Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you had this same problem?

yes =A= 0.54545454545455 54.5% [ 6 ]
nope 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

So, recently I quit one of the group roleplays I was a member of and the people that set up the rp didn't like that I called them out on a few things. They deleted my posts and ignored/blocked me.

No skin off my back, but I seem to still be receiving notifications of the two threads (in character and out of character) when they get new posts. I originally tried to go to "My Subscribed Threads" to just unsubscribe there, but obviously the threads don't show up any more.

I tried messaging several forum assistants and site moderators about the issue to see if there was anything they could do about it. I learned that I'm not the only person to have had this problem, but that there isn't really anything that can be done.

Maybe you, Gaia, could change the system so that threads are removed from subscriptions when people are placed on ignore from either side? It seems like a silly little oversight but it gets annoying quick, always seeing notifications for something I'm ready to just forget about.

Perfect Saint

Still time for you to suggest this at today's AtS. AtS

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Is there anyone in that roleplay that you know? Maybe you can ask them to ask the RP creators to take you off block for a second so you could unsubscribe from the IC and OOC threads. Make sure to bring up that you keep receiving notifications from those threads and that you don't want to receive them anymore, yet the block is making it hard for you to unsubscribe.

But anyway, yes, I would love for threads to be automatically removed from our subscriptions if we end up getting blocked. I have 2 blocked topics in my subscription, and the red text is annoying to see. It's been there for a long while now, and I'm not sure if it's due to me forgetting to unsubscribe from a thread in an old event forum that doesn't even exist anymore.
Sakura Latte
Is there anyone in that roleplay that you know? Maybe you can ask them to ask the RP creators to take you off block for a second so you could unsubscribe from the IC and OOC threads. Make sure to bring up that you keep receiving notifications from those threads and that you don't want to receive them anymore, yet the block is making it hard for you to unsubscribe.

But anyway, yes, I would love for threads to be automatically removed from our subscriptions if we end up getting blocked. I have 2 blocked topics in my subscription, and the red text is annoying to see. It's been there for a long while now, and I'm not sure if it's due to me forgetting to unsubscribe from a thread in an old event forum that doesn't even exist anymore.

Ha ha ha... I do know other people, but the RP mods are kinda vindictive. And they're pissed I called them out on things they were doing wrong. I very highly doubt they would do anything but laugh at me for not being able to stop getting notifications from them. sweatdrop
Myrielle

The AtS seems to be closed already or I would definitely consider doing that.

Perfect Saint

dhampir_princess
Myrielle

Was still open when I posted. Just had 3 minutes to spare though. Or 6 according to Jak's last post, but staff was still answering a few minutes after.

Next week, then?
Myrielle

Next week, then?

If there's not some kind of resolution before then, for sure! 3nodding

Perfect Saint

dhampir_princess
Myrielle
dhampir_princess
Myrielle

Was still open when I posted. Just had 3 minutes to spare though. Or 6 according to Jak's last post, but staff was still answering a few minutes after.

Next week, then?

If there's not some kind of resolution before then, for sure!
Hope so! I did hear from some mods that devs have to fix the code or something because they, themselves, do not have the power to fix that issue for users.

Demonic Bibliophile

Even though I don't believe in the Ats asking for an improved ignore system wouldn't hurt. I wish we could also not have to see the names of the people we ignore. I find some of the names really gross on here and a lot of the people who have gross names tend to be trolls so I've been wondering if I shouldn't suggest names being on block/ignore too.

But sorry for the notifications, I've had that happened before because people would quote my name replying to others who quoted what we were arguing about.

Captcha: I love deadlines sounds so ironic for Gaia....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff