8,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Person of Interest 200
wonderfulspeedboy
every i tem thats is very expensive like 1mill and up should be around 100k

Off topic :/

Friendly Lunatic

Finally! Now I can move on in peace without my personal stalker trying to use any info he can against me. **sigh of relief**

I must say, this is the only site update that I actually like. It's kind of like Facebook's block system now.

Also, in the past, I suggested in the Feedback forum that a user who you are ignoring cannot view your profile, even if it's public.

Hot Vampire

12,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Helping! <3 Tips please!

Dapper Lunatic

I think there is one major issue with this ignore list update, and that is the bright red
"Topics blocked: 1"
at the bottom of the page when someone on your blocked list posts a topic or someone who has blocked you posts a topic.
If this could just be fixed, this update would be absolutely perfect.

Dangerous Visionary

awesome that's for all the hard work. Totally digging the whole no more notices from people who I have ignored.

Buggy Reveler

That glaring "topics blocked" shouldn't be there. I highly dislike seeing that someone has me on ignore, especially since they have no legitimate reason to do so, anyway. It just gives me a stomach ache to know people are being jerks to me and I've never even done anything to them. ='[ I would feel so much better if I didn't know I was being ignored and could just in turn go on with my little world.

Majikina's Wife

Green Darling

Valansi
That glaring "topics blocked" shouldn't be there. I highly dislike seeing that someone has me on ignore, especially since they have no legitimate reason to do so, anyway. It just gives me a stomach ache to know people are being jerks to me and I've never even done anything to them. ='[ I would feel so much better if I didn't know I was being ignored and could just in turn go on with my little world.
I have to agree with you on this one. I honestly felt a little sick to my stomach at first from noticing the dreaded Topics Blocked thing at the bottom of forum pages I go to. I don't have anything against people blocking me, it's just that I don't need a constant reminder that someone is possibly blocking me every time I sift through threads. ^^;
This is awesome. Rockin'.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
Finally! Thank you!

Now I can comfortably ignore someone - knowing I can't still be harassed.

Shadowy Carnivore

I have a question. Can they still find you in the search bar by searching your username?

Dangerous Visionary

While it doesn't make me sick yeah I agree about the "Topic block" part.

oOLeanOo's Husband

Playful Vampire

14,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Waffles! 25
NiChangelo
Valansi
I have to agree with you on this one. I honestly felt a little sick to my stomach at first from noticing the dreaded Topics Blocked thing at the bottom of forum pages I go to. I don't have anything against people blocking me, it's just that I don't need a constant reminder that someone is possibly blocking me every time I sift through threads. ^^;

I think the "topics blocked" notice doesn't make sense. Some people may even feel harrassed by that notice as a reminder there is someone who doesn't like them, others may react curious and try to find out who blocked them and why.

But on the other hand we shouldn't feel bad about people blocking us without reason. It's not always the blocked people who did something wrong. There is one person who blocked me for this:

Aldo Simoncini
Quote:
Aldo Simoncini
I wouldn't fill a harrassment form ._. are you crazy?, it is spam and I would report it as such, not on SF because of the rules:

"Whilst "I agree", "Quoted For Emphasis (QFE)" and "Quoted For Truth (QFT)" posts which support another user's comment with only the bare minimum of additional content are permitted in Site Feedback, they are not encouraged. Please try to take a few seconds and include your own thoughts and ideas when contributing to this forum, as repeatedly posting in this manner may be viewed as spamming."
Source

But I would do so in the GCD, my home forum, again, the rules:

"Spamming
Nonsensical posts with no discussion value, posts not related to the topic at hand and excessive bumping are considered spam and only permitted in the Chatterbox.

Low-content posts like "tl;dr", picture responses and one word replies do not contribute to discussion, so we encourage you to expand on your points where possible. Please also remember that submitting reports is much more useful to us than posting "wrong forum"!"
Source

That's what I meant. I'm not doing anything new, I report low content/spam posts in the GCD all the time, I've done so for years because it is against the rules and I like to keep my home forum neat and tidy, you are welcomed to disagree with it though.

Thanks for making your point clear. It wouldn't have made sense for me for the SF, but I see and understand your point for the GCD and some other forums. 3nodding

After realizing that person blocked me, I really had to laugh, because it's very mature to block someone for nothing. lol
dancinginthe_rain
I think there is one major issue with this ignore list update, and that is the bright red
at the bottom of the page when someone on your blocked list posts a topic or someone who has blocked you posts a topic.

They only did that because people were complaining you could not see a blocked users threads, so Gaia decided to put that feature there instead. I personally wouldn't like to see blocked users seeing my thread, but I found that Topic's Blocked painful to look at. I hate it when someone blocks me for a stupid reason and now I have to see a bright red sentence.
IMO, I honestly think it just reminds me of a topic I'm not missing out on. emotion_awesome

Scurvy Pirate

Hayes28
dancinginthe_rain

They only did that because people were complaining you could not see a blocked users threads, so Gaia decided to put that feature there instead. I personally wouldn't like to see blocked users seeing my thread, but I found that Topic's Blocked painful to look at. I hate it when someone blocks me for a stupid reason and now I have to see a bright red sentence.
IMO, I honestly think it just reminds me of a topic I'm not missing out on. emotion_awesome

We didn't actually add this feature for Ignored threads. The "Topics Blocked:" appears any time there's a thread that you don't have permission to view for any reason, not just being ignored. It existed prior to this (mostly seen in the Subscribed Threads) area and wasn't altered for the Ignore changes. It's not likely we'll change its functionality either.
Uncle Kenny
Hayes28
dancinginthe_rain

We didn't actually add this feature for Ignored threads. The "Topics Blocked:" appears any time there's a thread that you don't have permission to view for any reason, not just being ignored. It existed prior to this (mostly seen in the Subscribed Threads) area and wasn't altered for the Ignore changes. It's not likely we'll change its functionality either.

It does kind of irk some people, 'doughz. Maybe you can change the color of it someday? to like, dark blue or something. I wouldn't mind looking at Dark Blue. BD
Also Kenny, you have 3232 valentines gifts. XDD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces