Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold reporter

Good Idea 0.41964285714286 42.0% [ 47 ]
Bad Idea 0.58035714285714 58.0% [ 65 ]
Total Votes:[ 112 ]
1 2 >

I would like to see some sort of code you can insert when typing a post that will display your current gold whenever it is read. That way, when people are questing and want to report how much gold they have collected so far (or when it's in their signature) they don't have to keep coming back and editing it.
Good idea, but please don't bump until you're off of the first page.

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I wouldn't want to let everyone know my gold. I mean, that's just like saying "nows a great time" to hackers, scammers, and beggers.
I wouldn't want anyone to know how much gold I have unless I tell them.
Yes, people, it obviously will be non-optional.

xp That was funny. But yeah, it would give hackers more targets. Which, seems useless to me anyways, no one can guess your password unless you make it an obvious one, so why should we worry?

I think counters for quests aren't that big of a deal though. If you put effort into your quest thread, you can update it every day you log on. That would be plenty.

Enduring Pitcher

The last thing I want is a donatee seing my gold and asking for more than I give. Or n00bs begging because "I have enough to spare" or the like.
Besides, putting it in your quest thread is enough. People who are actually interested will visit the thread to check it out, no?
NinjaViking
I wouldn't want to let everyone know my gold. I mean, that's just like saying "nows a great time" to hackers, scammers, and beggers.
agreed

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
A lot of people might not post their gold in its entirety, even for quests - instead, they might post only the amount they are considering as going towards the quest item. That would make the counter defunct, too.

It's a nice idea ^^ I'm just not sure it would have much of a practical application.

EDIT: Also, if people would be kind enough to actually READ the first post, you'd see the thread author is suggesting FORUM POST CODE to insert in posts. OPTIONAL. And not something that can be accessed by any old Joe.
Well obviously, it would be optional. I mean, I put my gold count in my quests; it lets people know that they actually helped you and you weren't just cheating them by taking more than you needed. But you don't have to put it there if you don't want to. And personally, I'm not affraid of hackers because my gold has nothing to do with my password. Let me say again that it would be optional so it would be cool to all of us who would want to use it, but if you don't think its a good idea, just don't use it.

Quotable Genius

I guess it would be an OK idea, as long as it's optional.
I think It would be a great Idea, but it should be optional due to hackers or people who might be out to get you
i think the gaia site should change more into habbo hotel don't u think cheak out www.haboohotel.com and look at how they hang!!!!!!!!!!!!
FashionFever
i think the gaia site should change more into habbo hotel don't u think cheak out www.haboohotel.com and look at how they hang!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its habbo hotel.....and no. Bad idea. You can have your own house on here, and people would just abuse things like they do on habbo. To walk around is comming anyway.

And to your idea, its sorta pointless. Not everyone wishes to show everyone how much they have. More reasons for people "can i hav sum gold!?". Though it could come useful, it would go wrong.
not a very good idea because privacy is important and some people dont want there gold to be shown becauseee they want to keeeep it to there selfs so thats why i dont like ur idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff