Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

hibi-tea

Your 25 cents are appreciated o7 My goal is to get tipped enough to buy a pair of these back wings emotion_awesome

I've... I've been on Gaia too long. Hell I used to own a charity and give away 'o3s like candy back in the day. Nowadays I'm a hardcore supporter of zOMG (CL11.8!), which I'm guessing is quite troublesome seeing as how Gaia has failed to get rid of that particular necrotic limb like the did away with Frontier Skies earlier this week.
STILL NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR ALCHEMY User Image

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
FrailHeart
Flying Dicks

Apparently, it ends on midnight on the "latest" day. The wing formulas last a week apiece... you can count on them being bid up a lot, or if people give up then possibly someone will get a lucky break.

I've never understood it either, the midnight thing makes sense though I guess, but the last time I tried was when they had the 2 hour auctions and those confused the piss outta me, I lost a lot of them by looking away literally for 10 seconds, and lost some by site blips where it lost connection just long enough to screw me.

Bid Blast is glitchy, so it surprises me that they're using it to- wait, no. No it doesn't. Nothing surprises me anymore. emotion_facepalm

There are a select group of people that are pretty much bidblast hawks. They'll probably win these, and whore them out for millions.

My friend told me someone DID get the formula a while back, but refused to tell anyone where they got it, or sell it on the MP so it would be listed.

___________User Image___________
вυт ∂ση'т ℓσσк ∂σωη вє¢αυѕє, ι ∂ση'т кησω, ƒαℓℓιηg ιѕ ƒαтαℓ ƒяσм тнιѕ нєιgнт

So it ends regardless of the 30-second count-down/add when people bid?
THAT'S SO CONFUSING.
Oh dear Jesus. IDGAF anymore. XD Thanks though.

Mmmghn, but the problem with that is how do you prove it? I'm not questioning your friend's honesty, but... It's so easy to just be bluffing when you don't... do anything with it. Like, I could have posted "I don't know why you people are complaining, I got one aaaages ago". I don't have to prove anything. I'd not believe it until I got a screenshot or something. But then again, I'm highly pessimistic. gonk

I don't know, if it was screen-shot'd, I'd probably just assume it came from the case or cache or whatever gives out formulas if it wasn't in the shop doodad.
I mean... that's where formulas come from isn't it?
Then again, I'm so fortunately ignorant about Alchemy's fine print that I didn't realize the formulas in BB were for the backwings until I went to surf the GCD and here. So. Not that my assumptions meant much. XD

ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн
________ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн________
User Image

I think they used that inventory post thing that exchangers use, the one that makes an item from your inventory show above your post. I never saw the original thread though and it was at least a month ago... My friend was pretty upset about it.

I agree that they may have been lying.. I mean who knows... but there are supposedly other ways to get formulas, DC and stuff.

In a relationship with PoshuI

This thread gets all of my YES. All of it. Get those artists over here and hold their head still with eyes facing the screen. This plus the fact that the artists are responsible for tagging/classifying items and STILL make them Game so they can't be used with Gaia's OWN DEVELOPED DRESSING ROOM makes me think they are sorely out of touch with the site they are working for. They have to be because alchemy has and is still something I am standing back and cringing at like a big piece of s**t on the floor instead of being excited about using. Everything they've tweaked about alchemy so far has been what I'd refer to as the cheapest or the very least amount of thing they could change and still call it change.
Hell yeah! The OP said it all. Gaia has been catering only to the elite rich, and completely giving the cold shoulder to the less fortunate. I thought even I might have had a shot at backwings someday but all those useless dreams went straight out the window. Forget the millions of gold. You would need billions of gold to make backwings. And correct me if I'm wrong....but the everyday average gaian probably doesn't have that absurd amount just sitting around in their account. WTG Gaia! Keep up the good work of licking the boots of the filthy rich.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Opera Phantomess

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

I'll be honest. I'm not an artist. I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler 8D HOWEVER. I can't really understand the justification that "it took us a long time to make, SUFFER FOR IT".

Just because you're employed by Gaia, is your time worth more than mine?

Now, let me think for a moment... Say I want to get an item that's worth 2mil. I can either play for an hour or so every day on zOMG for oh lets say a month, or I can buy three RIGs and resell the bundles for ~700K. The month of zOMG means that I would have spent ~20 hours, the RIG means I would have spent ~2 hours of wages. Either way, I'm paying my time into the site for this 2mil item.

Now, how long did it take the artist to make that 2mil item? Discounting the fact that the artist was also paid to make said item, whereas I am giving both a disproportionate amount of time and/or money to Gaia to obtain a COPY of that item.

I'm sorry, but the "it was so hard to make" excuse definitely doesn't fly for me.

I feel like Alchemy is protecting the artists. I for one am a little annoyed with how things like RIG rares work, and how very little CoP evolves; I'm seriously gunning for CoP's 3rd birthday for it will be a new milestone in someone's absolute disregard to deliver on promises.

You don't have to spend a lot of time OR money to get a nice avatar. All my mules are dressed from money they make themselves off DC items, a little zOMG and BG and whatever comes their way. Of course, Alchemy turns that all on its ear and demands everything of you and more.

I understand DMS is frustrating... that's part of why I dropped the cash for the Amulet when I could. Unfortunately zOMG is struggling because most of the staff has been fired or left to pursue better opportunities as Gaia yet again misses the point. The bar is almost full again. It might open up this weekend. Drop me a line and I'll be happy to play with you o7 The only difference between a CL10 and a CL12 are numbers, not ability.

Dangerous Visionary

Is there any real wonder why so many people have stopped even doing events. I donated two items, collected the crap, and never looked back. I think I got maybe two stickers but hey can't do anything with them and their forever locked which is BS but whatever. Yeah Gaia just keeps doing what it does best making users upset and creating more drama than needs to be. I mean why can't it be like the Angelic rod in which you only need to have caught 75k fish/trash, no time limit, any lake, any fish, and any way you wish as long as you fish. That's hard but it's fair for EVERYONE! Alchemy is just impossible! And what I really don't get is how they are shoving it in everyone's faces when like MOST things around here it's for a niche group of users. So why force it and really punish the rest of us on something that isn't even worth starting for the majority of us?

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
MistressMinako

The only difference between a CL10 and a CL12 are numbers, not ability.

Nicely stated about this issue.

Everything you said including the bolded part(that I quoted here). I love playing DMS, but half the time people only want those who are 11.0+...and I'm not there yet. When I get there I am still going to want to play with a crew that works well together, regardless of CL.

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Wouldn't it be fun if we could set an impossible task for the staff. (Something other than making the entire site happy that is.) Something they really want but have pretty much no chance of ever doing. Something they would have to jump through hoops and bleed out a little gaian avatar ink to manage. Just so they could be put into our shoes and see how we feel.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Thanks Dicks for summing that up so well, I agree completely. There's no point in a long post in my case, since everything I could have said has been done so for me.

Invisible Fairy

I completely agree with you.
...Not much that I can say that hasn't already been said but let it be known that I support your opinion 100 percent.
I can see no argument opposing this that would make as much sense as yours.

Malevolent Creature

I don't understand why Gaia keeps shooting itself in the face with alchemy... emotion_facepalm

What is it with Gaia and jerking it to item rarity? No one likes it but staff and its not like we keep quiet about it either, so they know we're pissed about the scarcity.

Argh. You took every word out of my mouth and then some. I have never been so angered and disappointed at a website before...

******** your alchemy Gaia, I'm gonna go buy hats with the money I'd have used on cash cards.
They already said Backwings will be only for a few selected, and I doubt they're not going to change their mind any time soon.
It's even sadder that the BB recipes are most likely not the Backwings recipes, but just components or the first part of the 'quest'.

I don't see a point in bidding (except to resell), since even with the formula good knows what kind of components it requires, probably a bajillion shark blood and sugar crystals XD.

Celestial Tamer

32,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Azurimi
They already said Backwings will be only for a few selected, and I doubt they're not going to change their mind any time soon.
It's even sadder that the BB recipes are most likely not the Backwings recipes, but just components or the first part of the 'quest'.

I don't see a point in bidding (except to resell), since even with the formula good knows what kind of components it requires, probably a bajillion shark blood and sugar crystals XD.

Actually, it was the Alchemy system itself that was apparently intended for only about 3% of the website.

Backwings have always been promised from the beginning as something that every single Gaian would have a fair chance at obtaining with a little effort and hard work. -but this is something else.
This is far, FAR from that.
There's a huge difference between something that actually takes a little time and effort, and something thats just complete and absolute ********.

Gaia really is just screwing us over now. -well all the patient people who wanted, waited and still care about the Backwings anyways.
Keiko-Rin
Azurimi

Actually, it was the Alchemy system itself that was apparently intended for only about 3% of the website.

Backwings have always been promised from the beginning as something that every single Gaian would have a fair chance at obtaining with a little effort and hard work. -but this is something else.
This is far, FAR from that.
There's a huge difference between something that actually takes a little time and effort, and something thats just complete and absolute ********.

Gaia really is just screwing us over now. -well all the patient people who wanted, waited and still care about the Backwings anyways.

But didn't a developer said when Alchemy first came out that backwings would be ridiculously difficult to achieve?

I don't know why anyone believes Gaia's promises anymore at this point. It's obvious they enjoy ******** with us. And I feel sorry for those who really want Backwings and have waited for them for years, because they're going to be ultrare exclusive s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff