Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I know I am beating the perverbial horse with a giant 2x4 over and over again, but I think it needs to be address again and again until the point gets across to you. This is my personal feedback about a certain issue in alchemy and it NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED [like immediately. This should be something you consider when you make changes devs]:

YOU NEED TO MAKE SOME OF THE ITEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALCHEMY FORMULAS MORE OBTAINABLE.

What do I mean? I mean the fact that I can't make Glittering Pink Stockings because I cannot buy the required Raging Night Jewels [the formula requires 10. I think there are only 9 up] to even make the things. It's not just this item but a multitude of other formulas that require insane amounts of CS items and RIG fail items that do not get produced back into the MP fast enough. Another Example: Masquerade requires 25 idiot hairs and 50 body hairs in which the MP doesn't even have enough to fit the requirements.

What I am saying is this: REDUCE certain item requirements to make the higher lvl formulas [hell even lower lvl formulas like lvl 2-3] more accessible to those who do not have millions of gold to make these items or having to wait MONTHS to find people who are selling the items. I want to get into alchemy, I really do but until you stop force feeding me item rarity and item extinction down my throat I can't even begin to try dipping my feet in.

NOTE:

I do know they say they are making some changes to alchemy soon, but I want to see this was one of those changes. It gets sickening when I cannot even level myself up in alchemy simply because I cannot buy the items I need to do so. Hell I cannot even get someone else to make me these items because the items simply do not exist.

I have a list of examples for those who would like to see in better detail what I mean, I know a lot of people know this, but I think this still needs to be up here so I can get a point across [these are just bit frost ones]:

Kanoko's Dark Reflection: 5 Keiongaku Style [Each of these are priced at 850k+ and there are only 8 listings, but that could change], 10 frigid night jewels [THERE ARE ONLY 5 UP IN MP]. The last three ingredients are components and an item from a GS... YOU NEED 50 OF THEM WUT?! gonk

Kanoko's Nightmares: 20 Raging Night Jewel Not only do you need about 20 of the item but you need a bitter porridge which costs almost 1 mil. The fact you NEED 20 raging night jewels is outright ridiculous, there's not enough raging jewels in the MP to produce this.

Pale Marrionette: 5 SDPlus #118 Pale Marionette, FIVE SDPLUS DOLLS. There is ONE DOLL in MP. ONE. DOLL. The rest is GS and cache items, but I want this to sink in... FIVE DOLLS where there is only ONE.

Slender: 50 THE TROLL [Only 12 in MP emotion_awesome ], 50 SICILIAN WISEGUY [Only 4 in MP emotion_awesome ], 25 POSSESSED DOLLS [Only 2 in MP] This is the worst offender here as it requires items that are not even prevalent in the MP. There's no way someone can chalk up 50 of the Sicilian Wise Guy or The Troll without going insane. The rest of the items are fair and have enough MP listings or are components or come from GS.

Coat of the Great War: 5 Helmet of the Great War [only two exist in MP and they are 1m each], 5 dashing gentleman's brown tail coat [An old CS item now only 4 in MP]

Assimilated Wolf

I still say it's a good idea to make the lower level formula components obtainable from the shop itself. And not just some of them.

Peaceful Lunatic

I think it's good to keep this kind of issue up, especially if they are thinking through changes. Makes it more likely that this change could come in the big update, maybe.

I would agree that there are a number of unreasonable requirements. Another one is for the Bitter Porridge, which is already an expensive item to craft due to requiring both other Porridges. It also calls for 50 Fiendish Ciusine. 50! It's even worse because Bitter Porridge is called for in other formulas. So if you want to make multiples, it just adds up.

I'm gonna eventually want to buy 150 of those things unless it changes...

Hot Lop

I want to get into Alchemy really badly too, but this is one thing keeping
me from leveling up. For some people it's hard to acquire even 5 of some of the RIG items
needed to make things, let alone crazy amounts of them. I understand the reasoning
behind requiring a cash item to make another cash item but they go extinct pretty quickly
when there's no more being produced.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Wow, I actually got replies! emotion_kirakira

But anyway, yes it is an issue that we need to keep it up so they know what a real issue is with Alchemy. Yes, at first it was the caches and cases but those were fixed which was a HUGE step in the right direction. Now the next huge direction is to make these formulas CRAFTABLE by everyone not just a small percentage of the site that can spend the gold and time in making the items.

The way things are going, a lot of items are going extinct or are being hoarded so that no one may obtain them to craft what they want. Looking at all the lvl 10 formulas a LOT have problems with asking for TOO much.

Questionable Trickster

20,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Bidblast was supposed to address some of the rare items but it's pretty much a failure in that regard. I really wish they would wake up and see that they need less convoluted ways to re-release rare ingredients.
For the amount of energy, time and yes money the wings require I'll just get an extra job and buy myself a new car in the same time frame.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Ingredients all need to be farmable or available in gemstone caches. Or, add formulas for those old components that require farmable components.

I'm surprised that zOMG loot and the craftable items from recipes haven't been utilized more. The items, recipes and loot all are already flooded into the marketplace and are consistently replenishing themselves.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I think they should've made that fail RIG, Ivan's Stash (?), a permanent RIG. That'd help with alchemy.

Dapper Dabbler

I've been saving up and buying raging night jewels for a year to make the pink stockings. I have a total of 8 so far. A YEAR. And I still can't get to the level high enough to actually craft them. stressed

Lonely Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
I agree with your suggestions. I've held off trying Alchemy until they fix these things, but have read lots of complaints similar to yours, and it's something they need to take a look at, I think.

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Lowering, even if it was by a 1/4th, of the item requirements would be wonderful. Especially when it comes to the Rig Fail Items and such.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
    • Olympian 200
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Invisibility 100
    Gundamu
    I still say it's a good idea to make the lower level formula components obtainable from the shop itself. And not just some of them.

This would be a great idea, I don't know why they don't already do it. I recently started trying out alchemy, fortunately I have a friend who has helped me with event formulas but it would be nice if other components were more abundant.

Assimilated Wolf

Denham
    Gundamu

This would be a great idea, I don't know why they don't already do it. I recently started trying out alchemy, fortunately I have a friend who has helped me with event formulas but it would be nice if other components were more abundant.

Something about being afraid of 'breaking the system'. Don't know how that would happen if they did this.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
    • Tipsy 100
    • Cheercrusher 50
    • Streaker 200
    Gundamu
    Denham
    Gundamu

Something about being afraid of 'breaking the system'. Don't know how that would happen if they did this.

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Alchemy has a system? eek

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Assimilated Wolf

Opera Phantomess
    Gundamu
    Denham
    Gundamu

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Alchemy has a system? eek

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Or they would have us think! THERMITE PAINT!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff