Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
First I thought it would be great! Lots of cool items and making it a game seems cool. But then I open the recipes and not only are the quantities of some of the items ridiculous but the prices of the items you need from the marketplace are even MORE ridiculous!!

To fix: Set up a section in the alchemy store where you can buy ingredient items (and stock items that only go up to 50K so it will be fairly affordable to everyone) and GET INVOLVED IN THE MARKETPLACE!!! At least regulate items that have an actual store price, if an item's store price is listed plain as day, they shouldn't be listed at 10x that price (at least!) that is insane!

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Great idea, poor execution. Sadly I won't be participating unless things change drastically.

Aged Gaian

9,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Perhaps instead of using items, we should just use basic "ingredients" to make whatever we want, whatever item comes out would be random depending on the level you are. Then any items you have and what not can also be combined to make a random item but you can keep the recipe on how you made it (A good alchemist always keeps notes). The expensive items should have expensive ingredients, semi expensive should have semi expensive ingredients, semi cheap should have semi cheap items, and cheaps items have cheap ingredients. You also need to place all ingredients needed in the shops and zomg since most gaians I hate to say are just complete noobs and can't be trusted.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
I need to find out where can I find alchemy items without having to go to the marketplace so much? I seen some of those in the place, but im also hunting for more different kinds.

Feline Shapeshifter

I don't know if this has been suggested, cause I'm not reading through 17 pages to find out...

Why not put the ingredients in Dumpster Dive? It would be a nice change from nothing but paper and bugs from admin. It would make the ingredients much more accessible too.

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I was interested at first till I found out that prices for some of the ingredients needed have tripled or more in price in the Market Place and some aren't in MP when it sends you there either not sure where to get the item. I'm not interested in this alchemy anymore.
CleoSombra
Perhaps the amount of experience needed to get to the next level can be shown - and how much experience individual formulas give. o3o

^ I want this too^

ThanatosRising
Hmm..

1) I think there needs to be clearer instructions on how to gain certain ingredients. I have no idea how to get a lot of them, whether they're random grants, or through some other means I'm not noticing.

2) Some easier/cheaper alchemy recipes to start off. Might be offset once I figure out where the ingredients are, or they become more common on the marketplace, but so far I can't craft anything because I can't afford the ingredients or don't know where to find them to.

3) Don't like the use of cash shop items in alchemy. While they're cheap now, eventually as they're used up, they will get more expensive. I think all alchemy ingredients should be -non limited edition- items, even if they are rare.

^I agree with everything in the above^

Seraph Mirako
. . . having rare/expensive formulas available for limited times or through chance, which yield a success rate somewhere around 0.001%.

Oh my gosh, yeah! gonk *NO LIMITED EDITION FORMULAS!* No RIG style formulas either where you may not even get what formula you want when you go to buy/use it either. I don't even support formulas being rotated in and out like items in Dernier Cri, because the alchemy system requires leveling, hunting down ingredients, and, at the moment at least, destruction of the formula if one fails (and it seems failing is common) so that you'd need to gather up all your gold again to buy the formula and try to make the item again.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

I have to echo the rest of the thread. Great idea, piss poor execution.

This feature should be using trash, flowers, bugs, inks, fish, word bump credits, tokens, tickets, zOMG drops, items you get from Faunzy's Flute, and items you get from the exchanges, like the school items you use the word bump credits for, fish items, bouquets of flowers, tattoos, etc. Gold shop items, too.

Alchemy should use items that are renewable and obtainable for everyone. The occasional RIG fail item, sure - but we shouldn't need multiples of those items for these recipes. It's just going to eat up the items and there's no way to replace them except getting lucky with a RIG. So no way to replace them without spending cash and crossing your fingers. And if it's going to use items from the free grants, like the double rainbow and starmony... then those grant links need to let us collect more than one and they need to not expire.

I'm all for using this as a way to create difficult collection quests, but it shouldn't be used as a sink for nonrenewable/cash items and the recipe components should NOT cost more than the final product.

Dangerous Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Profitable 100
The prices for the ingredients as high as they are, I think I'll just stay out. Looks like a lucky few may have a great time. Typical!

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
I was very excited when I saw the new items (mainly the Ian companion item!) , but my spirits plummeted when I saw what items you have to get and how difficult it is to even make a level 1 formula!

Not to mention many of those items will become extinct due to the limited amount, you should be using items that we get in the daily chance (flowers, ink, tokens,trash,ect), or on zOMG.

Last but not least, ingredients in the cash shop; im not paying real money to get a CS item and possibly be able to make it into a bunch of pixels for my avatar; and on top of that most of the CS items are limited and exit the shop after a while. neutral

Seriously Gaia Devs RETHINK this.
Here's my two cents.

1. Put ALL the components in the shop, or at least the ones you don't have to craft yourselves.

2. The formulas in the gold shop SHOULD NOT require multiples of cash shop items. (Two or three RIG items for a high-level formula I can see. Five duct tape rolls for a formula is ridiculous). No one wants to spend real money on an item so they can use it in a level one formula.

3. Low-level formulas shouldn't have more than three or so components, even if they do have a high risk of failure.

4. Let us preview the items!

And some suggestions:

1. An alchemy mini-rig that only grants ingredients and components

2. Release ingredients and components as prizes for Jigsaw, Dumpster Dive, and other games

3. "Wild Card" component in the cash shop - takes the place of any component, can only be used once.

4. Trade in achievement points for components

Overall, it's got a lot of potential, but the execution is really just awful.

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I would like to see more simple recipes that we could do on the earlier levels. I'm find with the late level recipes being expensive and hard to do, but I can't even do another level 1 recipe, after the starter kit, because I'm not a power user with millions of gold.

=_= I feel so excluded and sad. I wish there were some simpler recipes I could do, at least in the first two or three levels, with 100,000 gold or less.

Malevolent Mage

This needs to be fixed badly i need an 3mill item to make another 3 mill item really gaia? really?
I know it should nt be easy but how about we not use rig item to make rig items.
I have to agree with the majority of the people who have posted here too! I liked the idea at first (specially the dark skin angel and imp potions), but after discovering the poor release of it, my feelings died down cold.

I find the use of one grant items (like the double rainbow) for one recipe is really stupid, especially since there isn't even a scroll to create it (would be much better if there is one too)!

And since there are lots of post already about everything bad sweatdrop about it already, I would rather help with suggestions on how to make it better xp

Simply put, to use common gold shop items to create the ETC items needed in the recipes. For example, requiring one full set of the Drop Dead Gorgeous items, (Earrings, Hairpin, Choker, Dress and Shoes) of any one of the colors to make one Succubus Bone, or requiring all four complete sets to keep it feeling 'exclusive' and then using a 'x' amount of different items to create the even rarer ETC items needed for higher levels.

Over all, I just hope that it gets better, this looks to be really fun in total if it gets easier to use! 3nodding

Fashionable Smoker

7,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I really just don't like it... -facepalm- Sorry gaia to me it's just a fail... there are so many complaints it's true.

I thought I'd try it with one item. I needed 10 of another...
Well the one item I wanted to get out of it costs only a little over 20k more than the one of the 10 items I needed which was 40k-50k EACH.

... Not even rich people would do this? This alchemy is foolish and not worth the gold unless you are really, uh, dumb.

I thought it would be like TinierMe's Alchemy which is you just take two items and then pay some gold or cash to combine them together and just hope you get something totally awesome and rare! But I was disappointing.. sad I like that gaia is doing something different, but asking for 500,000 gold worth for one item that is actually around 70k is just not the greatest move......

I have a suggestion though..

Gaia could make something like a 'Mystery Scroll'. Where they would ask for certain ingredients that are -affordable- and not ridiculously priced. Once the person has all the items they combine it they wont know which item they will get the scroll could be marked as 'You will get something that is at least worth 20k or higher if you combine these ingredients. And maybe You'll have the chance to get something that is very rare!'

These scrolls will have categories like 'Angelic mystery scrolls' where you can get angelic items, Demonic mystery scrolls, mood bubble mystery scrolls, plush mystery scrolls.. etc etc!

And it just depends! They may get something cheap or whatever...

That's just my idea. I hope you guys fix the alchemy to everyone's liking!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff