Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
ninitan
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL. emotion_awesome Alchemist's Case rose to one million in the MP with only two listings. Please tell me how anyone is ever going to obtain these Quest formulas besides BidBlast again?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

With several million gold, that's how. Alchemy is Gaia's gift to the super rich users -- it finally gives them the power to own items that 99% of the userbase will never, ever be able to have. That is literally what it is. Alchemy was never meant for us. Not ever.

You know what I thought alchemy was going to be? A thing where everyone has an equal chance of crafting items. A thing where people would earn ingredients by playing games and participating in the community. A thing where it wouldn't matter if you had 1 billion or 1 gold, you could still craft items, all you had to do was work for the ingredients.

Welp!!!

More like several billion at this rate.

Same here. It makes no sense any of the users, yet it somehow makes sense to those that made Alchemy what it is.

Opera Phantomess
ninitan
Opera Phantomess

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL. emotion_awesome Alchemist's Case rose to one million in the MP with only two listings. Please tell me how anyone is ever going to obtain these Quest formulas besides BidBlast again?

With several million gold, that's how. Alchemy is Gaia's gift to the super rich users -- it finally gives them the power to own items that 99% of the userbase will never, ever be able to have. That is literally what it is. Alchemy was never meant for us. Not ever.

You know what I thought alchemy was going to be? A thing where everyone has an equal chance of crafting items. A thing where people would earn ingredients by playing games and participating in the community. A thing where it wouldn't matter if you had 1 billion or 1 gold, you could still craft items, all you had to do was work for the ingredients.

Welp!!!

More like several billion at this rate.

Same here. It makes no sense any of the users, yet it somehow makes sense to those that made Alchemy what it is.

I said it on the feedback thread and I'll say it again: at least they could be honest about this being for the rich users and stop saying that it's fair. It's seriously insulting.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
ninitan
I said it on the feedback thread and I'll say it again: at least they could be honest about this being for the rich users and stop saying that it's fair. It's seriously insulting.

They really think we are all drooling morons that will believe everything they say so we will just blindly dump money into their pockets like nobody's business. It makes me feel like I am less than a piece of dirt in their eyes.

Opera Phantomess
ninitan

They really think we are all drooling morons that will believe everything they say so we will just blindly dump money into their pockets like nobody's business. It makes me feel like I am less than a piece of dirt in their eyes.

Yep that's exactly what I mean by "insulting". It's just crazy how much they underestimate us, do they think we're all dumb 13 year olds or something? Christ.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
ninitan
Opera Phantomess
ninitan

Yep that's exactly what I mean by "insulting". It's just crazy how much they underestimate us, do they think we're all dumb 13 year olds or something? Christ.

And this is why Gaia will literally cease to exist in the coming months. Costumers do not like to be thought as worthless s**t that are only good to stuff the pockets of those a lot more greedy than them. See, I want people to actually benefit from my services, not the other way around. neutral

Flying Dicks
..As soon as I heard they were going to be released through Alchemy. Unknown to me, however, was the degree and severity of the ******** that had been dealt to us.

So, apparently these formulas have been in the alchemists case all this time. That means the odds are so impossibly low that in the months since alchemy has been released, so few people have obtained them that nobody knew where they came from.

These odds are worse than the odds for a RIG ultra rare. RIGs are out for 2-3 weeks only, and there will be a handful of the ultra rares circulating around.

The Alchemists case has been out for months, and it took a long time for even one of the wing formulas to be found.

Even worse is, just so you didn't "technically" lie, the formula has the word "quest" in it. How nice.

Gaia...
I am glad I gave up on getting the wings as soon as I saw they were gonna be released via Alchemy. I still can't believe you did this though. People have asked for these ever since Gaia existed, and this is what you do. It shows where your loyalty lies. Not with the users who support you... no, certainly not. Because if it was, the wings, while not easily obtainable would at least be a realistic goal to hope for.

Instead, the wings are a formula which we will have to spend countless millions of gold, countless hours of work to obtain and craft. That, or pay some rich guy who bought their way to level 10 our entire account's worth to do it for us.

Gaia has begun to cater almost solely to the ultra elite. The richest, the most "dedicated" users. Nevermind the people who are online every day, posting, discussing, enjoying the site. Nevermind the people supporting the site financially, the people who'd defend the site against any and all criticism. No, all that matters at the end of the day is the amount of fake shiny gold someone is willing to waste on a feature most people can't even use because the staff made it nigh impossible.

The only comfort the "lower class" has are gold shop updates and events. But, pish posh! Only worthless PEASANTS enjoy events and wear gold shop items!

It is clear that Gaia enjoys elitism and the dichotomy it creates between users. They have been subtly encouraging it with RIG ultra rares and now are outright, blatantly encouraging it via Alchemy.

I'm so disappointed Gaia. But who am I kidding... you don't care about me. My fake wallet isn't fat enough, nor is my real wallet fat enough to pad the fake one.
And that means I'm not to be considered by you, apparently. Nor are any of the people who actually asked for the damned wings in the first place.

Anyone who wants to rip into me about using the word "us", it refers to myself and my imaginary friends, obviously.
it would be better if the were releashed as monthy collectables
This makes me sad and angry all at once. I was sooo happy when I first saw the shadowed outlines of the wings. Now, they're in Alchemy. I never use it. It sucks. I've been on this site for years and all I want is backwings. And they do this. Thanks Gaia. Thanks for shitting on your users. AGAIN. Like you ALWAYS do.

Desirable Genius

8,500 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Everything that is right or reasonable pleads for separation.

Well im not dissappointed or surpised either.
I mean Alchemy is for the Hardcore.
but that is nicely said.

The blood of the slain, the weeping voice of nature cries, 'tis time to part.

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
RoChan
Zuko Sozin
why does this have to be so ******** difficult in the first place
i cant think of a single avatar site that doesnt have basic angelic/demonic wings
and most were released just as their monthly items and they dont have to crawl through piles of s**t to get them
      â™”XIt's because Gaians asked for it to be challenging. They didn't want the wings to just be handed to them, they wanted to earn it. At this point I'm just like F'k it, just give me some damn wings in the GS and be done with it. It's not worth all the trouble that both Gaia and Gaians have had to go through.

gaians only asked for it to be challenging because they were told it would be through a quest system
if this quest system had never been mentioned they would have been released in a donation letter or in the gold shops just like every other basic item in existence
no one would have complained

Devoted Darling

I don't know why I surprised this has taken this turn. You'd think the one item most everyone has been wanting, and that every other similar site has already wouldn't take such a terrible route to show up here.
It's disgusting they tacked the word 'quest' onto the formula.

I certainly hope they will change this issue, because this is just a terrible way to handle this situation as is.

Andromeda Phoenix
I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

It really seems like this is the case here, they've known from the start we've been unhappy with how Alchemy has been handled but they just won't fix it right as they apparently can't see that it has anything wrong with it.

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I am of the mind to say that they have made whores of us. They said "Let us ******** you up the a** and then you pay US". -but you know what? You should do what the z!forum did in October, get a whole list of questions that can't be danced around for the ATA and make them uncomfortable for a chance. I can honestly say we forced them to give us some answers and that Panagrammic even sticky posted a thread at the top of the z!forum. Ask ONLY Alchemy questions & make sure you have a slew of literate different Gaians doing the asking.

I came here for the community, plot-originality, and with the knowledge that if I wanted an item; I could work for it a couple of months and not have to sell my body, blood, and soul to get it. Whatever direction this site is headed in I don't really feel it deserves the name of Gaia any longer. I'm actively looking for a place that has the feel a site formerly known as Gaia used to.

Now someone rec a site to me please! This one is on probation.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
NICE IN LIP x L
*snip*
Andromeda Phoenix
I'm really starting to think this is just a giant case of Staff having worked so hard on creating a feature that they refuse to believe it's really really broken. It's like they've so much pride in this feature that they can't even grasp the fact so many users have a problem with it.

It really seems like this is the case here, they've known from the start we've been unhappy with how Alchemy has been handled but they just won't fix it right as they apparently can't see that it has anything wrong with it.

Seriously. This is crazy. I'm waiting for the moment I start denying this whole alchemy issue exists. No normal workers act this blind towards a situation this bad.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Okay, Gaia. I'll repeat this as many times as I have to: You're not getting a single cent out of me until you fix the mess you've created. No more free offers, no more actual money.

To Gaia's artists: Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that you make everything so damn rare because you want people to admire your art. Well if you want more people to admire it maybe you should make it less rare. "I worked my a** off to make this so you better SUFFER" doesn't make sense either. I have a deviantART which I put my art up on. It's really easy to see it, and -*gasp*- it's available for free download, not a ridiculous fee. Guess what? I worked my a** off too. I guess the logic of someone who can't even label their work correctly is radically different from mine.

Also, with this "ridiculous amounts of gold" thing that alchemy requires, you're encouraging botting. I know that some gaians will become frustrated with the amount of gold they need to spend, and resort to botting. I know that's definitely NOT what you wanted with alchemy.

I'd write more, but it's 1:40 a.m. right now.

Devoted Darling

Andromeda Phoenix
NICE IN LIP x L
*snip*
Andromeda Phoenix

Seriously. This is crazy. I'm waiting for the moment I start denying this whole alchemy issue exists. No normal workers act this blind towards a situation this bad.
It really is. There is no excuse they can give to make their choice at all seem rational.

I'm also thinking that they might see stuff is wrong, but don't want to admit it this far in they are wrong so are just going with their initial statements and pretending things are fine and dandy.
And if that is the case, if they just manned up about it in the first place, they wouldn't have to find a way to redeem themselves, which is what they'll have to do if this fiasco is ever resolved.

This is the most pathetic stunt they've pulled thus far |:
    Those wings better ******** blind me with their beauty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff