Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
edit: I have been made aware that Gaia devs are finally starting to work on the Inventory Arranger!!! I would still like to offer these suggestions for the dev team to consider, if they haven't taken notice already

1: make it so we can donate our items to dumpster dive from there. Option can be acessed by clicking on/ highlighting said item, and selecting a “donate button”, that can be placed near the “give as gift” button.

2: let us sell our items from the storage locker. I avoid taking out items from there and mixing them with my invo, since I don't feel like having them in there, adding to the clutter. It's easier to a** a sell option to what we have in the locker, without relocating them into our inventories.

3: update the layout of the inventory arranger. This could easily be done like TekTek's sorting system, in combination with your own inventory search, or even MP search.

3a: Like Tektek, Inventory Organizer could have a dropdown that allows users to search for items by the default: “All Items”/ or by “Cash Shop”, “Chance Items”, “Evolving Items”, “Gold Shop Items”, “Monthly Collectables”, “Game Items (including zOMG)”, “Animated Items”, or “Housing Items”. This dropdown list could be accessed by hovering over the “All” tab, and collapsed when moving your mouse to a different location

4: Update the layout and functionality of the storage locker. There's a lot of things that can be done as far as improvements go.

4a: Make it so that we can customize or lockers with skins/ layouts. These can just be Gaia images provided with our profile layouts, though new images would also be appreciated. Even a selection to change the color of the original lockers with a option box and a small number of colors would be nice to have.

4b: Let users store not only their items, but their gold as well. This would be a simple solution to tackle the “storage banks” people have asked for, for years. There would be no interest earned when the gold is stored in the locker, but to be able to separately store gold from items, it would be mandatory to pay for “safety deposit box” , which could be accessed by clicking a side arrow near the original item storage box,; which would slide over to show your gold storage box. This makes a good goldsink, but will take no further gold from people's accounts, once the safety deposit box is purchased. People's gold can be stashed day for a rainy day, safely. The process of transferring gold into the storage locker would just be exactly like transferring gold through a trade, just type in the amount you want to throw into storage and submit it. It will be there until you decide to take it out again.

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Dangerous Visionary

I thought they were working on it which is why even they title it "The really, really, really old inventory arranger" nowadays check it out next time you go to the page. 3nodding

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Miss-dark8607
I thought they were working on it which is why even they title it "The really, really, really old inventory arranger" nowadays check it out next time you go to the page. 3nodding
I doubt they are. I've been to the page, which is why I created a topic on it to provide details on possible improvements to it. The title of it is a joke, one that's been addressed for months now- just like "The cold case of Pietro" is a joke, albeit a poor one like the inventory arranger joke is. There's no word from the devs that they actually intend to work on it an to improve functionality, and until there is, then what's the harm in creating a topic to let them know what I, and possibly many others may want out of this old and seemingly abandoned feature?

Dangerous Visionary

mana of the glass moon
Miss-dark8607
I doubt they are. I've been to the page, which is why I created a topic on it to provide details on possible improvements to it. The title of it is a joke, one that's been addressed for months now- just like "The cold case of Pietro" is a joke, albeit a poor one like the inventory arranger joke is. There's no word from the devs that they actually intend to work on it an to improve functionality, and until there is, then what's the harm in creating a topic to let them know what I, and possibly many others may want out of this old and seemingly abandoned feature?

None at all. I am happy you did make this thread as even I kind of forgot about how they claimed they were working on it. Just like homes and towns 2.0 and a bunch of other features we still haven't seen yet. Hurrah for alchemy I suppose. stare

Dangerous Visionary

Man, Op we are they only ones that seems to care.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I care too. I agree with you so much. I like to organize my wearable items white, ROYGBIV, black, and it's so hard to do the way it is now. I wish they could be organized section by section instead of having to do the "All" tab all the time.
User Image

Rainbow Saint

13,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'd like a sorta auto sort feature 'gold shop items, cash shop items, monthy collectables' I can hit and it'll auto sort. It'd also be cool if we had a sort by color feature. I have a HUGE inventory. It takes a few minutes just to move things from one to another side.

I'd be also epic if they had an auto group together button. You push it and it groups all the same item (EIs included) by the closest up on the inventory number so I don't have to spend 30+ minutes trying to get all the doubles I own together.

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
[~. I care too. I also thought/was hoping they were working it. What's the point of highlighting it to the users that it's old and broken, if you're not doing anything about it.

But, you know what I want? A quick arrange button. Something that groups all the similar items together and then saves. It was hard work arranging my inventory. So hard that I never did the same for my mule. End result: I can't find anything in my mule's inventory.

And, is it just me, or is the ability to move more than on thing at a time gone? I want that back too.
pirate .~]

Dangerous Visionary

solarssun
I'd be also epic if they had an auto group together button. You push it and it groups all the same item (EIs included) by the closest up on the inventory number so I don't have to spend 30+ minutes trying to get all the doubles I own together.

Oh goodness yes. I recently cleaned up my inventory as I was thinking about taking a break but I don't want to miss the Spring cleaning thing. I had like 100-200 ocean tops, 100 pearl castaway shirts, and so many building blocks. I was like HOW THE HECK DID I GET ALL THESE BLOCKS. It took so long to move all them and group them together. Then I found out I didn't really have to do all that since I was selling them back to the shops. FUUUUUUUUUU gonk

Dangerous Visionary

cookie_pirate_sora506

And, is it just me, or is the ability to move more than on thing at a time gone? I want that back too.
pirate .~]

No you just have to hit ctrl twice in order to get to work again. It's odd. (Oh I'm on the latest Firefox for Windows and all kinds of crazy things happen to me now when I'm on Gaia) Well just try to see if that works for you. If not I'm sorry I couldn't help mora. sweatdrop

Rainbow Saint

13,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
Miss-dark8607
solarssun

Oh goodness yes. I recently cleaned up my inventory as I was thinking about taking a break but I don't want to miss the Spring cleaning thing. I had like 100-200 ocean tops, 100 pearl castaway shirts, and so many building blocks. I was like HOW THE HECK DID I GET ALL THESE BLOCKS. It took so long to move all them and group them together. Then I found out I didn't really have to do all that since I was selling them back to the shops. FUUUUUUUUUU gonk

What I do now is I go up and start typing the item I want to group together and it appears all in the bottom of course. I highlight/select all fo them then I clear the search. I made note of where the top one of those items are by number and I go find it. I grab it (should still be highligted) and drop it back down in the same spot so the others come to where it is. It's a bit of a hassle though.

Dangerous Visionary

solarssun
Miss-dark8607
solarssun

What I do now is I go up and start typing the item I want to group together and it appears all in the bottom of course. I highlight/select all fo them then I clear the search. I made note of where the top one of those items are by number and I go find it. I grab it (should still be highligted) and drop it back down in the same spot so the others come to where it is. It's a bit of a hassle though.

Yeah that seems even harder than what I had to do. sweatdrop

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Miss-dark8607
cookie_pirate_sora506

pirate .~]

No you just have to hit ctrl twice in order to get to work again. It's odd. (Oh I'm on the latest Firefox for Windows and all kinds of crazy things happen to me now when I'm on Gaia) Well just try to see if that works for you. If not I'm sorry I couldn't help mora. sweatdrop
[~. Hmmm... i got the plus thingy back. I guess I need to just play with it. You're right, it's weird. Bah, then they should make it easy again.
pirate .~]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces