• Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
NICE IN LIP x L
Andromeda Phoenix
NICE IN LIP x L
*snip*
Andromeda Phoenix
I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

It really seems like this is the case here, they've known from the start we've been unhappy with how Alchemy has been handled but they just won't fix it right as they apparently can't see that it has anything wrong with it.

Seriously. This is crazy. I'm waiting for the moment I start denying this whole alchemy issue exists. No normal workers act this blind towards a situation this bad.
It really is. There is no excuse they can give to make their choice at all seem rational.

I'm also thinking that they might see stuff is wrong, but don't want to admit it this far in they are wrong so are just going with their initial statements and pretending things are fine and dandy.
And if that is the case, if they just manned up about it in the first place, they wouldn't have to find a way to redeem themselves, which is what they'll have to do if this fiasco is ever resolved.

I also see this a few years down the line (if gaia lasts that long with the rate it's going) taking the route of Phing Phang, where they finally took users suggestion to have some fish cost gold like they should have in the first place.

Funniest part about this is that this situation shouldn't even be like this. Last time I remember users this collectively annoyed is the cig ban and that got fixed real quick. And if they're not going to take any of our advice any more if one can even say they took any of it, at least say so instead of lying and bullshitting users like we're all stupid. And if they are gonna take it, let us know they are, tell us they're working on it. Dev updates are right there. If they can chuck Bidblast updates in there, I'm sure they can chuck out Alchemy update progress.

Peaceful Demon

Eddie E-X
Virgo Whiskers
So glad I've never cared much for backwings. I honestly feel terrible for those that have wanted them for the past (almost) 9 years. What a terrible thing to do to your users, Gaia. Seriously.

This.

I agree. So many people just want a nice pair of plain backwings, myself included. I figured Gaia was trying (for the past eight years) to think of the fairest way to grant them without it being too easy to obtain, but...

I don't even know what this is. I just don't-- I can't-- why? Nobody except obsessive exchangers and people with tons of cash to throw around will ever be able to attain these with alchemy the way it is right now.

Having been with you since late '03, Gaia, I am really let down.

Dangerous Visionary

Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Miss-dark8607
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Wouldn't it be fun if we could set an impossible task for the staff. (Something other than making the entire site happy that is.) Something they really want but have pretty much no chance of ever doing. Something they would have to jump through hoops and bleed out a little gaian avatar ink to manage. Just so they could be put into our shoes and see how we feel.

Yes and they must webcast there pain as well. emotion_dowant

For the record I am normally against the whole "eye for the eye" but when people CHOOSE to so blinded by their mistakes or get overly cocky then yeah they need a good kick in the pants in order to snap out it.

Well I wasn't even really thinking of it as an eye for an eye...just putting them in our shoes for once.

I know but still. gonk

Dangerous Visionary

Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL. emotion_awesome Alchemist's Case rose to one million in the MP with only two listings. Please tell me how anyone is ever going to obtain these Quest formulas besides BidBlast again?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

FUUUUUUUUU! I had that for free via Daily chance I think and sold it within two weeks I think I got 150K off the market for it. Damn maybe I should have horded that crap after all. Oh well.

Visionary

Bravo. /claps
I gave up once I saw they were released via Alchemy.
I think I'll just stick to my Phoenix wings. I'm happy with them.

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Good thing I'm not a fan of wings.
Still... s**t, that's terrible.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
The Undead Suitor
The moment the words "They've been in the Alchemist's Case the entire time" slipped out of artist lips I knew we were ********.

The odds must be microscopic for it to be un-found for almost a year. And yet the artists see nothing wrong with that.
Out of the artist lips?
They told us where the wing formulas have been?!
I must have missed this ._.

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Since there is nothing I love more than spending hours and hours of time collecting ingredients for alchemist cases, only to open it and find an utterly worthless formula, and then having to repeat the process 10000000 times to get backwings, I'm in love! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

... Oh wait. No. No, I don't like that. Not at all. Especially when I'm still trying to craft pihilosopher's caches so I might have the components I need to actually craft.... well, anything.

The whole system is ********, and based on, not skill, not hard work from users, but sheer and random luck. ********. That. s**t. If I work hard, I should be able to earn what I want, not cross my fingers and hope blindly for a chance.

Divine Muse

The artists need to beta test their own s**t, no staff perks and no poofing themselves gold or items and see how workable it is.

Then again they could also always use alchemy systems from video games or other online sites as a base.

You know, things that have been PROVEN to work?
Y'know, I've been pretty forgiving of the Alchemy system, but this was a really shitty move. Maybe it's my fault for being under the impression that, while the formula would be level 10 AND insanely hard to finish, I never thought the formula itself would also be ridiculously rare and expensive. Since so many people have wanted these over the years, I assumed it wouldn't be terribly difficult to simply start the "quest".

While they've shown that they're listening to users and have repeatedly tweaked the system (for which I give them some credit), they're also proving they prefer to keep things incredibly difficult/expensive for the average user. If they change things, it isn't without a ton of bitching from the users and, in a case like this, I still don't see why users should have to do that. A lot of the changes made (easier low level formulas, using game/zOMG items, etc...) should have been common sense and there from the start, but why weren't they? And the more formulas I see being released, the more I also believe the system is based much too heavily on chance--even crafting an item after acquiring the necessary ingredients requires chance!

I see this move as yet another [extreme] example of this way of doing things and it's disappointing to say the least. I still maintain that this system has a lot of potential, but it's like every step they take just ruins it and what few tweaks they make don't offset the bigger problems. If it's about them being too stubborn/proud to admit they were wrong, what's so hard about adjusting the system and keeping their mouths shut about why they did it? I don't need or want apologies and excuses from them, just fix the damn system.

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I'm not surprised. I saw this coming and it SUCKS.
Basically... 5 people on this site will get them :/ And I'm being completely serious.

Sexy Assailant

The reason the Cig Ban got fixed real quick was because it wasn't authorized by the entire team. A couple of devs went rogue and tried to enforce their beliefs on others.

Andromeda Phoenix
NICE IN LIP x L
Andromeda Phoenix
NICE IN LIP x L
*snip*
Andromeda Phoenix
I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

It really seems like this is the case here, they've known from the start we've been unhappy with how Alchemy has been handled but they just won't fix it right as they apparently can't see that it has anything wrong with it.

Seriously. This is crazy. I'm waiting for the moment I start denying this whole alchemy issue exists. No normal workers act this blind towards a situation this bad.
It really is. There is no excuse they can give to make their choice at all seem rational.

I'm also thinking that they might see stuff is wrong, but don't want to admit it this far in they are wrong so are just going with their initial statements and pretending things are fine and dandy.
And if that is the case, if they just manned up about it in the first place, they wouldn't have to find a way to redeem themselves, which is what they'll have to do if this fiasco is ever resolved.

I also see this a few years down the line (if gaia lasts that long with the rate it's going) taking the route of Phing Phang, where they finally took users suggestion to have some fish cost gold like they should have in the first place.

Funniest part about this is that this situation shouldn't even be like this. Last time I remember users this collectively annoyed is the cig ban and that got fixed real quick. And if they're not going to take any of our advice any more if one can even say they took any of it, at least say so instead of lying and bullshitting users like we're all stupid. And if they are gonna take it, let us know they are, tell us they're working on it. Dev updates are right there. If they can chuck Bidblast updates in there, I'm sure they can chuck out Alchemy update progress.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Jora Nora
The reason the Cig Ban got fixed real quick was because it wasn't authorized by the entire team. A couple of devs went rogue and tried to enforce their beliefs on others.

Yea I know, but the optimistic part of me cannot believe that every single member of staff is just fine with users being this angry over something staff members have stupidly done.

Divine Muse

Andromeda Phoenix
Jora Nora

Yea I know, but the optimistic part of me cannot believe that every single member of staff is just fine with users being this angry over something staff members have stupidly done.

It's not that every single staff member is fine with it, it is what exactly can other staff members do about it?

They aren't exactly the bosses. . . . . .

I know for a fact that some of them are not fine with this at all but they can't do crap about it.

Sexy Assailant

Some of the programmers are/were telling the artists to stfu and get over it, but apparently their word is just as powerful as the average user in terms of Alchemy.

Andromeda Phoenix
Jora Nora

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff