Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
The Undead Suitor
The moment the words "They've been in the Alchemist's Case the entire time" slipped out of artist lips I knew we were ********.

The odds must be microscopic for it to be un-found for almost a year. And yet the artists see nothing wrong with that.
Has it been that long already? wow... How time flies when you're trying to pretend a feature doesn't exist.

Confident Genius

I tried to come up with eloquent words that really encompass how I feel about all of this mess and there's just nothing. Nothing but a big nasty bubble of frustration just sitting there in my gut being unhappy that they think this is what we should consider fun.

So I hunted this down. This is how I feel when the staff do nothing but run away and say nothing every time we confront them with the problems of this feature that keep on coming one right after the other. Looking at us users and our questions, sweating bullets for a minute and then going, "Well...um....I gotta go!" and zipping off so quickly that they leave a Looney Tunes style avatar shaped cloud of dust.

And it seems like no amount of rational talking or explaining works. You just want to reach through the screen and shake them and shake them until they stop freaking out and trying to make us like alchemy even harder and just listen. >_<

This is how frustrated I am with alchemy and it's makers desperately running away from their accountability, Gaia. No words put it better.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Gundamu
The Undead Suitor
The moment the words "They've been in the Alchemist's Case the entire time" slipped out of artist lips I knew we were ********.

The odds must be microscopic for it to be un-found for almost a year. And yet the artists see nothing wrong with that.

Are you serious?! This is just plain unacceptable.

They dun seem to care, really. They just want to pansy their way around, so they can flaunt their oh so awesome items in the users face, so when a user gets it, the artist gets praised for how well done it is, and it gets mentioned all over.

At least this is how I am reading into this ungodly elitist bullshit.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Andromeda Phoenix

I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

Yeah, that is really how it comes off.

It's sad that this is what the site is reduced to. All these years and then, they do this. And they refuse to fix it, and bounce back. I wont say Alchemy is going to be the death of Gaia, but it surely is going to continue alienating the users and making them feel unappreciated.

Imagine being a new user and having alchemy explained to you. The scale of it. The cost of it. Would it be an attainable goal to you?

I've been on gaia since 2004- and had this account since.. 06 or 07 I think? and it doesn't seem like an attainable goal to me. Or many others, who've been here longer than me and who have much more plentiful pixel riches.

When Alchemy came out, I asked what the "cost" of backwings would be. I think we know now, and it's much more than I ever could have imagined. With merely the first three levels costing around 10 million gold... and the cost increases exponentially from then on.
Has anyone tallied the cost to get to level 10?

Celestial Tamer

32,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Flying Dicks

Yeah, that is really how it comes off.

It's sad that this is what the site is reduced to. All these years and then, they do this. And they refuse to fix it, and bounce back. I wont say Alchemy is going to be the death of Gaia, but it surely is going to continue alienating the users and making them feel unappreciated.

Imagine being a new user and having alchemy explained to you. The scale of it. The cost of it. Would it be an attainable goal to you?

I've been on gaia since 2004- and had this account since.. 06 or 07 I think? and it doesn't seem like an attainable goal to me. Or many others, who've been here longer than me and who have much more plentiful pixel riches.

When Alchemy came out, I asked what the "cost" of backwings would be. I think we know now, and it's much more than I ever could have imagined. With merely the first three levels costing around 10 million gold... and the cost increases exponentially from then on.
Has anyone tallied the cost to get to level 10?

As far as I've seen, most people who have reached level ten said they spent around 100m to get there. burning_eyes
So 100m to reach level ten- and then, knowing Alchemy the way it is right now- probably another 100m just to make the damn wings. xP
Gaia, Gaia, Gaia... *shakes head*

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I really want to see someone who worked on the aspects of Alchemy themselves (NOT the developers who coded the system!) to have the balls to actually step forward and defend themselves right about now without using the poor excuse of "we cannot change anything because users have already crafted/are working on formulas". I am sick of seeing them run off and hide when the "scary users" come out and start complaining about something collectively. It just shows how much they truly care about our satisfaction and ultimately Gaia's and their futures on a grander scale.

If they are so innocent, why refuse to address anything besides how these formulas were in the Case all along, which only makes them even more guilty than ever before?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Assimilated Wolf

Rya Dracosin
Gundamu
The Undead Suitor

Are you serious?! This is just plain unacceptable.

They dun seem to care, really. They just want to pansy their way around, so they can flaunt their oh so awesome items in the users face, so when a user gets it, the artist gets praised for how well done it is, and it gets mentioned all over.

At least this is how I am reading into this ungodly elitist bullshit.

s**t, that is what it seems like. "I want users to really appreciate my hard work! Make this item rare as ********! Oh, and put items that cost millions of gold in the formula as well. Make em really feel their 'hard work' has paid off."
Paraphrased of course.

Ruthless Reveler

I still don't understand why they didn't just make the backwings a monthly collectible. Or part of a special EI like Zodiacal. confused I think they would have made great income from it.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Well they can keep their joke of a feature to themselves at this rate. I guess it don't matter how many users have the item. Just how costly it is and rare it is satisfies them. Its nit like alchemy could have been fun for all even with the rare a** items. Gotta go and make it one ay and one way only....

Tipsy Vampire

I... No. I have nothing. I'm speechless. Normally I don't throw the whole "I've been on Gaia for blahblah" but I have been on Gaia since September of 2003. We were begging for backwings then. It over EIGHT ******** YEARS and now they introduce this alchemy formula s**t with the hint that those formulas have been in the Case THE WHOLE GODDAMN TIME with the rarity jacked so high that NOBODY on Gaia has gotten them?!

I don't normally say this sort of thing but:

[********. YOU. GAIA.
--lurks thread like a hawk-- ninja

Andromeda Phoenix
I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

That sounds about right. Only thing is, if that truly is the case, then I feel a bit sorry for them having spent so much time on a feature that probably took a lot of time to create, and then to have so many users disliking it. Basically, it means that the developers who created it wasted their time on it when they could have been working on something else, which is probably a cause of anger/embarrassment for those up-highers (CEO? Managers? Lanzer? I don't know how Gaia HQ works.)

Anyways, this isn't an excuse for them. I'm just -- now, at least -- wondering about their side of the story, and I can understand now that it's probably difficult to completely remove a feature that probably had a lot of time invested in it. I'm not happy with the backwings being so rare, but.... Just my thoughts.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I've made a decision.

I will live my life for the next year, enjoy my family, my job and my tea. Barring the world dropping out of the sun's orbit on Dec. 21 2012, I'll come back around to Alchemy and see if any progress has been made.

My prediction? People will still be just as frustrated, components will have become even rarer as the supply of Cases and Catches dries up and the staff forgets to update BidBlast.

Come on Gaia, prove me wrong.

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
___________User Image___________
вυт ∂ση'т ℓσσк ∂σωη вє¢αυѕє, ι ∂ση'т кησω, ƒαℓℓιηg ιѕ ƒαтαℓ ƒяσм тнιѕ нєιgнт

My reaction once I understood what was going on:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Yeah, I'm back with more Shizuo throwing gifs. They're totally on topic.)

This is why I don't care.
Not one bit.
I'm just super glad that backwings never really did it for me. I'm content with the not-quite-backwings (or outright butt wings) that Gaia has when I get in the mood for wings. Though there are things that I'd love to be able to have via Alchemy. (Minthamella. Why. WHY. Just. Ffffff.)
It's just so messed up and broken and just rage inducing that I just decided not to give a single ********. I mean, seriously, if they REALLY were in the Case all this time, then... how the hell did no one find it? Whore it out for 100million gold? Brag? I have a hard time, given the snark-fest that's goin' dooooooown in the GCD that someone would get it and NOT say something. Like. Really.

There were so many ways that Alchemy could have been great. This. This is not one of them.
Besides, how the actual ******** do you win BidBlast? I may just be dumb, but I've sat for over 15-20 minutes with 30 seconds left before going "Oh [******** this".

I enjoy being a dust-eating peasant if being hard-core is this. confused

ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн
________ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн________
User Image

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
MistressMinako
I've made a decision.

I will live my life for the next year, enjoy my family, my job and my tea. Barring the world dropping out of the sun's orbit on Dec. 21 2012, I'll come back around to Alchemy and see if any progress has been made.

My prediction? People will still be just as frustrated, components will have become even rarer as the supply of Cases and Catches dries up and the staff forgets to update BidBlast.

Come on Gaia, prove me wrong.

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I will join you there. emotion_dowant

I foresee Gaia realizing they are in major financial trouble on January 31. By June, they will no longer exist either due to being completely wiped off the face of the internet or being bought out by a company like Viacom and completely turned into something entirely different than what it has ever been since 2003.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Questionable Cat

12,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Couldn't of said it better myself really. I'd never even heard of those alchemy chest things until that dev alert! Heck I didn't even know they existed!

I am sick and tired of this alchemy shenanigans. It's like no matter what Gaia does all they are doing is digging themselves an even deeper grave. The parts are scarce / non existent in some cases, they cost too much for the average user to buy and some even destroy incredibly rare items. It's pathetic really.

The main thing that annoys me about the Alchemy feature is the fact Gaia seems to be outright refusing to notice that it's incredibly flawed and biased. It's like they don't want to fix it and make it fair! Of course I don't expect them to make it so easy that a user that joined a week ago could do it, but I don't expect them to make it so that it favours those who forcefully inflate items and vend all the time!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff