Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rya Dracosin
Mortok
Question:

If six people told you that they liked chocolate icecream, and one person told you the other six were lying, who would you believe?

That is not really relevant. Because liking something is an opinion.

However, if you'd like to use the ice cream metaphor...

Seven people work for an ice cream shop. Customers usually talk to the ones in front, who are in charge of selling the product, or providing information about it. They ask questions like "Is my ice cream made with real milk and sugar, or is it processed?" or "I see you have a popular flavor that's pretty well talked about within the community and liked, but you seem to carry less of it than you used to, why is this?". Their questions are met with vague answers that don't provide more information than is absolutely necessary, like "Yes" and "Well, the flavor isn't paying for itself".

To be fair, four out of the seven employees work up front. So when a customer asks to see a manager about the popular flavor, they're met with the same response, lets say the managers are two of the remaining three employees (so we have six out of seven employees just relaying vague responses).

However, the last employee overhears something that is rather incorrect of a response. He steps forward, and makes an annoucement about the popular flavor. How it's popular and actually pays for itself, however, the extra space it takes, the extra time it takes to make it, is hindering on the owner's ability to market other ice cream flavors.

So while flavor after flavor of ice cream gets cranked out that some like, there are still plenty of regulars who prefer JUST the popular flavor, however, if it's always sold out because there's not enough of it being made, it might make them have to change their flavor tastes, or even choose another ice cream shop to begin with.

I really hope that makes sense....

I've been lurking these threads. I don't play Zomg, so I've been trying to piece things together to satisfy my own curiosity.

This explanation worked perfectly for me. :} My brain does well with metaphors.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Theo Altman
Rya Dracosin
Mortok
Question:

If six people told you that they liked chocolate icecream, and one person told you the other six were lying, who would you believe?

That is not really relevant. Because liking something is an opinion.

However, if you'd like to use the ice cream metaphor...

Seven people work for an ice cream shop. Customers usually talk to the ones in front, who are in charge of selling the product, or providing information about it. They ask questions like "Is my ice cream made with real milk and sugar, or is it processed?" or "I see you have a popular flavor that's pretty well talked about within the community and liked, but you seem to carry less of it than you used to, why is this?". Their questions are met with vague answers that don't provide more information than is absolutely necessary, like "Yes" and "Well, the flavor isn't paying for itself".

To be fair, four out of the seven employees work up front. So when a customer asks to see a manager about the popular flavor, they're met with the same response, lets say the managers are two of the remaining three employees (so we have six out of seven employees just relaying vague responses).

However, the last employee overhears something that is rather incorrect of a response. He steps forward, and makes an annoucement about the popular flavor. How it's popular and actually pays for itself, however, the extra space it takes, the extra time it takes to make it, is hindering on the owner's ability to market other ice cream flavors.

So while flavor after flavor of ice cream gets cranked out that some like, there are still plenty of regulars who prefer JUST the popular flavor, however, if it's always sold out because there's not enough of it being made, it might make them have to change their flavor tastes, or even choose another ice cream shop to begin with.

I really hope that makes sense....

I've been lurking these threads. I don't play Zomg, so I've been trying to piece things together to satisfy my own curiosity.

This explanation worked perfectly for me. :} My brain does well with metaphors.

I'm usually a metophoraholic. I love alternate ways to explain something that's otherwise complex.

I was with zomg from the very beginning. I've been lax in the past year or so, due to bad computer and other troubles, but now that I feel i'm back on track for the most part, I'm rather saddened by all this.

I hope your curiosity gets satisfied. emotion_brofist
Yeah. My computer can't handle zomg. So, I haven't been playing it.

But when stuff happens like this on a site I used to donate money to monthly because I actually wanted the site to flourish, it bothers me.

I didn't care so much about the item as supporting something I enjoyed so much on a daily basis. :{

I feel bad for all the zomg users who love the game.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Theo Altman
Yeah. My computer can't handle zomg. So, I haven't been playing it.

But when stuff happens like this on a site I used to donate money to monthly because I actually wanted the site to flourish, it bothers me.

I didn't care so much about the item as supporting something I enjoyed so much on a daily basis. :{

I feel bad for all the zomg users who love the game.

It's a fun game when you have a computer/connection that works. I purchase things, either in the cash shop or the MP, that have been used to support Gaia. There are hidden supporters, those who buy cash shop items in the Market place. It helps keep the prices at such a rate that people will spend more Gaia Cash to make a gold profit, so there ya go. I'd buy items from the cash shop to try and show my support, especially when i didn't have any actual money.

*shakes head* However, in light of all this, it drives a further question that goes beyond zomg at this point. How many other vague truths or un-truths have been told to us? How much has been said to appease us that we don't even know? We can't do fact checking, because we only rely on what is said by the developers/staff/admin/whoever. This is such a further issue...I don't even know anymore....

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I'm the liver emotion_awesome

It's not just zOMG. It's the way Gaia has been behaving for the last few years. The death of EIs, RIGs, REIs; a new bundle every week; a shift in focus to Facebook. What happened to the promise of site integration, the community focus? Why is Alchemy a festering open wound and why does it seem like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing over at Gaia HQ?

So many questions... emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces