Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you noticed this?

Yes, it's a pain. 0.45994065281899 46.0% [ 155 ]
Yes, but it doesn't bother me. 0.12462908011869 12.5% [ 42 ]
No, I don't edit my profile enough to notice. 0.091988130563798 9.2% [ 31 ]
No, I don't use any of those panels, or I place them below everything. 0.053412462908012 5.3% [ 18 ]
No, I use a Classic profile, but I can sympathize. 0.10385756676558 10.4% [ 35 ]
Gold? Where? 0.16617210682493 16.6% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 337 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 56 57 58 > >>

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
I've noticed for the longest time that all the Flash-based panels actually shrink in size when in Edit mode on a Current-type profile. The panels that do that are Car, any Media, House, Aquarium and possibly others that I don't use. The main problem with that is when you have one of them above normal panels, it makes it hard to know where everything below it will appear when you go to View mode. This makes it really hard when you want to place an image at a strategic point on your profile, that happens to be below the Flash-based panel. Basically, my thought it that since there's some reason Flash needs to be hidden in Edit mode, then it can't be too much to ask for there to be a temporary border around the shrunken panels that emulates the actual size.

If, for some reason, it's not obvious enough, please feel free to express your opinion of this idea, unless you're going to give me a workaround. I know all about CSS, but not everyone does, or should have to, in order to edit their profiles. Profiles should be as user-friendly as possible, and I believe this would help.

If that's confusing, or too long to read, I'll try to explain with images, all of which are viewed at the same scale:
Edit mode:
User Image
View mode (three images just to show the difference, aligned as close as possible):
User Image
User Image
User Image
Here is a concept image I created, since many users still seem confused by what I'm trying to suggest:
User Image
Mind you, Gaia would most likely make it somewhat different than this. This is merely an example of what I had in mind.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
You can actually edit your custom CSS so that the "edit mode" panels are the right height for arrangement purposes. It's not the same thing, quite, but is definitely faster than waiting for the devs...

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
Mindset
You can actually edit your custom CSS so that the "edit mode" panels are the right height for arrangement purposes. It's not the same thing, quite, but is definitely faster than waiting for the devs...

Eh, I barely understand CSS as it is, I don't want to go through all that just to get an idea of where everything will appear when I go to View mode.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
bump

Also, not everyone even knows about CSS, or how to find out about it.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
bump

Seriously, no one has any input?

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
bump

Two days, and only one response?

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
bump

It's good to see people vote in the poll, but I would like some more feedback.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Thanks Duke Von Schnozz for the sprites
User Image

~
I support.

Its because of this that I try to put the things that arnt that overly important below the flash stuff... or I just stick them all to one side. I would love to know though where the boxes end so I can change things around more.
~
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas