Welcome to Gaia! ::

Assimilated Wolf

Jayce Reinhardt
Keiko-Rin
Pinque Von Fluffendorken

I don't care if they were as hard to pixel as it was for Michelangelo to paint the Sistine chapel, the point is that they will never be able to equate the difficulty to pixel the item ONE time as it is going to be collectively hard for the few people out of the masses to actually get them. It's not like they have to pixel a separate pair of wings for every user. They had to do it ONE TIME for everyone.

Lol, Well that, and like i pointed out before as well- How many examples of wings do we have on this site? Some of them are even fairly complicated.

-but seriously. Generic Angelic Backwings are harder to pixelate than this?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/47941

There are other examples, too lazy to find them. xP
Point is- I don't buy it. Nice try, Gaia.

Even Gaia's "sister site" Gonline has backwings.

http://www.gonline.com/gaia/shopping.php?key=oampawqffpaprqep

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And they haven't been around for nearly as long as the Gaia Online. As I understand, Gonline users didn't have to go through any bullshit to get them. They just had to be there. This is embarrassing.

Tiny Shapeshifter

dozenrats
I feel bad for Pepper also. Is Pan (Panagrammic) still working for Gaia? He doesn't seem to be around anymore. Was he involved in Alchemy?
Pan's still around, probably won't be going anywhere soon (what with that ornament thing from last event), unless he decides to leave Gaia himself. I don't know whether he's involved or not, but he is a part of the dev team. Honestly, my issue is more toward the higher ups since they're the folks you would want to run things through with before implementing (especially with a feature this big).

Now, I know why there's this whole "rare" chance/possibility that's going on in play here, what with all the components and formulas going around, but the number requirement being asked of might be the main thing that's hurting it the most right now.

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Flying Dicks

I think they used that inventory post thing that exchangers use, the one that makes an item from your inventory show above your post. I never saw the original thread though and it was at least a month ago... My friend was pretty upset about it.

I agree that they may have been lying.. I mean who knows... but there are supposedly other ways to get formulas, DC and stuff.

___________User Image___________
вυт ∂ση'т ℓσσк ∂σωη вє¢αυѕє, ι ∂ση'т кησω, ƒαℓℓιηg ιѕ ƒαтαℓ ƒяσм тнιѕ нєιgнт

Okay, seems legit-ish.

@^@ That's such a bad way to put stuff into circulation. I collect the DC every day, about twice. I have only ONCE gotten anything Alchemy related, and it was one of the more common things. I hate chance, I really do. Not everyone is bathed in luck.

ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн
________ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн________
User Image

Dapper Codger

2,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
They should've made these damn wings years ago. The only reason they changed their minds about the method to obtaining them was because it became convenient to do so. When things first started, who would've imagined that Gaia would become so item centric and concerned about profit margins? Back wings really aren't that special in and of themselves, but they DID promise that every user would be able to get them. Suddenly back wings are a way to get money and they can break that promise.

I'd be disappointed if Gaia hadn't been heading in this direction for a while now. Don't even care about wings anymore myself. Good luck to those elite willing to jump through the hoops to get them. I'd kill to be a fly on the wall at HQ one day just so I can see the things the staff must be saying to each other that makes stuff like this ok.

Invisible Noob

Dear Gaia,

It's not that hard to Photoshop a pair of wings on an avatar. Hell, even I can do that. So please, do not release the wings, if you're going to release them to milk the elite out of their endless amounts of money, and so they can rub it on our faces that they have said wings.

We are not asking for angelic halos here, which you cannot re-release. We are asking for a pair of gorgeous wings that are affordable and obtainable for all.

Please, what ever you do with said wings, how ever you plan to release them, please, PLEASE, don't do it because of money. Dot it because you care about ALL of us.

Sincerely

random-peasant and users

Mega Cat

11,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
♥ Ϙuesting Kitten Star 35k // 4 mill ♥

I can't agree more with the OP. I am seriously disappointed with Alchemy. I remember being excited when it came out, not only for the backwings, but I just liked the idea. Crafting cool new items? Yes. I will have to spend a bit of gold to make them, so the items still stay rare? Understandable.

But I have a Level 1 formula for a Chicken Suit. It will cost me at least 7 mill to make an item that, based on looks, would probably not be worth more than 1k. Come on Gaia, that's just ridiculous.

I also want to know what kind of "hardcore" users are going to be able to do this. I'm on Gaia from 9 - 5 every day, posting and such. But even I am unable to do more, Alchemy-wise, than those special golden giftboxes that need paper and bugs.

Come on, Gaia. If Level 1 formulas are that impossible, then what makes you think we're really going to bother with impossible-to-find formulas that will likely require us to practically sell our bodies to this site to create? No thanks, Gaia.

TumblrCommission meWebcomicDeviantART

Familiar Phantom

I don't feel bad for Pepper-Tea. This is her baby as much as it is every other artist working on it, and they dun ******** up.

I've been doing a little countdown since Alchemy started, waiting to see exactly when threads would pop up in SF demanding that the ones in charge of Alchemy either be fired or step down.

I fully expected that to happen about a month ago, and it hasn't happened yet. Which means that Gaia's userbase is being remarkably more patient and tolerant of this Alchemy fiasco then they've been about past ********. They've been downright polite and understanding in comparison to the time Gaia put a 2% tax on the MP.

Gaia's artist team need to stop being chickenshits and start rebuilding the trust they broke with Gaia's populace.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I could certainly understand feeling sorry for artists if this feature first came out, but it's been like half a year. They asked for our feedback when alchemy first came out, and they haven't taken one iota of it. At least when you talk to Pan, he'll go "Ok, I get what you're saying. I'll see if I can take it to the higher ups and get some changes". With Pepper you get NONE of that.

We gave her feedback and told her the best course of action would be to change the formulas. Nope. She pretty much spat in our faces giving that bullshit "people are already working on formulas so they won't be changed" response when when alchemy first came out no one was past level ******** one. We even told her if that was her concern, do it quick, and let people know you're doing it before people get too involved into it. Nope!

There's NO communication. No one is saying ANYTHING NEW in terms of what they plan on doing with this to help relieve the situation and at this point, unless for some stupid reason they think that being hush hush about any feedback they have "taken" from us is a smart thing to do, they probably don't plan on changing a thing.

How dare they ask for feedback on something, make loyal gaia users think they're gonna change the flaws and that they care about us and what we think and then not take any of it? Why the hell did you ask? I feel more sorry for Alchemy itself than for the ones behind it. It's just another zOMG. Where lots of people used to play, and then Gaia decided to up the difficulty so the folks who liked to Solo couldn't solo anymore and then that combined with the lack of updates resulted in the amount of people and interest just dropping so now it's being thrown away piece by piece.
I still think there needs to be an outpouring of snail mail. Could you imagine them getting thousands of physical letters or even just postcards at headquarters with suggestions and long essays on alchemy?

Lucky Millionaire

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
Idia
I still think there needs to be an outpouring of snail mail. Could you imagine them getting thousands of physical letters or even just postcards at headquarters with suggestions and long essays on alchemy?

This.

Tipsy Vampire

Gundamu
Jayce Reinhardt

Even Gaia's "sister site" Gonline has backwings.

http://www.gonline.com/gaia/shopping.php?key=oampawqffpaprqep

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And they haven't been around for nearly as long as the Gaia Online. As I understand, Gonline users didn't have to go through any bullshit to get them. They just had to be there. This is embarrassing.

For Gonline, aren't they in the item shops? Where... *gasp*... ANYONE can get them? But that means even the filthy, filthy new and casual users can get their grubby hands all over them! Letting anyone who wants them get them just cheapens every drop of blood, sweat and tears the poor artists put into their creations!

Tipsy Warrior

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
ya couldnt agree with ya more. this is just sad and pathetic and sadly i see this site going the way of neopets :/

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wally_West
I don't feel bad for Pepper-Tea. This is her baby as much as it is every other artist working on it, and they dun ******** up.

I've been doing a little countdown since Alchemy started, waiting to see exactly when threads would pop up in SF demanding that the ones in charge of Alchemy either be fired or step down.

I fully expected that to happen about a month ago, and it hasn't happened yet. Which means that Gaia's userbase is being remarkably more patient and tolerant of this Alchemy fiasco then they've been about past ********. They've been downright polite and understanding in comparison to the time Gaia put a 2% tax on the MP.

Gaia's artist team need to stop being chickenshits and start rebuilding the trust they broke with Gaia's populace.

Agreed.

Pepper doesn't deserve sympathy, she was part of the team who created this mess and as such should be just as accountable as any other member of the team. Am I saying she's to fault alone? No but I do think it's a bit off to post and run rather then dealing with annoyed consumers maturely.

Someone needs to represent the artists and have an actual discourse with the userbase because what they're doing now is cowardly; it's almost a 'if they don't know which of us did this then they can't be too pissed' childish mentality.

Moonlight Faun

15,025 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I agree with everything you said... gaia is really messing up lately... I decided to try to ignore the colesore that is alchemy but its impossible...

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
н є l l г ค เ ร є г

Have I not been too long in the shadows of invention and creation.
As I rightfully behold the flesh, fear of the conscious mind will have you facing away.

[►] This thread seriously needs to be stickied.

I don't really come onto Gaia for its community anymore, I have Ernya for such things.

Gaia needs to change the TOS because Gaia themselves ENCOURAGE trolling.

Just look at some of the items they create.
They also need to crack down on some of the things users post, if other users won't report them that's still not really an excuse.

They need more moderators.
More action needs to be taken.

But of course that's all just my own opinions.

My word and world holds ground and is real.
Your word is like floods of poisoned water, a language spoken with spit from different tongues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff