Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

A Fallen Virtue
I'm arguing because I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that the decreased difficulty of gold earning is one reason why we have so much inflation in the MP, and that it'd only get worse if we could just shell out 5k for every amusing post we found.

Or I could be just paranoid. I just see it ending badly, that's all.

But... the gold leaves one account and enters another. We tip with our own gold. There's no new gold creation at all going on when someone tips, so inflation isn't the issue really. I think it's more one of transfer of lots of gold quickly. Or at least, more quickly than they can now is the main problem.

I'd like to be able to tip more, or not at all. I kind of think a like style feature without gold would have served my purposes better. ^_^

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm not a fan of complicating the system. A quick trade with more gold can be used for 'additional tipping'. Or if Gaia would make it possible to gift gold. That'd be nice.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
A Fallen Virtue
I see no need for this. Gold is terribly easy to make, and 25g is perfect for what it is: a tip.

You wouldn't give your waiter 500 dollars extra just because he gave you good service, would you?

lol one of my aunts and uncles actually did that once when they were in Thailand xd Their dinner bill was already large enough, yet they gave their waiter a tip that was bigger than their dinner bill. According to my uncle, the waiter's eyes grew big as saucers when he saw the tip.

back on topic, I think 25g for tipping is already fine as it is.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
i see no reason to increase tip value. its a way to show appreciation/admiration/agreement (sometimes i tip to be condescending emotion_yatta ) for their post
Tipping is highly simplified and streamlined, and it works as is. It's not really meant to be a way to gift users larger amounts of gold. Rather than change tipping, I'd rather they create a way to gift gold to other users without having to go through the trading system/requiring the other party to confirm.

Desirable Sex Symbol

I tip compulsively to anyone's posts who amused or touched me emotionally. I don't really think it should be anything more than it already is.

Hell, I'm happy when I'm tipped because I know people enjoyed or liked whatever material it was I posted. It's not really about the gold, but the thought behind the gold.

Smitten Kitten

ThanatosRising
Tipping is highly simplified and streamlined, and it works as is. It's not really meant to be a way to gift users larger amounts of gold. Rather than change tipping, I'd rather they create a way to gift gold to other users without having to go through the trading system/requiring the other party to confirm.

This sums up my opinion nicely.

Shirtless Streaker

There's only one tip I want from you emotion_dowant

Noob

Bennji F
I tip compulsively to anyone's posts who amused or touched me emotionally. I don't really think it should be anything more than it already is.

Hell, I'm happy when I'm tipped because I know people enjoyed or liked whatever material it was I posted. It's not really about the gold, but the thought behind the gold.
well i like giving gold away lol

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
Ganon Firenight
A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue
I see no need for this. Gold is terribly easy to make, and 25g is perfect for what it is: a tip.

You wouldn't give your waiter 500 dollars extra just because he gave you good service, would you?
This is gaia, not real life. I like giving people gold because i have the gold to do so. I hang out in the Chatterbox all the time and I see a LOT of funny and amazing posts and I want to give more than just 25g for entertaining me...
And why are you arguing with such a petty amount that I'm asking for? CI's and REI's, etc, are a gold sink on this site. Tipping a little extra for good posts shouldn't make a difference.
I'm arguing because I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that the decreased difficulty of gold earning is one reason why we have so much inflation in the MP, and that it'd only get worse if we could just shell out 5k for every amusing post we found.

Or I could be just paranoid. I just see it ending badly, that's all.

Tipping doesn't generate new gold, though. This would actually be good for the economy, as it would move more gold around, circulate more of it.
As I said: I might just be paranoid. Scratch that, I am paranoid. I don't see why we have to add to something that's brilliant in its simplicity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff