Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeafyLeafa's Senpai

Kawaii Trash

I was really excited to see the items and then I read into it. I will save my gold for items once they actually hit the marketplace, and even then I doubt I could afford them. I am sort of looking at this as a huge joke. To much time and gold, for pretty much nothing. I am not spending that much gold to make anything. neutral Bring back decent monthly items and we will talk. I like gaia and have been here since 04. Overall, this place is going sour real fast.

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
You are small, like baby

I love the alchemy system, but I have a few ideas on how to improve it.

1) Add some of the components to the drop items in zOMG or add more ways to obtain components besides daily chance.
This way zOMG will get more traffic, more components will be found, and more items will be "transmuted". I don't have a word for items that one makes with Alchemy so I used a word from Full Metal Alchemist, SHOOT ME. mad

2) Add some of the items that were in the announcement to the Bifrost to be "Transmuted".
There's only recolors and a very few new items, items that were not listed in the announcement mind you but items one gets from the Ads that Gaia has made.

3) Maybe bring the price down for creating items a little bit.
I don't want to create items for a few gold, but I also don't want to be raped for gold for creating a single item either.
Now for creating a rare item like the backwings I say make them expensive as hell because they are rare and one should acquire these items after putting a lot of effort into getting the items and gold necessary
User Image
First off, this feature has the potential to be amazing. But you guys have to play your cards right, and balance the scales. Make the requirements equal to what we will be receiving at the end. In chemistry; what you put in has to equal what you get out, and in this case we are putting in more than what we are receiving.

If you want to think about it as equivalent exchange then go for it. Bottom line; what you put in has to equal to what you get out.

The princess gowns for example. To make the onyx one, you have to have three green ones, and three purple ones. ONE of those used to be steady at 230k on a good day. Now they are over 2mill. And there aren't even 3 of one of the colors listed last time i checked, there were two purple, and two green listed for outrageous prices.

Using past RIG items as material was a stupid move. Those items you can't get anymore, limited supply + new feature that requires them = HUGE DEMAND and higher prices.

Eventually the items will run out, and what will happen then? The rest of us who didn't get them will be SOL, thats what will happen.

Use shop items, zOMG! items, create new alchemy items, hell use fishing and other game items, items that don't have a fixed amount. BUT DON'T USE RIG ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and thank you for giving the forumula back to those that flunked the first alchemy exam. My main account thanks you!

~EA

Divine Cat

18,275 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Knights Jester
I have a quick question for anybody hanging around. In figure 7 here, do those cats look like dolls?

If so, I guess I'll be thinking about selling off most of the collection. If I'm not going to keep a full one, no point having the ones I don't use. confused
Which makes this system that much worse, imo.
The cats look like a recolred Ace Meow.

Shirtless Gekko

SnowbaIl
Knights Jester
I have a quick question for anybody hanging around. In figure 7 here, do those cats look like dolls?

If so, I guess I'll be thinking about selling off most of the collection. If I'm not going to keep a full one, no point having the ones I don't use. confused
Which makes this system that much worse, imo.
The cats look like a recolred Ace Meow.
Oh, you're right. Thank you very much. That's quite a bit of a relief.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Oh, I see what you did there, Gaia.

Hey, guys, we won't run out of RIG items, 'cause Gaia's giving us the formulas to potentially make old RIGs to potentially get more of the items needed for the new formulas.

You know, 'cause it's so easy to get exactly what you need from a RIG, and the components probably aren't that bad. Probably. Or not; I don't know, I'm not gonna waste the gold to find out.

Yeah, I still hate this and it still doesn't excuse the massive itemsink that it is.

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
You are small, like baby

Also would a preview of what the items will look like kill ya?
Because I want to know if the item(s) I'm planning on making are going to look like before I make the item and potentially waste my gold on.

User Image

Demonic Knight

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
look the idea is amazing but like everyone said cm and limited items should not be used in this or it will ruin the market even more and it would be nice to have the piece be new loot for zomg since it makes perfect since for it to be mostly there and just have multiple recipes to make one more rare and combine them to make an even more epic one and don't have them all consume alot of items to boot as well make it with in reason like the most should be like ten of an item but nothing that is limited or extreamly high priced that way it wont inter fear with the market prices at all and help every one else get those harder ones and drop prices and let gaia people be happy but i do love the idea for alchemy

Spacey Strawberry

You guys make me want to ragequit.

You had the potential for something really enjoyable and you screwed yourselves over, again. That's okay though, because we aren't users to you anymore, just bags of money, right?

Before I launch into a massive tirade that you won't even read, let me stop at thanks for completely screwing over vend, you're full of s**t expecting us to use old rare/RIG items - really any items that aren't replenishing - and you will never see another cash purchase from me ever again.

Shameless Firestarter

10,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
I am a complete sucker for features like this.

Levels, exchanges... I love them.

Unfortunately, I'm sure nearly every other user has made the major issue of this feature explicitly clear. Let me repeat it:

It is a bad idea to require limited edition items to make new ones.

The amount in circulation will decrease; the prices will increase; the already large gap between gold grants and gold prices will increase even more. Before you know it, our economy could reflect the likes of Neopets.
Its a truly amazing idea.. but the need for limited items.. is a really bad idea. I just looked and there arent even enough copies of the item on the market for me to try and even make some items. And some items just cost wayyy too much.. perhaps you should try making a lot of these items cash shop items and sell them that way =/

5,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Why can't there be more recipes that use items in near infinite supply? If recipes used items from fishing, towns, and zOMG people would have to work to get what they wanted but it would be attainable. Right now it all seems so silly. Many of the average market values were way higher than the item being made to begin with, and inflation is only driving them higher. I keep hearing people say "it will drop", but how much can it when these already limited items are being consumed in large numbers? You could reintroduce some of these items, but the system still seems flawed. There should be more recipes that use game and DC items. People would be able to gather items they've earned and collected, or buy them in the MP if they're impatient. The the people who have no interest in alchemy can sell the items they've earned for more. It makes much more sense.

5,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Kuro Ryuu Hime
Oh, I see what you did there, Gaia.

Hey, guys, we won't run out of RIG items, 'cause Gaia's giving us the formulas to potentially make old RIGs to potentially get more of the items needed for the new formulas.

You know, 'cause it's so easy to get exactly what you need from a RIG, and the components probably aren't that bad. Probably. Or not; I don't know, I'm not gonna waste the gold to find out.

Yeah, I still hate this and it still doesn't excuse the massive itemsink that it is.

But the recipes used to make the RIGs use at least ten items from the RIG itself.

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

~♥

This is an absolutely idiotic implementation of a wonderful idea, for the reason that so many have already stated:

You're using non-replenishable items. And you can't fix this, because the only way TO fix this is:

A. Offering them for cash, which in the case of collectible items is going against what you have promised for years, ergo would be lying to your users.

B. Allowing them to be made with formulae, which will again in the case of previous CIs make you liars and cheats, essentially.

Coupled with a chance of failure, this means that items which are already limited in availability are going to disappear and fast. I wouldn't mind if they used ONLY RIG items - but only the common ones, because you're offering the ability to make more with replenishable items (I believe, I could be wrong). I can deal with that. I can't deal with requiring items that CANNOT be replaced or items that have a 0.001% drop chance from a cash shop box in the first place just to make something new. Not to mention the chance of failure and the extremely high gold prices. Plus when you require more than one item FROM a RIG to MAKE a RIG ... does no one see the problem in this?

Ultimately you're screwing people and future users because you are irreversibly removing items from the system. Sure, it's driving their worth up - but this system won't even be ABLE to last for more than a few months at this rate. Why in the world would you waste your time making something that's doomed to collapse by its very nature?

Because like I said ... you can't replenish some of the items, or you'd be guilty of false advertising - unless I'm mistaken and no CIs are used (which I may be) but even then it's going to completely wipe out the market for these items while simultaneously devaluing the newly crafted items.

After all, why would I want to BUY a RIG when I can make one? Why would I want to buy anything really, because hey, it'll just get shafted by the Alchemy system anyway so screw that.

I'm keeping my money and I'm sorry that I've invested the amount that I have invested into this site. I'll stay for my friends, but you'll be adblocked and you're sure as hell not getting any cash from me.

♥~

5,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
rubiestargurl
A leveling system on top of the exchange system? I love it.
I can't get too critical yet but so far:
  • Option to try on items without having to rely on the MP. Maybe I missed something but I can't figure out how to try on the items in store.
  • If RIG items are needed, either limit the for RIG items or have the failure items dispited in other ways (ala overseer/daily chance/dumpster dive etc). It would limit the rage and would get promote activity in other areas.

Okay, I had a bit more time and found out you guys are selling RIG formulas as well as giving out formulas via giftboxes. This is ******** genius. However, I'm hoping you did understand that without fully explaining this system (that it may turn most items into items to make items) that people will be angry for the time being (until people wise up and stop charging high prices). If I'm really off base, I would like someone to fully explain this system.

• I am sorry if someone already pointed this out to you. To make any of the RIGs I looked into you need at least ten of particular item from that rig, so the supply will continue to dwindle unless these items are put back somehow.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff