Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
It's the complete and honest truth. Had I known that you, Gaia, a site I've trusted for so long and believed in for years was blatantly deceiving their users, falsifying information and covering up truths to entire communities, like the dedicated users who religiously tried to support your "failing" MMO, zomg, I'd be regretting it.

What's absolutely sickening to me; what literally turns my stomach and makes me sick right now is the fact that you not only lies to users' faces on this, but you make a Dev Alert to bring people together in an ATA; what's supposed to be a time when users can hope for completely honest answers from your staff, in the one time out of the week you guys actually try to attempt some form of communication with everyone, you guys not only leave out the Dev with the honest answers about the state zomg and how its been mis-managed by you guys since day 1, but you lie to everyone about it.

And I'm baffled; why? Why would you do this to people who've been supporting you, trusting you, giving you the benefit of the doubt for so long? Why, for the love of god, can't you just be honest with us? Is it to spare our feelings? Because if so, then we don't need to be sheltered by you, if that lie only grows bigger and nastier with time; causing you to hurt and lie to more and more people. We're all adults; we can handle the truth, as unpleasant as it is, sometimes.

You're 9 years old, and a company; a company that, without the trust and support of your users, would leave you only as a hollow shell. We, the users, are your backbone, Gaia; as well as your heart and soul. You may be the brains of the operation, but a brain can't function without other vital organs working in unison to support it and keep the entire body alive.

It hurts me deeply; very deeply, that you've lied to everyone; the zomg community, and probably countless others. And in that case, if you'll continue to do so, why host ATA at all? What would that achieve if you're feeding us all lies? What should we believe from you, anymore, Gaia?

It saddens me that this site, that I love has become so ugly as to outright deceive their loyal userbase that supports them, and I'm glad that a dev finally had the cajhones step up and call you out on it; even at the risk of losing his job. Thank you, Swarf.

Start telling the whole truth, and nothing, but the truth, Gaia. You owe it to us.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Question:

If six people told you that they liked chocolate icecream, and one person told you the other six were lying, who would you believe?

Confident Genius

Mortok
Question:

If six people told you that they liked chocolate icecream, and one person told you the other six were lying, who would you believe?
Do the six people work for the brand of chocolate ice cream they are saying they like while on the clock to a customer?

Should I believe commercials with get rich quick schemes now because they have a group of people who work for them saying that it totally works? Or should I believe the one guy who was part of it that tells me it's a scam?

Do I believe someone who has a sales pitch and a product to push just because he can get some folks on his payroll to agree? Or someone who gains nothing by misleading me?

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Sinivar
Mortok
Question:

Do the six people work for the brand of chocolate ice cream they are saying they like while on the clock to a customer?

Should I believe commercials with get rich quick schemes now because they have a group of people who work for them saying that it totally works? Or should I believe the one guy who was part of it that tells me it's a scam?

No they do not. They have no motivation for lying whatsoever. The other guy, however, is butthurt because he likes vanilla and wants everyone to think it's the best flavour ever.

None of your examples make a lick of sense. Why would a company pretend that their project is floundering? It's the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. It is seriously right up there with "aliens built the pyramids".

Fluff Lover

14,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Mortok
Question:

I'd believe the one who's had more involvement with making the ice cream from scratch, has had a longer time eating ice cream and sharing it with the people who pay for that ice cream and support the ice cream company, and doesn't falsify information on what ingredients go into that ice cream, or the profits the ice cream business brings, like the other six, who use scare tactics and lies to ensure the ice cream they're trying to sell gets bought, only to use the money customers pay them to like the ice cream too, to go behind their backs, putting that money to another ice cream company's development and producing different flavors of a ice cream with more air or ice crystals in it than the original, instead of continuing to manufacture the ice cream they hyped everyone up on and tried to get them to like, as they once did.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Communication. sad

Confident Genius

Mortok
Sinivar
Mortok
Question:

No they do not.

None of your examples make a lick of sense. Why would a company pretend that their project is floundering? It's the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. It is seriously right up there with "aliens built the pyramids".
Then your example doesn't make sense either.

They are on Gaia's payroll and have made the claims on company time. They are employees that need to make sales. Unhappy customers = bad sales. Customers placated by whatever means = better sales.

And it makes perfect sense if you want to move into a different profession and are cutting away the limb holding you back while taking in whatever money people are willingly giving to save projects you have no intent on keeping.

Think whatever you want. Just don't toss out examples taken out of context. Six people with an opinion is far different than six employees addressing customers and you know it.

And that is the end of where I'll argue with you. Most of us know your opinion on stuff like this before you even post, so I'll avoid beating my head against that wall, thanks.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Sinivar
Mortok
Sinivar
Mortok
Question:

No they do not.

Then your example doesn't make sense either.

They are on Gaia's payroll and have made the claims on company time. They are employees that need to make sales. Unhappy customers = bad sales. Customers placated by whatever means = better sales.

And it makes perfect sense if you want to move into a different profession and are cutting away the limb holding you back while taking in whatever money people are willingly giving to save projects you have no intent on keeping.

Think whatever you want. Just don't toss out examples taken out of context. Six people with an opinion is far different than six employees addressing customers and you know it.

And that is the end of where I'll argue with you. Most of us know your opinion on stuff like this before you even post, so I'll avoid beating my head against that wall, thanks.

Because you're so open and receptive to opposing arguments, right? You're not holding aloft the only person who agrees with you as a champion of truth and justice, despite a marked lack of proof to support his statements. You're a rational and logical person who has taken a step back and examined the situation from an objective viewpoint before making your decision, yes?

Invisible Cat

Quote:

Company's lie all the time. Look at wall street. neutral
Mortok
Because you're so open and receptive to opposing arguments, right? You're not holding aloft the only person who agrees with you as a champion of truth and justice, despite a marked lack of proof to support his statements. You're a rational and logical person who has taken a step back and examined the situation from an objective viewpoint before making your decision, yes?

I understand that your looking at this from a neutral standpoint. But the only way to truly understand this situation is to actually experience the situation. Have you played zOMG before?

Perhaps that would be a more suitable question for you. If not, then all your argument I would say is incompetent. Meaning you don't really know what your saying because you have no idea what Gaia has done.

I believe you would totally have more compassion with the zOMG Forum Community voicing their opinion if you have actually experience the magnitude of deception we have been. We did raid ATA to beg for answers and the answers they told us does not seem very satisfactory. For example, they told us to support zOMG by buying power-ups, knowing that all the proceedings will help with the game. But we later learned that the money were going is not actually going to its rightful place but to other place, completely unrelated to zOMG.

Gaia has been on their defensive side all throughout the ATA. Practically, the impression they gave us is that, our community is too little to make cash for them. But we know its false, we are advertising for them, we are giving them money to support it but they wont do what is expected of them.

Finally, someone inside actually told the truth. That zOMG is indeed profitable but since only Gaia people play it, they won't give attention to it anymore. They want bigger audience, other than Gaia people. So it also brings in the impression that Facebook is way way more important than us. Even though zOMG (us) is funding those games.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

MrsrachaelSnape
Quote:

There is a logical disconnect the size of the grand canyon here. You've grossly oversimplified the situation

Yes, companies lie. The type of lie is important. They pretend to be succesful and profitable, because that inspires people to invest in them. Pretending to be losers will get them nowhere. Nobody wants to be friends with a loser.

What does Gaia have to gain by confessing failure? The pity of college students and stay-at-home mothers, perhaps? Then what?

Invisible Cat

Mortok
MrsrachaelSnape
Quote:

There is a logical disconnect the size of the grand canyon here. You've grossly oversimplified the situation

Yes, companies lie. The type of lie is important. They pretend to be succesful and profitable, because that inspires people to invest in them. Pretending to be losers will get them nowhere. Nobody wants to be friends with a loser.

What does Gaia have to gain by confessing failure? The pity of college students and stay-at-home mothers, perhaps? Then what?

It's call pity. Maybe they thought more people would donate more if they thought gaia was in red. Even if that not the case gaia as a company should really clear thing up. Were they making more money then they said they were or not.

Divine Muse

Arwen
Communication. sad

I really wish Gaia knew how to do this properly. *tips*

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Mortok
MrsrachaelSnape
Quote:

In my opinion, they want to say that zOMG is failing despite their best efforts because they want to put more people on the facebook games team. And they know that Gaians would not sit idly by while that happened if zOMG wasn't failing. Obviously, I have no proof of such a thing.. it's just my gut feeling on what's going on. But even if it isn't true, it gives you one example of why Gaia might lie.
And why would Swarf lie? That would mean loosing his job (if he doesn't lose it anyway), and he has nothing to gain from lying.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Mortok
Question:

That is not really relevant. Because liking something is an opinion.

However, if you'd like to use the ice cream metaphor...

Seven people work for an ice cream shop. Customers usually talk to the ones in front, who are in charge of selling the product, or providing information about it. They ask questions like "Is my ice cream made with real milk and sugar, or is it processed?" or "I see you have a popular flavor that's pretty well talked about within the community and liked, but you seem to carry less of it than you used to, why is this?". Their questions are met with vague answers that don't provide more information than is absolutely necessary, like "Yes" and "Well, the flavor isn't paying for itself".

To be fair, four out of the seven employees work up front. So when a customer asks to see a manager about the popular flavor, they're met with the same response, lets say the managers are two of the remaining three employees (so we have six out of seven employees just relaying vague responses).

However, the last employee overhears something that is rather incorrect of a response. He steps forward, and makes an annoucement about the popular flavor. How it's popular and actually pays for itself, however, the extra space it takes, the extra time it takes to make it, is hindering on the owner's ability to market other ice cream flavors.

So while flavor after flavor of ice cream gets cranked out that some like, there are still plenty of regulars who prefer JUST the popular flavor, however, if it's always sold out because there's not enough of it being made, it might make them have to change their flavor tastes, or even choose another ice cream shop to begin with.

I really hope that makes sense....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces