• Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Ocean Air
Myrielle
Ocean Air
Myrielle
Ocean Air
Myrielle
Well damn. That's makes things worse. The way it looks, you got a 40% chance to get something from the 100-draw. Better buy the singles if you want 100%.
I agree, the whole thing is a rip-off.

I think it may be a good idea to file a billing inquiry. You paid real money for some feature that gives you less than minimum pay out. You should get a refund.

I hope Gaia looks into this.

I doubt Gaia would refund anything. They'll just give an technical, system-based, mechanical "explanation" about why things are the way they are from the Item in question so they can get a "oh okay" from the buyer...which is sad.

I don't know about Gaia's purchase history because I'm not a veteran but a refund from them sounds notoriously rare...especially nowadays.
Actually, there were instances that they did offer refunds, albeit rarely, if one would file a ticket. Like if you over-bought an item in the CS or if you accidentally bought the item and wanted to get something else. As long as the item is in your inventory untouched, there is a chance to get a refund depending one circumstances.

However, it is pretty selective. I'm still waiting for around $4.50 to refunded when that Heralds of Chaos game died. It's stuck as Chaos Cash. Uncle Kenny and either swarf or Panagrammic mentioned that they were planning to reverse the charges around two years ago, but when I filed a ticket, customer service wasn't aware about the whole deal. They did promise to look into things.

Those reasons are definitely meaningful as a user would do an "oopsie" here and there. I thought I did one once but it turns out everything came out okay.

I hope you get your money soon. I would send them a "reminder" just to make sure.

Yes, I did. Last year, I don't think I merited a response. At least this time, the admin did answer some of my questions. I racked that up as a plus.

That's awesome. I'm glad everything worked out nicely. c:

Actually I've gotten good CS with the mistakes they've made too.
They advertised a Super Bundle (any random bundle ever) for 799gc.
I accidently bought a Super Bundlemas for the same price. (it wasn't advertised nor was the one I meant to buy on the first page of the CS.)
I sent in a ticket, even though people on either SF or QA said it was my fault and they won't do anything.
They put the one I meant to buy in my inventory, and took the other one away.

edit: how do the quotes get so messed up o_O

Shy Strawberry

This is why we can't have nice things Gaia... stressed
Holy s**t dude thats a huge rip off!
its a curse
I have a tissue
Not even one charm per bag? Well that's dumb.

So out of 100 you received 40 charms- not even half, so you didn't even get 1 charm per 2 bags.

At least if you choose the "Gold" option you get gold out of all of them. That's pretty lame considering you can also get the charms for free and can have a stockpile of them if you have enough mules doing Daily Chance.

Apparently, using mules to get charms from DC and then sending them to your main is against TOS.
I don't recommend it.

Where did you hear that?

Registering accounts to gain gold, Gaia Cash, take advantage of the referral and crap would be because you are exploiting the system. Having mules and using them legitimately is not against the rules.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue

So out of 100 you received 40 charms- not even half, so you didn't even get 1 charm per 2 bags.

At least if you choose the "Gold" option you get gold out of all of them. That's pretty lame considering you can also get the charms for free and can have a stockpile of them if you have enough mules doing Daily Chance.

Apparently, using mules to get charms from DC and then sending them to your main is against TOS.
I don't recommend it.

Where did you hear that?

Registering accounts to gain gold, Gaia Cash, take advantage of the referral and crap would be because you are exploiting the system. Having mules and using them legitimately is not against the rules.

took a while to find it through all that lawyer bs, but here you go:
Quote:
Gold, Virtual Currency. Throughout your Gaia Online experience, you may accumulate "Gold", which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of Gaia Online when, as, and if allowed by Gaia. Gold is the fictional currency used in the world of Gaia Online and it may only be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the Member's inventory and can be used to enhance the look of the Member's on-line persona or player, also known as an "Avatar", or other on-site features. Gaia may charge fees for the right to use Gold, or may distribute Gold without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, Gold represents a limited license right governed solely under these Terms, has no real value, and is not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Gaia at any time. As a condition of using Gaia Online and accumulating Gold, you agree that Gaia has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Gold, including the Gold in your inventory, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that Gaia will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Upon your closing of your account or the termination of your account by Gaia as provided in these terms, you understand that your limited license to use Gold will be terminated and that no sum shall be due and owing to you for the Gold accumulated in your inventory or account. Notwithstanding any other language to the contrary, as used in these Terms and throughout Gaia Online in the context of Gold transfers: (a) the term "sell" means "to transfer for consideration to another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms" and (b) the term "buy" means "to receive for consideration from another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms". Gaia may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Gold transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, to conform with revisions to these Terms, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with Gaia Online, such as creating multiple secondary accounts strictly to accumulate Gold by using site features and then funneling it to a singular account.

it's bolded.
its a curse
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue

I don't recommend it.

Where did you hear that?

Quote:
Gold, Virtual Currency. Throughout your Gaia Online experience, you may accumulate "Gold", which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of Gaia Online when, as, and if allowed by Gaia. Gold is the fictional currency used in the world of Gaia Online and it may only be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the Member's inventory and can be used to enhance the look of the Member's on-line persona or player, also known as an "Avatar", or other on-site features. Gaia may charge fees for the right to use Gold, or may distribute Gold without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, Gold represents a limited license right governed solely under these Terms, has no real value, and is not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Gaia at any time. As a condition of using Gaia Online and accumulating Gold, you agree that Gaia has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Gold, including the Gold in your inventory, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that Gaia will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Upon your closing of your account or the termination of your account by Gaia as provided in these terms, you understand that your limited license to use Gold will be terminated and that no sum shall be due and owing to you for the Gold accumulated in your inventory or account. Notwithstanding any other language to the contrary, as used in these Terms and throughout Gaia Online in the context of Gold transfers: (a) the term "sell" means "to transfer for consideration to another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms" and (b) the term "buy" means "to receive for consideration from another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms". Gaia may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Gold transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, to conform with revisions to these Terms, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with Gaia Online, such as creating multiple secondary accounts strictly to accumulate Gold by using site features and then funneling it to a singular account.

it's bolded.

Mods have said that having legitimately-used mules is okay.

You can have as many mules as you want as long as you are not violating the Terms of Service with them, like registering a shitton of accounts for the referral stuff only to abandon them or using multiple accounts to bot features.

"Well I didn't bot on my main account" is a phrase that was heard often back in 2006 'round these here parts.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue

I don't recommend it.

Where did you hear that?

Quote:

it's bolded.

You can have as many mules as you want as long as you are not violating the Terms of Service with them, like registering a shitton of accounts for the referral stuff only to abandon them or using multiple accounts to bot features.

"Well I didn't bot on my main account" is a phrase that was heard often back in 2006 'round these here parts.

I'd like a second opinion on that.
It clearly says "creating multiple accounts strictly to accumulate gold by using site features then funneling it to a singular account."
Not, using a bot and sending the money to a singular account.
Which would mean, having 10 accounts to obtain charms on and then sending them to your mule account is breaking that rule.
its a curse
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue
its a curse

I don't recommend it.

Where did you hear that?

Quote:

it's bolded.

It clearly says "creating multiple accounts strictly to accumulate gold by using site features then funneling it to a singular account."
Which would mean, having 10 accounts to obtain charms on and then sending them to your mule account is breaking that rule.

"in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, to conform with revisions to these Terms, or deliberate disruptions to or interference"

Just having mules doing Daily Chance does not fall into any one of those without there being some freakish factors the person can't generally do with only one account.

It's been the same for years and is the only thing that hasn't been restricted or changed since 2003.

Uncle Kenny also said that they do not restrict the use, and a ton of people posted how many mules they have and what they use them for. He also says the same thing here.

Feel free to get a second option, though this is one thing that has not changed :)

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
its a curse
I have a tissue

I don't recommend it.

Is it? What part of TOS does it breach?

Edit: nvm, found the answer!

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
ToshiTo-chan
its a curse
I have a tissue

I don't recommend it.

Is it? What part of TOS does it breach?

Edit: nvm, found the answer!

quoted it but im glad you found the answer

who knows? maybe these plus boxes don't really contain 100 boxes at all

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue
its a curse
I have a tissue

Where did you hear that?

Quote:

it's bolded.

"in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, to conform with revisions to these Terms, or deliberate disruptions to or interference"

Just having mules doing Daily Chance does not fall into any one of those without there being some freakish factors the person can't generally do with only one account.

It's been the same for years and is the only thing that hasn't been restricted or changed since 2003.

Uncle Kenny also said that they do not restrict the use, and a ton of people posted how many mules they have and what they use them for. He also says the same thing here.

Feel free to get a second option, though this is one thing that has not changed :)

Here you go

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
its a curse

I think you're missing the key words in the ToS and in what the moderator said; STRICTLY and SOLELY. Which what this moderator said is in agreement with Uncle Kenny's and the other mods response; that yes, sending items/gold back and forth from mules to main is fine, so long as the sole purpose of that/those mule(s) is not to gain gold/items. Example a person owning an art shop, a charity, a minishop, a roleplay account, ect. They are using their accounts legitimately. They're not making mules simply to nab the daily's and item/gold caps.

==========

Anyway, back on topic to the OP, honestly, I'd file a billing ticket. You should have gotten at least 100 charms and you got what...half that? They owe you charms or a refund.

RowanMoonGuard's Fangirl

Ursine Champion

18,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
I am so sorry. That is some bullshit.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Fayt_of_Redemption
its a curse

I think you're missing the key words in the ToS and in what the moderator said; STRICTLY and SOLELY. Which what this moderator said is in agreement with Uncle Kenny's and the other mods response; that yes, sending items/gold back and forth from mules to main is fine, so long as the sole purpose of that/those mule(s) is not to gain gold/items. Example a person owning an art shop, a charity, a minishop, a roleplay account, ect. They are using their accounts legitimately. They're not making mules simply to nab the daily's and item/gold caps.

==========

Anyway, back on topic to the OP, honestly, I'd file a billing ticket. You should have gotten at least 100 charms and you got what...half that? They owe you charms or a refund.

UK's post is 4 years old.

The TOS was updated in 2013.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas