Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia has been around for 9 years. they have came out towns rally cards slots and ZOMG... Gaia cane out with an app for the iPhone... i want to see Gaia take a big Jump i would like to propose the idea to make a psvita app and see where it takes Gaia.. maybe make an Zomg app for the Psvita. i know to runs towns you need flash and to run youtube you need flash will i can run youtube on my psvita so it has flash

Romantic Friend

15,475 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
im_your_panda_man
Gaia has been around for 9 years. they have came out towns rally cards slots and ZOMG... Gaia cane out with an app for the iPhone... i want to see Gaia take a big Jump i would like to propose the idea to make a psvita app and see where it takes Gaia.. maybe make an Zomg app for the Psvita. i know to runs towns you need flash and to run youtube you need flash will i can run youtube on my psvita so it has flash
PSVitas have not been selling so well, from what I've heard. Maybe they'll stop making them.

Helpful Gaian

That's well and good, but honestly, it's an insanely limited market. It's not like smartphones or i-products which most people have in this day and age (since that's the way mobile phones are going these days). You're looking at a very limited market of people who own or use a PSvita. And frankly, I'm not sure the cost to develop such an app would be worth the time and effort for a very small group of users to be able to use it.

User Image
Lishee
im_your_panda_man
PSVitas have not been selling so well, from what I've heard. Maybe they'll stop making them.
every one knows better to get the aomething that just came out it will still have bugs but the psvita is doing good who ever told you that dont know what they are talking about...
HauntingEchoes

That's well and good, but honestly, it's an insanely limited market. It's not like smartphones or i-products which most people have in this day and age (since that's the way mobile phones are going these days). You're looking at a very limited market of people who own or use a PSvita. And frankly, I'm not sure the cost to develop such an app would be worth the time and effort for a very small group of users to be able to use it.

User Image
just about the same amount of people who has a disi or a ds3d has a psvita and that about everyone that is a gamer. and that a hole a lot... if they would do it they would have to hook up with Sony.. but if you thing about it it would be a big jump for Gaia

Tiny Shapeshifter

Gaming systems aren't known for its online access, and its status in that area pales in comparison with laptops/iphones/etc. If I were to own both iphone and PSVita, chances are, I'll use the iphone for Gaia. And, since I also own a laptop, I rather use my laptop over apps any day. It's not the worth the trouble, imo.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
im_your_panda_man
HauntingEchoes

User Image
just about the same amount of people who has a disi or a ds3d has a psvita and that about everyone that is a gamer. and that a hole a lot... if they would do it they would have to hook up with Sony. but if you thing about it it would be a big jump for Gaia

Actually no. As of last June the Vita sold 2.2 million units worldwide. As of last August, 7 million 3DS's were sold just in Japan. So yeah, the 3DS has about three times as many units sold. If Gaia were to make an app for handhelds it would make much more sense to make one for 3DS.

That being said, people use handheld gaming systems for, well, gaming. Few people use them to get online regularly, and making such an app would never get enough use to justify the expense of making it.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

I only know one person with a ps vita my friend. Nice try.

Conservative Streaker

Eh, no. I'm a fan of the original PSP, and the PSvita was just fail. I don't even know anyone who owns one around me. It would make more sense to make one for the DS, but even then I don't see the point. You can just use the web browser.
i see that a lot of people don't like the ps vita. but i know a lot of people who has one. and who has a ds we a gamers. we don't care who thinks what about what we play on. the ds does not have flash so there's No point of making at app for it... but i want to see gaia go somewhere i want to see an App for The vita maybe a Zomg app thats Cross-play you can play on your vita and on your laptop hay lets not stop there make it so when the ipad can run flash it got the app to. and uffin the Vita is not a fail. the psp was a little fail but it worked. i can name stuff that was a Fail but im not like that.... P.S. dont kill my hopes

Shirtless Powerhouse

The PSVita is a commercial failure. It's just not worth making an app for it. Comparing the Vita to the iPod or iPhone is just absurd. I'm sorry you think we're somehow 'killing your hopes', but we're just being realistic. There is just no reason to spend money on this.
Ganon Firenight
The PSVita is a commercial failure. It's just not worth making an app for it. Comparing the Vita to the iPod or iPhone is just absurd. I'm sorry you think we're somehow 'killing your hopes', but we're just being realistic. There is just no reason to spend money on this.
when iphone came out it was a fail it head bugs and they are still fixing it when the ps3 cam out it has bugs they are still working on it when the psp cam out it head bugs and now the vita has bugs they will fix it what im trying to get at you will never know in less they try to do it.

Shirtless Powerhouse

im_your_panda_man
Ganon Firenight
when iphone came out it was a fail it head bugs and they are still fixing it when the ps3 cam out it has bugs they are still working on it when the psp cam out it head bugs and now the vita has bugs they will fix it what im trying to get at you will never know in less they try to do it.

It's not about the bugs, it's about the demand. They weren't failures for having bugs; matter of fact, the iPhone was far from a commercial failure when it first came out. I'm talking about how many people are buying them. Simply put, the PSVita is a commercial failure because nobody's buying them. They weren't well advertised, there's no demand for them... honestly, the reason is the 3DS. Nintendo has completely cornered the handheld gaming market. Sony would be better off just accepting it and focusing on getting the PS4 out with a solid starting lineup.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
im_your_panda_man
i see that a lot of people don't like the ps vita. but i know a lot of people who has one. and who has a ds we a gamers. we don't care who thinks what about what we play on. the ds does not have flash so there's No point of making at app for it...

The Vita does not support Flash. The old PSP did, but the Vita does not. You are playing Youtube through HTML5, which is the same way I play them on my Flash-less IPad.
Ganon Firenight
im_your_panda_man
Ganon Firenight

It's not about the bugs, it's about the demand. They weren't failures for having bugs; matter of fact, the iPhone was far from a commercial failure when it first came out. I'm talking about how many people are buying them. Simply put, the PSVita is a commercial failure because nobody's buying them. They weren't well advertised, there's no demand for them... honestly, the reason is the 3DS. Nintendo has completely cornered the handheld gaming market. Sony would be better off just accepting it and focusing on getting the PS4 out with a solid starting lineup.

so not a lot of people are buying the Vita. the vita sold 2.2 million i dont know about you but thats a hole lot of people.out of the 2.2mill people who did get it how many of them know what gaia is. so if there was an app the people did not know what gaia was they will and Zomg is an free mmo + its a vita

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff