Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Glitch

Babd
Uncle Kenny

• Existing posts by you will be hidden for them in threads and existing posts by them will be hidden for you in threads
  • Existing posts by you will be hidden for them when they create a new post in a thread and existing posts by them will be hidden for you when you create a new post in a thread

The idea of hiding thread posts seems kind of silly, to me. I understand removing the ability to quote someone, directly, thereby preventing continued trolling/harassment, but within the context of conversation it seems necessary, to me, to be able to read what everyone is saying. (Granted, I am speaking mostly from experience in the Musician's Forum, wherein the small size of the community means there are far fewer people expressing opinions, which can greatly impact the movement of a conversation.) If you are ignoring someone, then you are unlikely to quote them, in the first place, and I understand the other restrictions will prevent them from quoting you, as well.

Could you please give further details regarding the benefits of hiding all posts, current and future, from view? So far, I agree with Red Kutai, in that it is just as easy to log out to read someone's post, and log back in to respond (even without quoting privileges), so this seems like an unnecessary string of programming.

Quote:
  • A notification is not sent to them if you quote them and a notification is not sent to you if they quote you

Furthermore, this seems like a redundancy, given that hiding thread posts would prevent the ignored/ing parties from seeing the posts in question. Are we assuming someone specifically typed out the basic code in order to draw attention from the ignoring party?

Someone can manually quote someone. If they wanted to, they could spam someone's notification system.

Asakura Yukino's Husband

Malevolent Pyromaniac

22,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
So far, I haven't used the Ignore feature, but I'm glad it's being updated. ^^
ngaurhoth1

Someone can manually quote someone. If they wanted to, they could spam someone's notification system.

So that is the reason for disabling the the notification feature?

Benevolent Codger

Babd
Furthermore, this seems like a redundancy, given that hiding thread posts would prevent the ignored/ing parties from seeing the posts in question. Are we assuming someone specifically typed out the basic code in order to draw attention from the ignoring party?

That's precisely what they're referring to, and it happens more often than you might think - some do it intentionally as a form of harassment unto itself (one which the target can't report, since they can't see the post in question anyway), while other times it happens inadvertently when a user is just legitimately quoting a post they've read. In either case, it's a bit of a nuissance to receive notifications for something you've intentionally hidden, and that's been a much-requested change... 3nodding

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

Thank gods at last! Haters cannot lurk me anymore cannot hound me anymore and will now finally truly be dead news! Thankyou admins thankyou! <3

Sarcastic Shapeshifter

12,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fantastic, I like it! Ignoring someone should entail completely ignoring them!

Beloved Codger

15,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
the only thing i question is the giving and recieving of gifts... gifting is a good way of an apology and can be controlled by the options menu if you truely do not want gifts. even if someone wants to give a person cheap gifts, they can be turned around for a profit and the reciever doesnt have to show any acknowledgement of the gift reciept if they so choose.... i am not the type of person who begs for items from others, in fact i shy away from it, but i do think that this part of the change may be something that could be modified? possibly so that it would be optional to recieve gifts from the ignored person(s)? i am all for mending fences, and a simple gift might be the start of that mending. just saying...

Lonely Phantom

Brazekool
Rise of Kalas
Brazekool
Rise of Kalas
let us put a comment next to the ignored so we know why we ignored them in the first place so we can remember if we forget.
Oh mate, I tried to get this done for the friends-list ages ago too, so you could write something short about how and when you met. Most of the responses were people just being assholes, and basically just wondering why I don't just type my own list for my own reference.

So maybe, each time you ignore someone you could open up your ignore list text file on your computer and write exactly what it was that they did, list quotes, etc.
Some people can be real dicks for no good reason. Just because they won't use the feature doesn't mean others won't use it. It would be a nice feature for the friends list for when your friend changes their darn gaia name. ESPECIALLY if you've been off for a few days or their status doesn't say they changed their name. I tend to have nicknames for my friends so it'd be nice to put that next to their gaia name. So when they do change their name, there will be something next to the new name to let me know that it is them. I can't do something like this with my own personal Document/Journal Entry/Saved PM. So next time you get the chance, bring it up again with this defense to anyone that says it's a dumb/stupid idea. It won't stop the people that are just trying to be mean. but it will stop the sensible people from calling you an idiot.
More inspiring words have never been spoken.
We should make a proper petition some day, for both friends/ignore sides of it to have text-boxes next to their names on the list that you can edit. Like, it's not hard right, to add a column of text-boxes.
And it also isn't as simple as looking at their profile. Some people even have their profile private from friends.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Glad this happend.

Handsome Exhibitionist

16,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • 50 Wins 150
Finally,YES
ty for the info~ 3nodding

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I've been waiting for this for the longest times. Now if a certain someone whom I have blacklisted would stop badmouthing me in threads, things will move smoothly.

Beloved Exhibitionist

18,375 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
ty for the info, Devs.
We all appreciate the news :]

Mega Fatcat

Ooh, woop woop blaugh

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
How wonderful this is being updated finally!

Familiar Hoarder

Irska
User Image
I just wish people not logged in couldn't view my post history now. :/
Or have it so you can have it as completely off, friends only or on for anyone.
Considering the people on your ignore list could just make new accounts, go offline to stalk your s**t, etc.

You are still part of a public forum. Which means public posts. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces