What wings is this about?

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
RecklessNHigh

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Your every day, generic backwings (like Angel, Demon, etc. wings) that have been requested for on this site since the year it existed; they have thrown them into Alchemy, which is a feature that requires you to destroy limited items and spend tens and hundreds of millions of gold just to reach level ten. You have to be level ten to complete the Quest (backwings) formulas as there are four level ten formulas within that chain (it is a soulbound chain that starts at level one and rises from there). Just to complete one Quest formula chain alone and acquire the full set of wings that comes from it would set you back about six hundred million gold, not counting in any fluctuations in prices on components and their availabilities nor the crafting costs especially if you fail on them at any given point.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

Your every day, generic backwings (like Angel, Demon, etc. wings) that have been requested for on this site since the year it existed; they have thrown them into Alchemy, which is a feature that requires you to destroy limited items and spend tens and hundreds of millions of gold just to reach level ten. You have to be level ten to complete the Quest (backwings) formulas as there are four level ten formulas within that chain (it is a soulbound chain that starts at level one and rises from there). Just to complete one Quest formula chain alone and acquire the full set of wings that comes from it would set you back about six hundred million gold, not counting in any fluctuations in prices on components and their availabilities nor the crafting costs especially if you fail on them at any given point.

Thank you. That's horrible off Gaia D:

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
RecklessNHigh
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

I should also mention that the Quest formulas come from the Alchemist's Case and they are very hard to pull as they make up the rarest tier of formulas in there.

No problem. Henceforth this thread and all of the suggestions and complaints about Alchemy since its inception last August. So far we have only seen bandages placed on gaping wounds with a decent fix being within the Cache to make pulling certain components easier and less painful. Gaia still has a s**t load of work to do to make Alchemy workable by the masses.

Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

I should also mention that the Quest formulas come from the Alchemist's Case and they are very hard to pull as they make up the rarest tier of formulas in there.

No problem. Henceforth this thread and all of the suggestions and complaints about Alchemy since its inception last August. So far we have only seen bandages placed on gaping wounds with a decent fix being within the Cache to make pulling certain components easier and less painful. Gaia still has a s**t load of work to do to make Alchemy workable by the masses.

I agree I think Gaia rushed into the Alchemy, a lot off the recipes Items tend to cost more then the items worth, sad. Also the leveling thing is also annoying.

Mysterious Trickster

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
*hope beyond hope*
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

... they have thrown them into Alchemy, which is a feature that requires you to destroy limited items and spend tens and hundreds of millions of gold just to reach level ten...

To be fair, getting to level ten in alchemy shouldn't cost you more than 25 maybe 30m max (and that's for those who want it quick quick, you could probably manage for 10-15m if you took your time and even less if you were in no rush). It's a lot but it's the price of a kitty or something so it isn't outrageous. And you can grind caches/cases, or simply make them by buying components in the MP and selling them for a margin. All in all it's a very attainable goal for pretty much everyone.

So no, putting the wings in alchemy isn't a bad thing. It's debatable whether or not 600m+ crafting costs (again if you don't do any grinding at all) is acceptable. But that's roughly the value of a bear hat and I've seen many people manage that quest from nothing. Whether it be through exchange or making art, etc. etc. Besides, you don't necessarily have to take the item all the way through, you can stop mid way and still get wings. The final forms not being all that appealing to some of us.
Of course this is far from the "attainable by everyone" that gaia had been claiming so far (though technically that's also debatable), but like in any game there are going to be items that are really hard to obtain and people to feel screwed by the system.

I think things have been pretty good since the cache change, and once they fix the formula system the wings would probably be right where they should.

And god knows I've been critical from the start about these.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
_Trock_
To be fair, getting to level ten in alchemy shouldn't cost you more than 25 maybe 30m max (and that's for those who want it quick quick, you could probably manage for 10-15m if you took your time and even less if you were in no rush). It's a lot but it's the price of a kitty or something so it isn't outrageous. And you can grind caches/cases, or simply make them by buying components in the MP and selling them for a margin. All in all it's a very attainable goal for pretty much everyone.

So no, putting the wings in alchemy isn't a bad thing. It's debatable whether or not 600m+ crafting costs (again if you don't do any grinding at all) is acceptable. But that's roughly the value of a bear hat and I've seen many people manage that quest from nothing. Whether it be through exchange or making art, etc. etc. Besides, you don't necessarily have to take the item all the way through, you can stop mid way and still get wings. The final forms not being all that appealing to some of us.
Of course this is far from the "attainable by everyone" that gaia had been claiming so far (though technically that's also debatable), but like in any game there are going to be items that are really hard to obtain and people to feel screwed by the system.

I think things have been pretty good since the cache change, and once they fix the formula system the wings would probably be right where they should.

From what I was told, that's if you buy everything. With the Cache change, you can get most of those components yourself. The only issue I see now is the rarity of some of the formulas. Not the quest formula itself. I think that's fine... but some of the component formulas are more rare than they should be. This wouldn't be a problem if Cases didn't take such a huge amount of garbage to craft.

I'd like to see a Cache fix on the Case.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
_Trock_
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

... they have thrown them into Alchemy, which is a feature that requires you to destroy limited items and spend tens and hundreds of millions of gold just to reach level ten...

I would like to beg to differ. When you destroy items that are not coming into the system fast enough to replace them, you are essentially pushing them to extinction. It does not matter how many Caches and Cases you make using hundreds of their formulas; if there is not one of the cash items for sale by anyone that you need to finish a formula with, you are screwed. The formulas that do not require cash items, such as component formulas, are better to focus on, but when those formulas are not at all common and you have hundreds of users going after the same formulas, it does not matter if all of the components for them are one gold each on the MP; the fact remains those formulas are now worth millions of gold just to obtain unless you are lucky enough to pull one from its respective source.

The Quest formulas call for finite Dernier Cri items that have not been in the store for way over a year. Creating Gray Body Dye is not at all near the level of obtaining that Lionback fish; at least I can keep fishing all day without fish disappearing like bugs do after a certain amount of time collecting in Towns and all I need is a total of one thousand of a large fish to trade up and not tens of thousands of certain bugs for the Dye.

The formulas for certain necessary components to make the wings are skyrocketing in price like nobody's business. It helps nothing when those formulas are uncommon or rare and are found in either the Golden Magical Giftbox or Case, both of which are not worth the amount of bugs, flowers, or trash anymore when compared to the Cache. If Gaia would make the necessary changes to those two formulas to reflect that of the Cache (and that includes the recent change to the Cache itself), introduced those certain Dernier Cri items back into that shoppe and kept both them and the shoppe itself around permanently, something small, but significant, is done about obtaining White Ink (maybe reducing the amount of Green, Red, and Blue Inks required to make just one of them), and the crafting cost and/or the success rates altered so no one spends tens of millions on fails on just one formula alone, all would be right for the Quest formulas. Them making it so that infinite items on site (gold shoppe items, zOMG! loot, Towns trash, etc.) are used in alternate paths for the formulas that require Cash items would alleviate the pressure on the limited items being destroyed and never being replenished would turn Alchemy right-side up and make it a lot more tolerable. At that point, the only complaints would be about wanting more items and components to craft and about any glitches that occur within the system, for the most part.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
_Trock_
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

Obtainable goal for pretty much anyone? 25-30 million? I haven't made that total and I've been a member since 04. It's obtainable, sure, if you devote you life to gaia and empty your bank account and wallet into it. Of course assuming that by the time you make all this gold that there's still some of those rare out of prirt and not reissued components left.
KaguraOfTheWind
_Trock_
Opera Phantomess
RecklessNHigh

Obtainable goal for pretty much anyone? 25-30 million? I haven't made that total and I've been a member since 04. It's obtainable, sure, if you devote you life to gaia and empty your bank account and wallet into it. Of course assuming that by the time you make all this gold that there's still some of those rare out of prirt and not reissued components left.

You're conveniently disregarding my comments in parenthesis. 25-30m are for lazy people in a hurry. Heck I'm lazy and went pretty fast in my leveling and I doubt I even hit 25m, I'll have to do my math. Like I said you could probably get away with it for much cheaper.

But even if it did cost 30m. Any lvl 1 with a bit of gold can make cases/caches. If you take the cases as of today. They would cost roughly 300k to make and would sell for roughly 450k (caches give off pretty much the same gain, you just do more).
You don't need to be a hardcore player, it only takes 10mn of checking/buying components in the morning and 10mn in the afternoon. If prices stayed the same and you were doing your homework diligently, I reckon it would probably only be a matter of.. say 3-4 months before you had your 30m. Not that you even need that much.
And that's just one of so many things you can do.

Also, I see the the "not-reissued" component thing a lot but it's not much of an issue when leveling for one. And does anyone have an example of struggling because of this? (and I'm not talking about price, I'm talking about there not having been one for sale for at least a month if not two).
This has been a wait-and-see for me. No use complaining until you actually hit the obstacle. + They might re-release by then.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
I've got to ask, can we please have the alchemy formulas tiered too? Whatever level you're on you get that level formula or below? That'd make this nightmare not so terrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff