Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Ladykiller

16,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
My reaction when I saw the Announcement: blaugh

My reaction when I looked more into this: gonk

Gaia, I thought you were trying to fight inflation. Please, you have a great idea wit a terrible execution. And I was willing to work hard for items, but this is ridiculous.

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
I don't like it at all. Not one bit. :/ You can't possibly be blind to the prices in the MP.
Who cares about the fact items have a sell back value, that's just gaia officials placing a sell back value as a guideline.

MP doesn't follow guidelines.

Gaia let the MP be regulated by gaians.
So gaia should take into consideration how gaians will maliciously bastardize this situation. This alchemy thing makes not one lick of sense, and I honestly refuse to spend anymore gaiacash until I'm certain I'm not going to be cheated out any more than we all already have.

I don't support sites that work on their own terms when they say they work for their users terms.

And by the way, why pay like 1.5 million gold to make an item I can easily get for about, oh, 100k in the MP?

In a relationship with PoshuI

Another thing I thought was kind of weird is that to make Valefor Academy, you have to use multiple brooms that come FROM Valefor Academy. Then when you make it you might even open it and get that same broom back. That's a laugh. rofl

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Poshul
Another thing I thought was kind of weird is that to make Valefor Academy, you have to use multiple brooms that come FROM Valefor Academy. Then when you make it you might even open it and get that same broom back. That's a laugh. rofl

I know.
I feel like I'm seriously being played.
It's almost insulting.

Shirtless Gekko

♪★♪
I have a quick question for anybody hanging around. In figure 7 here, do those cats look like dolls?

If so, I guess I'll be thinking about selling off most of the collection. If I'm not going to keep a full one, no point having the ones I don't use. confused
Which makes this system that much worse, imo.
♪★♪

Confident Genius

Knights Jester
♪★♪
I have a quick question for anybody hanging around. In figure 7 here, do those cats look like dolls?

If so, I guess I'll be thinking about selling off most of the collection. If I'm not going to keep a full one, no point having the ones I don't use. confused
♪★♪
I imagine they're just part of a selection of new cats rather than dolls, since they're next to the cat version of the Whipped Creamerian and the Rainbow Kitten Star. And especially since we already have the dolls of the thief and detective. They probably thought "the Cats of Pietro" sounded cute.

I guess if their goal was to cause mass outrage, they may as well bring up the CoP again and show more items and poses related to it while they refuse to evolve the thing itself.

Rainbow Phantom

Fix:
Take all cash items OUT.
Make all ingredients gold items.
Make the ingredients EXIST before putting them in a list.
Make a much more reasonable amount of items needed.

Problem solved.
Gold item ingredients = gold sink.
No cash items = everyone has a fair chance, and people who paid money for them won't feel cheated.
Ingredients existing = should be obvious.

Stellar Bunny

17,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
May I ask, do you know how the Economy works?

The recent event Pie Hard was made in order to give back some gold to the system with the purpose of lower the inflation, right?

Well, when you launch items such as Frigid Night Jewel (for example) in the cash shop, this items, because are very rare, and you get them from CI's, their price is tending to ascend, because everybody wants it, but just a few people got it.

Now, lets suppose everybody wants the item Blue Glittering Stockings, and they are going to make the recipe, do you think are enough Frigid Night Jewels to make it? How much do you think it price is going to ascend? How much do you think Blue Glittering Stockings are going to cost in the Market Place?

Now, I'm going to ask the same for other items which price in Market Place it's a lot higher. What do you think?

I really can't understand, if you want to stop inflation, you should relaunch those items or make us buy what is in the gold shops, not making us this kind of things.

Well, I don't know what are you doing, I'm just an Economics Science Student in the older, and most important hispanic University. ¬¬U

14,900 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I've noticed that, similar to the items that use Double Complete Rainbows to make, Gelato Supremo requires Starmony, which I know first-hand is another one-time grant from an artist's profile, and which I would never consider using in a recipe because it's so irreplaceable.

The only way I'd accept rare, expired items being used is if the items themselves were craftable (not using other irreplacable items, of course). That's probably what people were hoping for from this; collect and combine cheap, junky items to get items that currently aren't in circulation and only owned by like 20 people at any given time. Gaia probably should have first released simple recipes using materials that already exist, instead of all these unreleased items and ultra-rare past RIG rewards.

I'm also not sure the feature will get much use if the components are restricted to Daily Chance or the extremely rare flying giftboxes. Maybe they could sell more of them, or give them as rewards from the older games?

Shirtless Gekko

Sinivar
Knights Jester
♪★♪

♪★♪
I imagine they're just part of a selection of new cats rather than dolls, since they're next to the cat version of the Whipped Creamerian and the Rainbow Kitten Star. And especially since we already have the dolls of the thief and detective. They probably thought "the Cats of Pietro" sounded cute.

I guess if their goal was to cause mass outrage, they may as well bring up the CoP again and show more items and poses related to it while they refuse to evolve the thing itself.
♪★♪
I sincerely hope it's the case of simply new cats rather than dolls. I've spent literally years building a full collection, and it would kind of really suck to have it ruined by a system I don't want to use.
♪★♪

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Regarding the backwings... For years we were told that we would eventually get a method to obtain them. We were told that this method would be challenging, but it would give a fair chance for everyone, not just the super rich, to get the backwings. Now we're being told that it will cost a lot of gold to get it. WTH, not cool. crying

Also, I agree with Moroboshist. Get rid of the cash items and super rare items as ingredients. Most Gaians I know haven't even SEEN a "Thanks for supporting Gaia!" ad, let alone gotten one of the items from it. They're pricey enough in the MP, allowing them to be destroyed to make other items is just going to make them even more rare. This was a cool idea but executed HORRIBLY. Seriously, even basic stuff like "earlier levels should be easier" was missed. confused

Stellar Bunny

17,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
S u n n i e pea
I don't like it at all. Not one bit. :/ You can't possibly be blind to the prices in the MP.
Who cares about the fact items have a sell back value, that's just gaia officials placing a sell back value as a guideline.

So gaia should take into consideration how gaians will maliciously bastardize this situation. This alchemy thing makes not one lick of sense, and I honestly refuse to spend anymore gaiacash until I'm certain I'm not going to be cheated out any more than we all already have.

I don't support sites that work on their own terms when they say they work for their users terms.

And by the way, why pay like 1.5 million gold to make an item I can easily get for about, oh, 100k in the MP?

Market Place it's regulated by the market itself. Everything is in a Nash's balance, just like the real Economy it's supposed to be. None of us is regulating the Market Place, indeed. You know: demand and supply.

Obviously, the items in those recipes are the rarest ones, so the demand exceds supply, and prices rise.

Codebreaking Genius

7,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
Eliza Rain
S u n n i e pea

Market Place it's regulated by the market itself. Everything is in a Nash's balance, just like the real Economy it's supposed to be. None of us is regulating the Market Place, indeed. You know: demand and supply.

Obviously, the items in those recipes are the rarest ones, so the demand exceds supply, and prices rise.

Eh, either way, it seems the alchemy thing isn't working out right now.

Invisible Genius

34,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
Moroboshist
Fix:
Take all cash items OUT.
Make all ingredients gold items.
Make the ingredients EXIST before putting them in a list.
Make a much more reasonable amount of items needed.

Problem solved.
Gold item ingredients = gold sink.
No cash items = everyone has a fair chance, and people who paid money for them won't feel cheated.
Ingredients existing = should be obvious.

I love this fix. It's the only fair way to fix it. Too bad Gaia is greedy and no longer listens to what the players want.

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Kuro Ryuu Hime
Why does everyone keep calling this a goldsink? From what I've seen, the costs are thus: a modest price for recipes, fair price for performing it, and a crapload of gold going to other users who are probably already pretty wealthy from having the rare items -- yes there's the 2% tax, but that's kinda silly compared to needing 1 mil to make a 20 - 30k item.

This, as has been said a few times, is an itemsink more than anything.
[~. It does count as a gold sink because you use gold use it. Like gold shops. HOWEVER, you're right in the alchemy system probably will HAS effected the item supply greater than it has the gold economy up to this point.
pirate .~]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces