Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you noticed this?

Yes, it's a pain. 0.45994065281899 46.0% [ 155 ]
Yes, but it doesn't bother me. 0.12462908011869 12.5% [ 42 ]
No, I don't edit my profile enough to notice. 0.091988130563798 9.2% [ 31 ]
No, I don't use any of those panels, or I place them below everything. 0.053412462908012 5.3% [ 18 ]
No, I use a Classic profile, but I can sympathize. 0.10385756676558 10.4% [ 35 ]
Gold? Where? 0.16617210682493 16.6% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 337 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 56 57 58 > >>

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
HyruleanHero
Mindset
You can actually edit your custom CSS so that the "edit mode" panels are the right height for arrangement purposes. It's not the same thing, quite, but is definitely faster than waiting for the devs...

Eh, I barely understand CSS as it is, I don't want to go through all that just to get an idea of where everything will appear when I go to View mode.

mm what does CSS stand for?
have no idea.

Designing your own Gaia profile is very difficult to accomplish.
first, you have to find out what the heck is CSS then you have to learn the basics, have to spend hours and hours to understand it just to create a single profile.

paying for one or going to tektek for a free one? NO

id like to design my own profile without having to learn CSS coding or whatever.
if Gaia gave us the proper tools we could do it and in the process enjoying it and having fun.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
yerlak
HyruleanHero
Mindset
You can actually edit your custom CSS so that the "edit mode" panels are the right height for arrangement purposes. It's not the same thing, quite, but is definitely faster than waiting for the devs...

Eh, I barely understand CSS as it is, I don't want to go through all that just to get an idea of where everything will appear when I go to View mode.

have no idea.

first, you have to find out what the heck is CSS then you have to learn the basics, have to spend hours and hours to understand it just to create a single profile.

id like to design my own profile without having to learn CSS coding or whatever.
if Gaia gave us the proper tools we could do it and in the process enjoying it and having fun.

All I know is the SS means Sheet Style, or something like that, but otherwise, that's exactly how I feel. Thank you for the support.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
I've started playing with Current profiles because I just don't know CSS and any attempt at learning it confused the hell out of me.

Gotta agree, it's pretty annoying that media panels collapse in Edit mode. I have to be careful about what background I use so that it won't repeat when I'm in View mode.

Devoted Cutesmasher

13,850 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Clambake 200
HyruleanHero
yerlak
HyruleanHero
Mindset

have no idea.

All I know is the SS means Sheet Style, or something like that, but otherwise, that's exactly how I feel. Thank you for the support.

It's Cascading Style Sheets. I admit, if I could at least wrap my head around the stuff, I'd be willing to try what Mindset described. It's getting a handle on CSS in the first place where I run into a wall, so to speak.
User Image

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
Awesome McGee
I've started playing with Current profiles because I just don't know CSS and any attempt at learning it confused the hell out of me.

Gotta agree, it's pretty annoying that media panels collapse in Edit mode. I have to be careful about what background I use so that it won't repeat when I'm in View mode.

Yeah, it is pretty confusing. I'm pretty adept at learning technical things shortly after being instructed in-depth about them, but I still have to rely on a guide to make any new coding.

Thanks for the support. I understand what you mean. It's really confusing with how different it can appear when going to View the profile.

Shishioh Tai
HyruleanHero
yerlak
HyruleanHero
Mindset

have no idea.

It's Cascading Style Sheets. I admit, if I could at least wrap my head around the stuff, I'd be willing to try what Mindset described. It's getting a handle on CSS in the first place where I run into a wall, so to speak.
User Image

Ah, yeah, I knew I was close. Well, I've managed a basic understanding of it, but even then, I'm still relying on the guide when adding new or different codes. Thanks for the support though.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points