Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

I have a tissue
Jayce Reinhardt
Anyone else find it suspect that so many people are trying to derail the OP's point because he is a mule?

Being a Mule doesn't make this point null and void.

And I see that the OP is not the only mule in here. . . just sayin. . . .

Well, like I said before, the way this is behind handled is no better than what staff did. It's a situation that has degraded because of all parties, not just one or the other.

Quite simply, they really don't have a leg to stand on because they are misrepresenting what was posted by Zero. It's nitpicking and not at all helpful.

The thing is, I get having concerns- I am certainly not dismissing that. Though, I disagree with the way it's being handled by everyone, staff and users alike.

I would prefer to see the OP have a clear goal outside of villainizing staff.

Then do offer up a viable alternative to giving site feedback other than Site feedback.

OP is not "Villanizing staff"

The OP is expressing dissatisfaction of how a situation was handled. I saw no name calling, slurs, or curse words whatsoever.

We did not get answers, the matter is closed, the thread locked, ******** us?

While Gaia doesn't owe us anything, neither do the users owe Gaia. How long you think a business can survive pissing off it's customers in this way?

Shameless Dog

I have a tissue
She said to take it to PMs because the topic of this being the only thing this account has ever done brings on skepticism that it was done legitimately out of concern. Freedom of Speach also only covers you saying stuff about the US government, not about saying stuff about a private institution.

I have to agree with her... This is baiting more problems if that account was just registered to post this. The veil of anonymity does lead me to wonder why on earth it needs to be brought up again.

And, yes, I am a mule, but I have my reasons for hiding and they seem a lot more virtuous than confronting staff about something that has been drug out more than a parachute.

She was nice enough to come here and say publically what was going through her mind as a Mod who is here for forum health. If that can't be respected then the thread shouldn't be here.

The way it's being handled by users is becoming no better than what the staff did.

First off, I think that if you're going to put your thoughts in public, as Xya did, you invite responses of all kinds. That should be expected and accounted for the moment you click "Submit" on the post screen. Is the hate necessary? No, certainly not, but it all boils down to the fact that people are angry, and the events surrounding this controversy have only served to get people more angry.

I've always said that on any side of a debate, argument, or controversy you'll always have s**t heads on either side. However, the reason why I take the side of the users is that a Staff response was given...and then any and all discussion about the responses was stonewalled. In a public forum where discussion and feedback about Gaia SHOULD be.

I understand where you're coming from, but again, tact is needed. Closing down a thread after giving a response and calling the issue "resolved" is anything but tact.

Slick Southpaw's Compadre

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Chief Technical Officer 500
The one thing I don't understand personally is...if the goal was to remove gold from the economy, then why do so by putting gold into the economy in the first place? All that gold that came from staff accounts went to the people selling those items, the only gold that was removed from the system was the marketplace tax...but that still involves giving users several trillion gold that was otherwise inaccesible to the community at large.

I'm just not certain how that's a benefit. The other thing is, say staff bought a halo from a seller for 7 trillion gold. That halo then gets dropped into the plunder and that seller can turn around and win it for less than 7 trillion gold. Now that user has their item back, plus the additional gold from the original sale. I guess in a sense you've removed several trillion from the system, but it's gold that was already more or less out of the system from the start.

I'm not all that bothered by the happenings, honestly, I just don't get the reasoning.

Divine Muse

Exaggerated Rebellion
Serious response to Zero's response and the OP now.

Personally... I don't think Zero was lying when he said that the earlier lies were a brazen attempt to keep people from getting upset. Gaia staff have been, historically, really ******** bad at PR and lying. So this mishandling of the subject doesn't surprise me at all. Historically, Gaia's been really out of touch with the marketplace, too, so I can completely believe that this was a boneheaded "experiment" on their part.

However, I do not believe "oh, we were tired and misread the numbers" for a goddamned second. Not only is a) reversing MP purchases allowed now, so the fuss would have been minimal at best, but b) it shows how little market research was done in their "market research."

Also, Zero blatantly states that items to put it into Flynn's plunder is going to continue (at minimum, "over the course of this month and next" ), which ignores the fact that the outcry was about this very behavior to begin with. It's manipulative, and there's no transparency over what items were bought for what price, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Honestly, I'd like a list of everything that mule (and any others) bought, with the prices paid listed in comparison to whatever the MP average was, and a clear line of communication to the sellers confirming that they are fine with the gold source for the purchase. Not that Gaia will ever do that, that would require them to be completely honest about something.

I don't blame Zero one bit, I blame the people who tell him what to say.

Because this was just bullshit.
Jayce Reinhardt
I have a tissue
Jayce Reinhardt
Anyone else find it suspect that so many people are trying to derail the OP's point because he is a mule?

Being a Mule doesn't make this point null and void.

And I see that the OP is not the only mule in here. . . just sayin. . . .

Well, like I said before, the way this is behind handled is no better than what staff did. It's a situation that has degraded because of all parties, not just one or the other.

Quite simply, they really don't have a leg to stand on because they are misrepresenting what was posted by Zero. It's nitpicking and not at all helpful.

The thing is, I get having concerns- I am certainly not dismissing that. Though, I disagree with the way it's being handled by everyone, staff and users alike.

I would prefer to see the OP have a clear goal outside of villainizing staff.

Then do offer up a viable alternative to giving site feedback other than Site feedback.

You missed my point, but that's okay.

The intention of whomever owns the account is what I am concerned about. It does look like a collaborative effort to keep something alive that isn't that big of a deal any more and hasn't been since they admitted they did it.

In the grand scheme it's just one more thing on the rap sheet- a long one that barely anyone really has given much attention to. I was all for having the staff fix it and reverse all of the transactions. Now it's just laughable because the focus is all over nitpicking at what Zero said and not what they should be doing to fix it.

It's aimless and haphazard, just like what Gaia did when they started this whole debacle.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Jayce Reinhardt
Exaggerated Rebellion

Personally... I don't think Zero was lying when he said that the earlier lies were a brazen attempt to keep people from getting upset. Gaia staff have been, historically, really ******** bad at PR and lying. So this mishandling of the subject doesn't surprise me at all. Historically, Gaia's been really out of touch with the marketplace, too, so I can completely believe that this was a boneheaded "experiment" on their part.

However, I do not believe "oh, we were tired and misread the numbers" for a goddamned second. Not only is a) reversing MP purchases allowed now, so the fuss would have been minimal at best, but b) it shows how little market research was done in their "market research."

Also, Zero blatantly states that items to put it into Flynn's plunder is going to continue (at minimum, "over the course of this month and next" ), which ignores the fact that the outcry was about this very behavior to begin with. It's manipulative, and there's no transparency over what items were bought for what price, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Honestly, I'd like a list of everything that mule (and any others) bought, with the prices paid listed in comparison to whatever the MP average was, and a clear line of communication to the sellers confirming that they are fine with the gold source for the purchase. Not that Gaia will ever do that, that would require them to be completely honest about something.

Agreed. They wrote up what to say and ordered him to type it out and lock the thread. It seems they are ordering the mods to stomp out any form of dissent. Now I wonder how long it will be before this thread is locked.
Obersturmbannfuehrer Chii
I have a tissue
She said to take it to PMs because the topic of this being the only thing this account has ever done brings on skepticism that it was done legitimately out of concern. Freedom of Speach also only covers you saying stuff about the US government, not about saying stuff about a private institution.

I have to agree with her... This is baiting more problems if that account was just registered to post this. The veil of anonymity does lead me to wonder why on earth it needs to be brought up again.

And, yes, I am a mule, but I have my reasons for hiding and they seem a lot more virtuous than confronting staff about something that has been drug out more than a parachute.

She was nice enough to come here and say publically what was going through her mind as a Mod who is here for forum health. If that can't be respected then the thread shouldn't be here.

The way it's being handled by users is becoming no better than what the staff did.

First off, I think that if you're going to put your thoughts in public, as Xya did, you invite responses of all kinds. That should be expected and accounted for the moment you click "Submit" on the post screen. Is the hate necessary? No, certainly not, but it all boils down to the fact that people are angry, and the events surrounding this controversy have only served to get people more angry.

I've always said that on any side of a debate, argument, or controversy you'll always have s**t heads on either side. However, the reason why I take the side of the users is that a Staff response was given...and then any and all discussion about the responses was stonewalled. In a public forum where discussion and feedback about Gaia SHOULD be.

I understand where you're coming from, but again, tact is needed. Closing down a thread after giving a response and calling the issue "resolved" is anything but tact.

Last I knew you were welcome to respond but it wasn't anyone's problem than the one she was talking to.

At the same time, the OP's "delivery", as what Xya called it, is just as tactless. Hiding behind a mule to blubber all over the forums about stuff that just doesn't matter just stirs the pot.

It's funny how Xya's getting the fire when no one has given a damn about the fact that it's not being handled right by anyone- she's the only one who has told it how it is, here. It just shows that whomever owns the OP didn't think this all the way through, either.

Anger is never a good reason for anything- it's become an eye for an eye, and that's repulsive.

I can't blame people for being angry, but if someone posts on a public forum then it "invites replies of all kinds", including a Mod whom seems to be saying, "We know what you're doing."

Shirtless Fairy

Spacebabie76
Jayce Reinhardt
Exaggerated Rebellion

Agreed. They wrote up what to say and ordered him to type it out and lock the thread. It seems they are ordering the mods to stomp out any form of dissent. Now I wonder how long it will be before this thread is locked.

Probably soon, seeing as everyone's talking about Xya and arguing about mules rather than the OP.

I kind of wish this message had been delivered by the Admin account or by the actual employee who bought the damned ticket, rather than through Zero. They've made the guy into a scapegoat, and it's ******** atrocious.

Anxious Garbage

I am pretty upset that the whole issue was just closed out. I want to know wtf is with the Artist having that halo, why stay overbought and pumped gold into the economy for Flynns and then LIED about it, and I'm pissed off because since a mule posted this thread, it's obviously trolling?

What the actual ********, Mods.
IDS Wheatley
I am pretty upset that the whole issue was just closed out. I want to know wtf is with the Artist having that halo, why stay overbought and pumped gold into the economy for Flynns and then LIED about it, and I'm pissed off because since a mule posted this thread, it's obviously trolling?

I would, too. What merit does this actually have?

King Noob

Exaggerated Rebellion

However, I do not believe "oh, we were tired and misread the numbers" for a goddamned second.

This. This is what bothers me. How the hell do you accidently purchase something for that much? The marketplace has commas in between every three zeroes. This isn't some complex rocket science just simple counting.

I call bullshit.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
TasteChaos
Ugh I always hate it when staff thinks an issue is over and done with by telling the users to go to usertalk@gaia blablabla. I have never heard of anyone getting a response from that e-mail. I certainly haven't. Closing the thread and referring to the e-mail address is basically saying "We have decided to pretend this has never happened and never speak of it again."

THIS. Ugh... Gaia shouldn't be taking onsite matters offsite to email. It feels as though Gaia wants to lure people to the metaphorical "dead end" in communication they call the user talk email.

Anyways, I don't feel Zero Omega's post was that useful. I really wish upper management were stronger when it came to communication skills. I felt some of what ZO said was contradictory, ambiguous, or scarce in information regarding the issue at hand. Then again, ZO has lied in the past so it's kind of hard to take information that was given without being a little skeptical of if it's the truth. I don't know if I believe their excuse for not addressing the issue sooner to be honest.

Anxious Garbage

I have a tissue
IDS Wheatley

I want actual answers, not more lies and redirectings.
IDS Wheatley
I have a tissue
IDS Wheatley

I want actual answers, not more lies and redirectings.

What purpose would it serve?

Gaia is in a predicament where nothing is going to satisfy those who feel "wronged", here.

Dangerous Perfectionist

9,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Can I just say the "there-there" pat on the head attitude from those "on high" makes me sick? I hang out in communities where people actually know how to moderate/administrate, and the difference in community morale is astronomical. I suppose it helps that everyone there behave like the adults they are instead of offended school children.

Also, ^_^ is forever ruined to me now, as it has clearly become a passive aggressive way to tell people to ******** off .

Carry on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces