Welcome to Gaia! ::

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
The first tiered spending event began on September 5th and ended on the 7th. The second, and most recent, event began on the 12th and ends on the 14th. Both have maximum tiers that are over $100 and the most recent has added exclusive items to the mix. One week is not enough time between the two "events," nor are three days enough time for the events to last. A week is not enough time to reasonably recover from the previous event, and I believe that if more time was allowed to pass between events more users would be able to take part in them and thus earn Gaia more money. Now, many may say that one doesn't have to take part in each event. While this is certainly true, the addition of items that are, supposedly, never going to be released directly again poses a dilemma and is quite unfortunate. There is, of course, a chance that the items in question will be released indirectly in a future RIG, but we can't say this with 100% certainty.

In short, the majority of us don't have money constantly flowing out of our ears, but might be able to accrue the needed amount if given a bit (and I say a bit, not a lot) more time.

If you're downvoting, tell me why!

OG GO

Gaia seems to be ignoring everyone who mentions gc in a not so lovely light sad

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
koimilk
Gaia seems to be ignoring everyone who mentions gc in a not so lovely light sad

It just seems like their ignoring the user base, period. It's really too bad.

Perfect Saint

I think Gaia has struck gold with their new gimmick and they are on a milking mode. I have to agree that I dislike the pressure of having to spend so much at one go over the weekend. I wish they'd count purchases during a longer period. In a month, it's possible for me to spend to hit the top tiers, but pushing for 2-3 days. I rather not bother. It's definitely a money-making strategy and they are giving things I would like, but I like to spend at my pace.

Maybe Gaia should have a monthly spending tier instead?

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
Myrielle
I think Gaia has struck gold with their new gimmick and they are on a milking mode. I have to agree that I dislike the pressure of having to spend so much at one go over the weekend. I wish they'd count purchases during a longer period. In a month, it's possible for me to spend to hit the top tiers, but pushing for 2-3 days. I rather not bother. It's definitely a money-making strategy and they are giving things I would like, but I like to spend at my pace.

I would love the monthly spending tier so much more. And I think that that is much more reasonable. Plus, I wish that they would refine their definition of "spending". Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't understand whether one reaches the tiers from simply purchasing cash or buying items from the cash shop. Honestly, it seems like a rip-off to have to spend almost $200 in three days in the CS itself in order to get to the top.

Perfect Saint

Metropol Rubbish
Myrielle

I would love the monthly spending tier so much more. And I think that that is much more reasonable. Plus, I wish that they would refine their definition of "spending". Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't understand whether one reaches the tiers from simply purchasing cash or buying items from the cash shop. Honestly, it seems like a rip-off to have to spend almost $200 in three days in the CS itself in order to get to the top.
It's definitely easy for a user to misinterpret the event. To us, buying GC is already an act of spending.They do put these in the announcement.
Quote:
Spend Gaia Cash on anything you want during the event!
When your spending reaches one of our tiers, you’ll earn your choice of the listed rewards.
Keep spending and you will keep earning more and more rewards up to the top tier!

And they've done similar promos last year at the height of the Flynn Booty madness.

Although I'm not sure what difference does it make on Gaia's side. They must be getting some data or some quota for their items to make it worth their while to have people spend GC rather than buy. Is actually getting to move virtual inventory a thing? Maybe it helps to see what people would like to buy in the heat of the moment? That way they can focus on those items.

Relentless Glitch

If they did make a monthly spending event, what would the tiers be? Basing it on a three-day event of having a max reward of $160...$1000? $1500?

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
Myrielle
It's definitely easy for a user to misinterpret the event. To us, buying GC is already an act of spending.They do put these in the announcement.
Quote:
Spend Gaia Cash on anything you want during the event!
When your spending reaches one of our tiers, you’ll earn your choice of the listed rewards.
Keep spending and you will keep earning more and more rewards up to the top tier!

And they've done similar promos last year at the height of the Flynn Booty madness.

Although I'm not sure what difference does it make on Gaia's side. They must be getting some data or some quota for their items to make it worth their while to have people spend GC rather than buy. Is actually getting to move virtual inventory a thing? Maybe it helps to see what people would like to buy in the heat of the moment? That way they can focus on those items.

It really isn't as clear as it should be and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth in the same way that many things do on this site now. I'm sure that they have some angle. Your idea of what they may be doing does makes sense, but I hope that they're able to rein it in a bit.
Dalia Royce
If they did make a monthly spending event, what would the tiers be? Basing it on a three-day event of having a max reward of $160...$1000? $1500?

Oh man, I'm a bit scattered so I didn't really think on this possibility. This would be awful and defeat the point of stretching it out. I know that there are some people that are able to spend that much each month, but making a bunch of halo level exclusives would be ridiculous. And personally, I wouldn't be inclined to spend anything if I wasn't able to get the exclusives. But leave it to this site.

Relentless Glitch

Metropol Rubbish

Oh man, I'm a bit scattered so I didn't really think on this possibility. This would be awful and defeat the point of stretching it out. I know that there are some people that are able to spend that much each month, but making a bunch of halo level exclusives would be ridiculous. And personally, I wouldn't be inclined to spend anything if I wasn't able to get the exclusives. But leave it to this site.

Uh-oh. I feel I may have opened a Pandora's box. redface

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
Dalia Royce

Uh-oh. I feel I may have opened a Pandora's box. redface

Haha don't give them ideas! Some unscrupulous staff may be lurking around. But in all seriousness, it is likely to come to that point unfortunately. Some people out there clearly have that deep of pockets and spend very very freely on this site.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
surprised one thing wrong on the first page is that you put this one ends on the 17th, and it doesn't sweatdrop it ended today the 14th

Eternal Hellraiser

Even stretching the 3 days into about 2 weeks or so would be an improvement, imo.

Ember Caster's Kouhai

Death Surgeon

48,850 Points
  • Academic Hero 500
  • Ultimate Alliance 500
  • Stone World 500
I completely agree with giving us more time between events, and they do need to make them longer then just 3 days. The amount you have to spend doesn't bother me, at long as it doesn't go higher then this, but it would be better if they gave us at least a full week for us to spend the money (though a month would be much better… but then if we had a month, the top prize being $200 would be ok surprised )

I think they should make a yearly one also emotion_dowant with a Win Gaia Bundle being the top tier prize xd

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I think even a week to reach the $150 spending tier might be more reasonable. Having a 2-3 day spending tier just seems unreasonable for me..
Not that I can really afford to spend money on Gaia haha...

Perfect Saint

Nymphadora Tonks Airman
I completely agree with giving us more time between events, and they do need to make them longer then just 3 days. The amount you have to spend doesn't bother me, at long as it doesn't go higher then this, but it would be better if they gave us at least a full week for us to spend the money (though a month would be much better… but then if we had a month, the top prize being $200 would be ok surprised )

I think they should make a yearly one also emotion_dowant with a Win Gaia Bundle being the top tier prize xd
I wonder what they will consider a fair tier level for a WGB?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff