Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Legal bump.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I hate that backwings were reserved only for the 'Elite' on Gaia. And by 'Elite', you mean, 'Users with a couple tons of gold.'

Users with a couple of tons of gold already got their rewards; every other item on Gaia. Way to reward effort of another sort, Gaia!

Oh. Wait. stare I forgot, you ARE rewarding people other than just the extremely rich. The extremely lucky! Wooooooooo~

.... You know what, ******** this, ******** your system, ******** backwings, and ******** alchemy. But mostly, ******** your complete and utter lack of communication and your complete and utter lack of care about your general userbase. I'm done.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Legal bump.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Ok I've been mulling over this for a while, but I recall seeing somewhere the argument that releasing the wings a different way would cause problems to the crafters because they spent all the gold and time In Crafting and it wouldn't be fair... Or something to that extent.

Now I ask this question. Didn't they basically do the same thing with the kitten stars? They were supposed to be a specific rig pet and their rarity was part of the reason they were so coveted. Now that these animals have been brought in to the alchemy system AND rereleased I other RIGs it has messed with their rarity effectively doing the same thing they are so adamant against about for the wings.

Just my take on things.. Take it or leave it!

Spicy Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
I just recently got interested in using Alchemy, so maybe I'm not understanding it all, but....

I was going to try to craft Formula 1 Underland, which requires 1o War Medals. The War Medals, from what I could tell, came from a RIG that is no longer available in the Cash Shop. And I am not going to buy that RIG to try to open it & hope to get 1o War Medals, even if I did have oodles of gold to spend.

So I checked the marketplace to find that there was only 1 available. And just my luck someone bought it before I did. x_x At the moment, I have no idea as to how I would be able to craft that item.

I think Alchemy is a great idea & I'm all for it, but maybe the items that we should be using could be stuff that comes out of the gold shops (it would be a nice gold sink) & maybe add items into Daily Chance & Dumpster Dive or from items we could pick up in zOMG! or playing booty grab when we catch Enki's Catch. Or even add new boxes into Booty Grab that would contain items that we could use.

I don't think that we should have to use items that comes from RIGs because there are a limited amount & the chance that we won't be able to craft the item & have to try again.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Unsolved Mystery
I just recently got interested in using Alchemy, so maybe I'm not understanding it all, but....

I was going to try to craft Formula 1 Underland, which requires 1o War Medals. The War Medals, from what I could tell, came from a RIG that is no longer available in the Cash Shop. And I am not going to buy that RIG to try to open it & hope to get 1o War Medals, even if I did have oodles of gold to spend.

So I checked the marketplace to find that there was only 1 available. And just my luck someone bought it before I did. x_x At the moment, I have no idea as to how I would be able to craft that item.

I think Alchemy is a great idea & I'm all for it, but maybe the items that we should be using could be stuff that comes out of the gold shops (it would be a nice gold sink) & maybe add items into Daily Chance & Dumpster Dive or from items we could pick up in zOMG! or playing booty grab when we catch Enki's Catch. Or even add new boxes into Booty Grab that would contain items that we could use.

I don't think that we should have to use items that comes from RIGs because there are a limited amount & the chance that we won't be able to craft the item & have to try again.

We are in agreement. Leave cash shop exclusives out of alchemy.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Unsolved Mystery

Yeah, we've had that discussion here before and pretty much all agree.

At least with RIG fails, many of them are re-released as fails in new RIGs, so there's a small constant supply. But they we also crazy enough to include RETIRED cash shop items as formula components, so unless they put those items back in the shop, there is a totally fixed supply that will eventually run out. Not to mention that one of the formulas that uses MULTIPLE retired CS items happens to make an item (Ania's Wedding Gown) that is available at Edmund's for 100k emotion_facepalm

Also, the War Medals are from the Underland RIG. So even if you got 10 of them and made the RIG, you could easily end up playing the RIG and wind up winning 1 War Medal, meaning you destroyed 9 items for absolutely no reason. And most (if not all) RIG formulas use fail items from the RIG that you are trying to make.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Guys...at ATA today I read they are working on Alchemy after some update they're currently dealing with.

They also admitted that the formulas are bass ackwards and are in dire need of correction.

So we've gotten through that the system is massively dysfunctional. If you want to scream "give me proof" please just go read the ATA 4/16/12!

Happy Tuesday! emotion_kirakira

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Rizuzua
Guys...at ATA today I read they are working on Alchemy after some update they're currently dealing with.

They also admitted that the formulas are bass ackwards and are in dire need of correction.

So we've gotten through that the system is massively dysfunctional. If you want to scream "give me proof" please just go read the ATA 4/16/12!

Yeah, there's supposed to be something new with Alchemy coming out this week.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
marshmallowcreampie
Rizuzua

Yeah, there's supposed to be something new with Alchemy coming out this week.

3nodding

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
*debates on whether or not I should jump up cheering "YAY!" or mope under the covers with my fingers crossed hoping things are actually improved or are revealed to eventually be improved*

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I'm intrigued, but I won't give much opinion on it until the cache update happens. Have to see it in action for a few days before it can be judged.

Jeering Gaian

Andromeda Phoenix
*debates on whether or not I should jump up cheering "YAY!" or mope under the covers with my fingers crossed hoping things are actually improved or are revealed to eventually be improved*

I'd do the latter. According to these two posts, it's essentially RIGception:

Quote:
Yes, that's one of the first things we're doing. The new PC item will still randomly pick an item, but those items will be "bags" which you can then pick an item out of. It reduces some of the element of chance, but not all. The unopened bags can also be bought and sold in the Marketplace. We're hoping to release this very shortly.

This is just the first step. Working on the next steps...

Quote:
We split them up by value for the most part. So the highest probability bag will be the lower end items and the lowest probability bag will be higher end items. I'm not sure if there was a theme for each bag.... but yeah that was sort of the idea.

Quote:
No, it's a chance item and then a bag item which has a set of items you can choose from. Chance -> Choice. If you don't get the right bag, throw it up on the MP and get the one you need wink .

So basically, if I understand it right, the new system will be like this: You make a cache, and then you open it as normal. Upon opening you will be presented, randomly, with one of 3 bags. For ease sake I'll call them Common, Uncommon, and Rare bags. The Common bags will have the dirt cheap crap we all have easy access to because the items aren't used in crap, or are used in formulas with rare stuff, so we can't use them anyway. The Uncommon bags will have middle of the road stuff, things I'd assume would be in the current 20-150k price range. And finally, the Rare bags would have the stuff people actually need. Except since it's a rare bag, it won't show up very often.

What this means is that those such as Constipated Trillionaire will then be able to just go buy rare bags so that the group can finally finish the "quest". The rest of us see largely no change in component availability because the results are still initially randomized. From what was stated there, the rarity is not changing at all. What is changing is the delivery method. Sure, there's an element of choice, but the rare components will still be just as rare because the bags will have different rarities. It's really just the appearance that's changing.

Unfortunately, DARKNRGY's claim of "If you don't get the right bag, throw it up on the MP and get the one you need" won't really work because the Common bags will be far cheaper. They did state, after all, that the bags were separated by value. The Common and Uncommon bags will be a lot cheaper than the Rare bags. So, if you need some Seawater for your Jellyfish Dress and can't get them because other people are buying them for Backwings or whatever else, you still won't be able to get them after this. At least, not any easier. You can already sell some rare component that you get from the current caches to go buy another. Sure, there might be just a few more Seawaters out there because people can directly pick them from the Rare bag, but that doesn't make the rare components any more plentiful as a whole. It's another bandaid.

To be fair, they say there are other steps. But frankly, these bandaid steps aren't going to fix the system, in my opinion. If my interpretation of the planned system is incorrect, I'd love anyone with the knowledge of this change to feel free to correct me (assuming you are allowed to).

Tipsy Smoker

They're adamant against taking user suggestion and they're still trying to fix things their way.

Devoted Darling

Almandaragal
*snip*
emotion_facepalm

It's really a one step forward five steps back thing they have going for this. *sigh*

Dapper Noob

5,850 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
So...basically nothing's changed except that they may have actually managed to find a way to make it even MORE of a pain in the a**?

Gaia, what part of people being sick and tired of your bullshit chance system do you not understand?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff