Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Angel

17,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Azurimi

But didn't a developer said when Alchemy first came out that backwings would be ridiculously difficult to achieve?

I don't know why anyone believes Gaia's promises anymore at this point. It's obvious they enjoy ******** with us. And I feel sorry for those who really want Backwings and have waited for them for years, because they're going to be ultrare exclusive s**t.

Yea, I'm kind of disappointed about it (I'm one of those members who've been waiting for Angelic Backwings since 03-04 xp ) -and yea at this point, I'm not even really sure if I should bother with continuing to wait. It's really starting to look like something that wont be achieved by the average Gaian. A.K.A. (me) xd

As for the difficulty of the backwings, i think it was said by a Dev that they would be ridiculously expenisve yea, but i guess on Gaia Expense=Difficulty, lol -so yea, pretty much.

It still sucks, and I'm disappointed in Gaia for promising something as simple as a pair of stupid pixelated wings that go on your back to their user base, but failing to deliver time and time again (Because i'm pretty sure at this point they just enjoy toying with us and watching our reactions...) emotion_donotwant

Mega Man-Lover

Keiko-Rin

Yea, I'm kind of disappointed about it (I'm one of those members who've been waiting for Angelic Backwings since 03-04 xp ) -and yea at this point, I'm not even really sure if I should bother with continuing to wait. It's really starting to look like something that wont be achieved by the average Gaian. A.K.A. (me) xd

As for the difficulty of the backwings, i think it was said by a Dev that they would be ridiculously expenisve yea, but i guess on Gaia Expense=Difficulty, lol -so yea, pretty much.

It still sucks, and I'm disappointed in Gaia for promising something as simple as a pair of stupid pixelated wings that go on your back to their user base, but failing to deliver time and time again (Because i'm pretty sure at this point they just enjoy toying with us and watching our reactions...) emotion_donotwant

It's funny because there are tons of other sites that have easily accessible (those are the key words) backwings and they haven't been around for nearly as long as Gaia.

Fluffy Angel

17,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Kaiba the Revenge

It's funny because there are tons of other sites that have easily accessible (those are the key words) backwings and they haven't been around for nearly as long as Gaia.

Yea pretty much.
-but I guess that's because all those other sites are run by people who are actually sane.. >_>

Seriously though. I've never heard of/experienced any other avatar site/game/whatever giving its user base so much trouble over a couple pairs of Generic as ********] Angel and Demon backwings.

8 Years. This s**t has been going on for EIGHT. ********. YEARS.
I don't give two craps about how "difficult" it was to pixelate a pair of Angel wings (because honestly it's not- just look at how many examples of other wings we have on this site) or how they had so much trouble designing them because they had to make them perfect because they were scared of user complaints/criticisms. [********]
It's obvious that you just like pissing us off.

Just.... ******** stop it Gaia. Enough is enough already.

P.S. Sorry if i offended anyone with the language. xP I'm in a ranty mood, and the way things are being handled around here is really starting to grate on my nerves......
Keiko-Rin
Azurimi

But didn't a developer said when Alchemy first came out that backwings would be ridiculously difficult to achieve?

I don't know why anyone believes Gaia's promises anymore at this point. It's obvious they enjoy ******** with us. And I feel sorry for those who really want Backwings and have waited for them for years, because they're going to be ultrare exclusive s**t.

I can understand how you feel, probably cheated, but in the end they're just pixelated wings with a specific shape. I think in the past backwings were so wanted because there were barely wing items.

But I bet at this point there are far better wings that look better than the backwings will.The good thing about Gaia is that there are so many items, and more keep getting released, so even if you can never get them I'm sure you can find another pair that satisfies you. It's the only consolation.

That said. ******** you Gaia and ******** make backwings available to everyone! For once keep your word and remember this is not only a business but a community also! Besides no point in having your customers angry/disappointed.

Questionable Connoisseur

14,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
I'm usually a very pro-gaia person. I support their decisions and updates, generally, regardless of what it is.

This is s**t.

I agree with this sentiment. I love Gaia, I love pretty much everything they do (last month was absolutely joyful with all the free items and housing updates) but Alchemy is a big black taint attempting to override all the good stuff.

I guess I'll just keep on doing what I always do, buying/spending cash only when (r)EIs pop up. xP

Mega Man-Lover

Keiko-Rin
Yea pretty much.
-but I guess that's because all those other sites are run by people who are actually sane.. >_>

Seriously though. I've never heard of/experienced any other avatar site/game/whatever giving its user base so much trouble over a couple pairs of Generic as ********] Angel and Demon backwings.

I don't give two craps about how "difficult" it was to pixelate a pair of Angel wings (because honestly it's not- just look at how many examples of other wings we have on this site) or how they had so much trouble designing them because they had to make them perfect because they were scared of user complaints/criticisms. [********]

P.S. Sorry if i offended anyone with the language. xP I'm in a ranty mood, and the way things are being handled around here is really starting to grate on my nerves......

And to think the Gaia staff wouldn't let the creator of Hermes Moon make those wings because of LOL BACKWINGS or something. I forgot the whole story but it most definitely involved Hermes Moon and not being able to put backwings in it.

Plus the Holy s**t or whatever it's called would have made decent backwings if it didn't have that doo-dad on the back of it. So it's obvious they can do it but like you said, they enjoy pissing us off.

I swear like a ********, so I'm not offended at all. emotion_awesome

Fluffy Angel

17,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Azurimi

I can understand how you feel, probably cheated, but in the end they're just pixelated wings with a specific shape. I think in the past backwings were so wanted because there were barely wing items.

But I bet at this point there are far better wings that look better than the backwings will.The good thing about Gaia is that there are so many items, and more keep getting released, so even if you can never get them I'm sure you can find another pair that satisfies you. It's the only consolation.

That said. ******** you Gaia and ******** make backwings available to everyone! For once keep your word and remember this is not only a business but a community also! Besides no point in having your customers angry/disappointed.

Well, I'll always go on of course- but i'm still kind of pissed that i'll never be able to have just a simple pair of Angel wings to go with any of my outfits. That's one of the things I always wanted on Gaia, just because I was always into making Angelic looking Avatars- but sometimes it was hard because even though this site has a lot of wings to choose from, and quite a few of them are pretty decent- sometimes i just want a pair of simple, white feathery wings, you know?
without having to worry about something gaudy attached to them, or being the wrong color, etc.
-but nope. I guess that's just too much to ask for from Gaia. Don't even get started on how I've already fed this site hundreds of my hard-earned dollars.
How DARE I ask for a pair of backwings that are actually reasonably obtainable. emotion_donotwant

Fluffy Angel

17,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Kaiba the Revenge

And to think the Gaia staff wouldn't let the creator of Hermes Moon make those wings because of LOL BACKWINGS or something. I forgot the whole story but it most definitely involved Hermes Moon and not being able to put backwings in it.

Plus the Holy s**t or whatever it's called would have made decent backwings if it didn't have that doo-dad on the back of it. So it's obvious they can do it but like you said, they enjoy pissing us off.

Yea I heard about that...I don't know the whole story, but I think it was something like the wing pose on Hermes/Mercury's moon was only allowed to have one wing on the back so that it wouldn't be too close to angelic Backwings. Lol.
So stupid.
Just goes to show that they really are trolling us about it.

Fuzzy Strawberry

19,250 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

I was working on a longer, more involved reply to this... but I have a fever and to be honest, trying to give an eloquent reply to a bunch of staff who won't even take it seriously is not worth the energy right now. For now, it will suffice to say that I agree with most everything I've seen in this thread so far, especially the posts with lots of profanity (I'm sick and cranky, goddamnit).

At this point it's obvious to us that you don't intend on actually fixing the system, so why did you even bother asking for our feedback and conversing about it with us in our threads? Just to give us a false sense of optimism? Yes, there have been a few good changes (keeping the limited-edition golden giftbox formula, for one), but not enough to make up for the impossibility of the system.

Stop being so stubborn; admit that the feature hasn't worked out the way you originally planned it, then suck it up and tweak it some more so that we can actually use the damned thing. Quit sticking your fingers in your ears as more people walk away from disgust and frustration.

User Image

Mega Man-Lover

Keiko-Rin
Kaiba the Revenge

Yea I heard about that...I don't know the whole story, but I think it was something like the wing pose on Hermes/Mercury's moon was only allowed to have one wing on the back so that it wouldn't be too close to angelic Backwings. Lol.
So stupid.
Just goes to show that they really are trolling us about it.

That sounds about right. 3nodding

Sweetheart

16,050 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Keiko-Rin
Kaiba the Revenge

Yea pretty much.

I don't care if they were as hard to pixel as it was for Michelangelo to paint the Sistine chapel, the point is that they will never be able to equate the difficulty to pixel the item ONE time as it is going to be collectively hard for the few people out of the masses to actually get them. It's not like they have to pixel a separate pair of wings for every user. They had to do it ONE TIME for everyone.

Smitten Kitten

14,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
crying

That.sucks. I was thinking that the formula would be released in bit frost, making it semi-obtainable. I would never touch alchemy at this point. Why bother?

Dapper Dabbler

8,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Somewhere deep inside my heart I know that the formula calls for an angelic halo. emotion_awesome

Anyway, it just seems to me that recently Gaia has been one step forward, 20 steps back. I cant really see them anymore they are so far back. emotion_8c

Fluffy Angel

17,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Pinque Von Fluffendorken

I don't care if they were as hard to pixel as it was for Michelangelo to paint the Sistine chapel, the point is that they will never be able to equate the difficulty to pixel the item ONE time as it is going to be collectively hard for the few people out of the masses to actually get them. It's not like they have to pixel a separate pair of wings for every user. They had to do it ONE TIME for everyone.

Lol, Well that, and like i pointed out before as well- How many examples of wings do we have on this site? Some of them are even fairly complicated.

-but seriously. Generic Angelic Backwings are harder to pixelate than this?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/47941

There are other examples, too lazy to find them. xP
Point is- I don't buy it. Nice try, Gaia.

Sweetheart

16,050 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Reen_Luin
Somewhere deep inside my heart I know that the formula calls for an angelic halo. emotion_awesome

Anyway, it just seems to me that recently Gaia has been one step forward, 20 steps back. I cant really see them anymore they are so far back. emotion_8c

To me is almost seems as if they have taken the expectations of having dedicated users to the level of joining a cult. You aren't going to get anywhere unless you drink the purple koolaid and give up all your worldly possessions and time for the love of Gaia, and Gaia alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games