Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I agree that rare bugs are too rare.

But one other thing I always wondered is that it's easy to overlook a bug on the screen. Sometimes they'll be behind a house, or sitting in a corner, so how would you even know if there's a rare bug there? I know at least once I caught a rare bug and didn't know it until later looking in my inventory, and someone else mentioned that happening to them too.

When you walk on a screen with an occasional giftbox, your avatar does a goggle eyed look, so you know that there is something there.

So my question is, couldn't the devs put that indicator on, so you know if there is a rare bug on the screen?

Bibliophile

Erynnis_Tristis

But one other thing I always wondered is that it's easy to overlook a bug on the screen. Sometimes they'll be behind a house, or sitting in a corner, so how would you even know if there's a rare bug there? I know at least once I caught a rare bug and didn't know it until later looking in my inventory, and someone else mentioned that happening to them too.

When you walk on a screen with an occasional giftbox, your avatar does a goggle eyed look, so you know that there is something there.

So my question is, couldn't the devs put that indicator on, so you know if there is a rare bug on the screen?

There's giftboxes in towns? surprised
I go there every day, there are so many things I never encountered or knew XD
An indicater would be nice too, but judging from the amount of listings of some of the rare bugs I'm getting the idea that the problem is more in the amount of rare bugs available.

Big Girl

34,150 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
I have honestly never once in my years here on Gaia ever encountered a single rare bug--and I was an AVID junk collector when towns was released, and even more-so when Alchemy was introduced. I have poured months worth of hours in going around collecting bugs and trash and flowers.

The only time I have ever seen a rare bug on a screen was in high school. My friend was playing next to me. He got to the next screen first. Demon Fly.

I was SO pissed!

Never again have I seen an actual rare bug flying around. I always thought my luck just outright sucked, but from what the complaints are claiming, it sounds like they made them just a teenie tiny bit TOO rare.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
TasteChaos
Erynnis_Tristis

An indicater would be nice too, but judging from the amount of listings of some of the rare bugs I'm getting the idea that the problem is more in the amount of rare bugs available.

Oh I agree entirely that the spawn rate could be improved. But generating rare bugs won't help if they are overlooked. Finding them is just as important to increase the amount available, and I do think it highly probable that some of the rare bugs that are generated already don't get caught. 3nodding

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
TasteChaos
Erynnis_Tristis

YUP once in a great while, but a lot more frequently than a rare bug, you'll enter an area and suddenly the googley eye surprised mood emoticon pops up ... and it alerts you to the fact there is something special in there with you xd . Usually a pink or blue giftbox flying in there.

Yeah I caught "the whisperer" and it looks exactly like a regular cicada, lol so that one I didn't know about till later. Most of them are pretty recognizable though. Goldenlegs could at first glance be mistaken for regular crickets due to the fact they are dawn/dusk bugs and in that lighting just a hair lighter than the crickets. Anybody who has caught a rhino beetle or demonfly most definitely can tell right away what it is xd , and monarchs are just enough different from regular yellow butterflies (plus the fact it is usually dawn/dusk, while yellow butterflies are mainly full daytime). Purple flies are 4x as big as a regular fly, and fly more like a slow dragonfly than a regular fly xd .

That's a good idea about a notification of some kind smile .

Shy Noob

16,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Contributor 150
rainbowlady1
K E N N Y T A L S
rainbowlady1
K E N N Y T A L S
& I wonder how many bugs does it take till finding a new rare one O_O I've been playing gaia for ages and have only come across 3rares during my gaian years & with the alchemy it is sadder gonk

Alchemy level stuck o.<

Probably the same rarity as a rare fish (5000 buckets?) whee I'm thinking even THAT has a better chance rolleyes

I'm not sure but I've collected THOUSANDS of bugs over the last 5 years, some in exchange for something I had, but a good amount I caught myself. My success with rares may or may not include the fact that I always go WAYYYYY out on the compass to places where there are no people present, and stick with mainly areas with no houses. But even then I've only found:

2 great monarchs
3 purple flies
2 demonflies
1 goldenlegs
1 rhino beetle
1 the whisperer

Waaah emotion_donotwant , hm it prob would be a good idea to have an exchange system for bugs just like in fishing.
X's amounts of bugs in trade for rare ones. emotion_brofist

smile actually, that has already been suggested in this thread xd . Yeah, that would be a really good idea, since if there is not a way to get a better drop rate, people who have spent a lot of time and effort saving up to do backwings, not realizing the severity of shortage on a couple of very important rare bugs are not going to be able to complete it. I just hope it is a LONG LONG time before they decide to close towns 1, because they haven't even come close to making it game item feasible on the same scale yet. Also, there is another formula that uses a monarch, and one that uses purple flies. Pretty soon if not already, THOSE will become obsolete.

Kenny, where are you stuck?

(Ken/bel here lol) Noted sweatdrop
I hope not, oh gawd I want towns 1 to be kept. I'm a lagger would never survive on towns 2 it's harder too pick up anything there, plus less garbage xp

And the 1k mark as someone else mention here sounds fair(fishing rare rule again xd : ) but don't agree on the 1k of each red,yellow,blue butterflies to make a rare lol I think it be nice to just merge the 1k of those three into one monarch or so .(example~)

I'm not stuck "yet" haven't need bugs to lvl up , I meant it just for the simple mention of those bugs been use in alchemy xD (could mention other stuck issues when it comes to items not found anymore to make something , I have in mind this is the bug issue)
For that same reason also can only lvl one avatar in alchemy and not be greedy x_x (unless there where easy items to take a hold of from towns, fishing,zomg) Don't know yet whats beyond lvl 4 components

Oh and there is formulas that are not available and you can't level up from them I think but they can still be completed

Dedicated Player

17,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
Nyadriel
Been hre since 07 and only found a rare bug ONCE! Be nice if they were a bit less rare.

I've gotten: the whistler, purple fly, and the demonfly, not sure how or when I got them, but I did. Have hoping to come across some Great Monarchs (I know, I know, in my dreams)

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Winged 100
Stripped Stripes
Nyadriel
Been hre since 07 and only found a rare bug ONCE! Be nice if they were a bit less rare.

I've gotten: the whistler, purple fly, and the demonfly, not sure how or when I got them, but I did. Have hoping to come across some Great Monarchs (I know, I know, in my dreams)

Dawn is easy to guess if the regular backdrop header is being used wink . As soon as it turns from night to day, stop everything and go for a few minutes hunting in towns 1. Go WAYYYY out there with the compass. Monarchs are dawn/dusk bugs 99.9% of the time xd . Happy hunting and good luck!

Dedicated Player

17,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
rainbowlady1
Stripped Stripes
Nyadriel

Dawn is easy to guess if the regular backdrop header is being used wink . As soon as it turns from night to day, stop everything and go for a few minutes hunting in towns 1. Go WAYYYY out there with the compass. Monarchs are dawn/dusk bugs 99.9% of the time xd . Happy hunting and good luck!

ty

what is the reg backdrop header?

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Winged 100
Stripped Stripes
rainbowlady1
Stripped Stripes
Nyadriel

ty

Up at the top of the page where your avatar is located smile . When they don't have event backgrounds, they use a generic one. Right now actually, it should show night time wink . I like the fact they put snow in there for the winter xd ..

Charitable Agent

40,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
rhino beetle x 2 since 2006
philosopher cache in daily chance is less rare cat_sad

Dedicated Player

17,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
rainbowlady1
Stripped Stripes
rainbowlady1
Stripped Stripes
Nyadriel

ty

Up at the top of the page where your avatar is located smile . When they don't have event backgrounds, they use a generic one. Right now actually, it should show night time wink . I like the fact they put snow in there for the winter xd ..

Me too I love the snow.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I've never seen a rare bug in Towns. In 9 years.

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Winged 100
Owlie
I've never seen a rare bug in Towns. In 9 years.

That's ok, in 75,000 fish before I got my angelic rod, no rare fishies. I haven't gotten any afterwards either xp in 5+ years

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I would like this. I mean I hardly use alchemy, but it would be nice to have better bug drops in general. Towns 2 is kind of weak compared to the Towns 1 drop rate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff