• Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Mage Ragepunk
This is ******** beautiful. I love you guys for this. <3

I guess this means you won't see anything I do now. :C
Cuz i know i'm on your ignore list.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I dislike that if someone has me on ignore, I can't even LOOK at their posts. That just seems so first grade to me and it seems like it has the possibility of disrupting discussions. If I'm discussing something in a thread and someone who has me on ignore comes in and replies to a person I'm talking to---and that person responds without quoting the person I suddenly can't see because they have me on ignore. It seems like it's going to cause confusions because I'm not going to know who (or what) they're responding to. I'm going to have to log out so I can view all the posts, just so I can follow the thread of the conversation. That seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

Overall, I doubt this will affect me much but I've always felt the ignore feature should focus on interaction--not just LOOKING at someone. There are lots of reasons I might want or need to look at the posts of someone who has me on ignore and now, to do that, I have to log out.

Annoying.

Overall, I suppose it's not too bad and I do think many of these changes have been needed for a long while. But I do dislike the aspect that may impact forum interactions and discussions because that seems like it could be frustrating. 8(

Wind-up Waffles

The Solarised Night
What about the preview window of previous posts shown when you hit the reply button? That shows all previous posts, including ignore listed ones.

I've had that issue in the past too. But if I'm not mistaken, that problem is covered here:

Quote:
  • Existing posts by you will be hidden for them when they create a new post in a thread and existing posts by them will be hidden for you when you create a new post in a thread

It's near the bottom of the Forums list.

CherryRo's Waifu

Cuddly Lunatic

This is great, I am so excited that you guys have gotten to this one. =3

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Melomar
The Solarised Night
What about the preview window of previous posts shown when you hit the reply button? That shows all previous posts, including ignore listed ones.

I've had that issue in the past too. But if I'm not mistaken, that problem is covered here:

Quote:
  • Existing posts by you will be hidden for them when they create a new post in a thread and existing posts by them will be hidden for you when you create a new post in a thread

It's near the bottom of the Forums list.

Oh thanks. That point wasn't clear that it referred to the preview window. My hopes have been confirmed. This is an excellent idea. I am so sick of the stalking and harrassment.

Questionable Sweetheart

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
I haven't really needed to use the Ignore function, but I heard a few complaints about it from other users in the past... seems like this update should help things. Of course someone's going to find a loophole if they're searching, but hopefully you can deal with that when the time comes. Based on the corrections you're making to the old system, it seems like this is a really good place to start.

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Petite Aristocrat
Any plans to make the ignore list bigger? I noticed the cut off is 500... I... I ... need more slots than that for ignores.
Haha, why do you need to ignore so many people?

Wind-up Waffles

The Solarised Night
Oh thanks. That point wasn't clear that it referred to the preview window. My hopes have been confirmed. This is an excellent idea. I am so sick of the stalking and harrassment.

I had to re-read it myself. I think people who dislike each other should be able to enjoy the same threads. But if you're so angry with them that you can't stand to even see them, or if they're stalking you, you aren't going to want to post. This is going to make people happier I think. smile
Grateful for the updates
Thank you! This is awesome news!!!!

Skilled Genius

Gemiinii
Site Feedback Rules and Guidelines
Creating threads that bar other members from posting; example: "If you don't like my idea you can GTFO", will result in your thread or post being removed from the forum.

This also applies to using the ignore feature to block people that disagree yes? I thought it was an official SF/discussion forum rule, but could not find it specifically listed in the R&G. If I just missed it, awesome, if not, can this be made an official part of the rules? I think that abuse of the ignore system in discussion forms and SF specifically should be a reportable offense if it isn't so already. But, overall, I'm glad to see that things on the To-Do list (which must still be a mile long) getting worked on. Thanks guys.
Being able to report somebody for ignore listing them would be self-defeating. As you could not like somebody have a thread, ignore list them and then they could say you're ignoring them from being able to post in your thread. This would get you in trouble, even if that wasn't the case.
You should view this, it's by an ex-moderator
Quote:
You can add anyone to your ignore list for any reason you wish, this list is your own personal blacklist of any and everyone you don't want to deal with. There is no such thing as ignore button abuse.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17666273

Wind-up Waffles

Kiarra-Chan
Melomar

I kind of run the monetary issues in the guild. ^^;;;

Ah, I see. That puts you in a difficult situation. Perhaps... ask that if people enter their friends, to make sure that they would actually want to win? That might avoid some unnecessarily awkward moments.

Fashionable Gaian

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!!!

God, finally Gaia, wonderful news emotion_kirakira

Shameless Lunatic

These are changes that a lot of people have been waiting for. Too bad I never use the ignore feature.

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
How about fixing the stupid "over 500 friends" glitch?

The over 500 friends rule was removed a LONG, LONG time ago, and yet we are still recieving "You have over 500 friends so you cant add this person" etc etc, messages SITE WIDE. (that means EVERYWHERE)

Can we get this fixed please? This should have been done a long time ago. It's starting to piss me off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff