Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
why does this have to be so ******** difficult in the first place
i cant think of a single avatar site that doesnt have basic angelic/demonic wings
and most were released just as their monthly items and they dont have to crawl through piles of s**t to get them

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Miss-dark8607
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Wouldn't it be fun if we could set an impossible task for the staff. (Something other than making the entire site happy that is.) Something they really want but have pretty much no chance of ever doing. Something they would have to jump through hoops and bleed out a little gaian avatar ink to manage. Just so they could be put into our shoes and see how we feel.

Yes and they must webcast there pain as well. emotion_dowant

For the record I am normally against the whole "eye for the eye" but when people CHOOSE to so blinded by their mistakes or get overly cocky then yeah they need a good kick in the pants in order to snap out it.

Well I wasn't even really thinking of it as an eye for an eye...just putting them in our shoes for once.
I feel this is appropriate for the alchemy situation.

On a more serious note. I do believe there are some serious problems with this system. I have invested a lot of real money myself to convert to gold just to the buy ingredients necessary to preform alchemy and have yet to succeed for backwings or anything else for that matter.

I find it incredibly frustrating and would like it if they improved on these flaws.

Celestial Pirate

Zuko Sozin
i cant think of a single avatar site that doesnt have basic angelic/demonic wings
and most were released just as their monthly items and they dont have to crawl through piles of s**t to get them
      XIt's because Gaians asked for it to be challenging. They didn't want the wings to just be handed to them, they wanted to earn it. At this point I'm just like F'k it, just give me some damn wings in the GS and be done with it. It's not worth all the trouble that both Gaia and Gaians have had to go through.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
RoChan
Zuko Sozin
      XIt's because Gaians asked for it to be challenging. They didn't want the wings to just be handed to them, they wanted to earn it. At this point I'm just like F'k it, just give me some damn wings in the GS and be done with it. It's not worth all the trouble that both Gaia and Gaians have had to go through.

User Image

When did "Gaians" ask for the wings to be challenging? I only remember hearing the staff say that it needed to be a challenge to get the wings. As far as I've noticed, it seems like most Gaians would've been perfectly content to have the wings available as an MC or comparable item.

User Image

Celestial Pirate

Daffodil the Destroyer
RoChan
Zuko Sozin

User Image

When did "Gaians" ask for the wings to be challenging? I only remember hearing the staff say that it needed to be a challenge to get the wings. As far as I've noticed, it seems like most Gaians would've been perfectly content to have the wings available as an MC or comparable item.

User Image
      XNope. Gaians have been asking for the wings to be challenging since they've been asking for the darn things. You can look back to any thread where any Quest system alluded to possible backwings. Even the beginning threads when Alchemy first started and showed that the wings would be gotten from here you can see Gaian's reactions are positive towards working towards them instead of just being able to get it. Only NOW that alchemy has shown is nearly impossible for any casual or even semi hardcore user does the tune change. :/

Ruthless Survivor

13,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Daffodil the Destroyer
RoChan
Zuko Sozin

User Image

User Image
There was just too much built up to it. First it was "artists can't get them to look alright in the current size avatar box," then it was "we want this to be SPESHUL, we can make fakes and knockoffs but no item can be too close to 'REAL' backwings, for reasons of SPESHUL" then I'm pretty sure it was "...Well after it's been THIS long we can't just hand them out, it'd be anticlimactic..."

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
RoChan
Daffodil the Destroyer
RoChan
Zuko Sozin

User Image

User Image
      XNope. Gaians have been asking for the wings to be challenging since they've been asking for the darn things. You can look back to any thread where any Quest system alluded to possible backwings. Even the beginning threads when Alchemy first started and showed that the wings would be gotten from here you can see Gaian's reactions are positive towards working towards them instead of just being able to get it. Only NOW that alchemy has shown is nearly impossible for any casual or even semi hardcore user does the tune change. :/

User Image

I'll admit I've never been super-invested in the idea of the wings; I figured I'd do the quest when it came along, but didn't really follow along with the hype surrounding them. It seemed to me like the "make it challenging" thing was just a reaction to the artists complaining that they were too hard to make or whatever other BS they were saying. You know, like "Well if it's that hard to make them, then just make us work to get them."

User Image

Sexy Assailant

That's because they know and have known Gaia has been giving their users 'the bird' for years on the subject and decided to make it a selling point to lure people away from the crapshoot gaia has become.

Zuko Sozin

And RoChan: Users wanted to earn it, not make it challengingly impossible. Most realists said that it probably would end up as challenging and they were right. And Alchemy is based on chance and those with literally billions to spend.

Celestial Pirate

Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

I'll admit I've never been super-invested in the idea of the wings; I figured I'd do the quest when it came along, but didn't really follow along with the hype surrounding them. It seemed to me like the "make it challenging" thing was just a reaction to the artists complaining that they were too hard to make or whatever other BS they were saying. You know, like "Well if it's that hard to make them, then just make us work to get them."

User Image
      XI am not either. I want them if they look nice, if not then I'll pass. I also won't have minded working for them either but there's a reason why Gaia did try to make it challenging. Did they monkey paw it? Yes. Then again they always do and it shouldn't have been any surprise. All I can say at this point is I want some nice looking backwings in the GS so that anyone can obtain them regardless of when they join. This whole alchemy things has just made me throw up my hands in resignation.

Celestial Pirate

Jora Nora
That's because they know and have known Gaia has been giving their users 'the bird' for years on the subject and decided to make it a selling point to lure people away from the crapshoot gaia has become.

Zuko Sozin

And RoChan: Users wanted to earn it, not make it challengingly impossible. Most realists said that it probably would end up as challenging and they were right. And Alchemy is based on chance and those with literally billions to spend.
      XOh I agree with you, but Zuko asked why it had to be challenging in the first place and that's because Gaians wanted it to be. They didn't want to obtain it easily which is where the root of the problem lies. If we had just all asked for the things to be stuck in a GS update we may have gotten a different result... MAYBE.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
RoChan
Jora Nora

Zuko Sozin

XOh I agree with you, but Zuko asked why it had to be challenging in the first place and that's because Gaians wanted it to be. They didn't want to obtain it easily which is where the root of the problem lies. If we had just all asked for the things to be stuck in a GS update we may have gotten a different result... MAYBE.

User Image

If we'd asked for it to be in a GS update, we'd probably have just gotten it included as a rare item in a RIG. Of course... that might still be better than what we have now. emotion_omnomnom

User Image

Celestial Pirate

Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

If we'd asked for it to be in a GS update, we'd probably have just gotten it included as a rare item in a RIG. Of course... that might still be better than what we have now. emotion_omnomnom

User Image
      XThat or we would have gotten it stuck in Dernier Cri with like a 1 billion gold price tag and rotating out after 2 days and only showing up in the shop once a year. emotion_facepalm

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL. emotion_awesome Alchemist's Case rose to one million in the MP with only two listings. Please tell me how anyone is ever going to obtain these Quest formulas besides BidBlast again?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL. emotion_awesome Alchemist's Case rose to one million in the MP with only two listings. Please tell me how anyone is ever going to obtain these Quest formulas besides BidBlast again?

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

With several million gold, that's how. Alchemy is Gaia's gift to the super rich users -- it finally gives them the power to own items that 99% of the userbase will never, ever be able to have. That is literally what it is. Alchemy was never meant for us. Not ever.

You know what I thought alchemy was going to be? A thing where everyone has an equal chance of crafting items. A thing where people would earn ingredients by playing games and participating in the community. A thing where it wouldn't matter if you had 1 billion or 1 gold, you could still craft items, all you had to do was work for the ingredients.

Welp!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces