Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Reen_Luin
Somewhere deep inside my heart I know that the formula calls for an angelic halo. emotion_awesome

Anyway, it just seems to me that recently Gaia has been one step forward, 20 steps back. I cant really see them anymore they are so far back. emotion_8c

To me is almost seems as if they have taken the expectations of having dedicated users to the level of joining a cult. You aren't going to get anywhere unless you drink the purple koolaid and give up all your worldly possessions and time for the love of Gaia, and Gaia alone.
I know. I just recently came back from nearly a year's worth of a hiatus after some issues with Gaia's "customer service" and this is what I stepped into. My husband who had once been active every single day stopped logging on after the rares in RIGs got so out of control. I had also introduced my sister and her husband to Gaia many years ago and they stopped being active because they felt under appreciated because of the elitism being promoted by Gaia even though they were active for years. To be honest, my husband and I use to be pretty good at exchanging. We made several mil fairly quickly without BG so we could finish our quests and start a charity. I know I could technically earn the gold to get the backwings if I *really* wanted to, but honestly I dont feel like wasting my time. If I am not a hardcore enough user from the past 7ish years of using this site on a regular basis and getting other adults to not only join but spend their real money on this site as well, then I guess I just wont be hardcore, so they can keep their koolaid.

Dapper Conventioneer

11,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
The thing I hate is Pepper has been quoted HOW MANY TIMES? With no responnse. If they attempted to talk to us more I feel like people wouldnt be as upset.
But still pissed as ********.

Tricky Shoujo

17,800 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Bookworm 100
emotion_brofist
Well said!

But of course, it won't change anything.

Anxious Survivor

Well said.

I'm not interested in getting the wings, specially not now, but I have been here for a long time, watched how users begged and waited patiently, suggested many great ideas about the wings themselves and how to get them...only to be trolled time and time again by the staff by realeasing almost-angel/devil-wing-but-not-quite in every RIG and cash feature.

And now this.

This is ******** betrayal.

I don't know how a business allows it's employes to treat customers like ******** whiny PEASANTS and do nothing about it. Why are the artists supposedly calling the shots on how rare alchemy items are? Why are you so arrogant that you won't change this broken-a** feature?
Keiko-Rin
Pinque Von Fluffendorken

I don't care if they were as hard to pixel as it was for Michelangelo to paint the Sistine chapel, the point is that they will never be able to equate the difficulty to pixel the item ONE time as it is going to be collectively hard for the few people out of the masses to actually get them. It's not like they have to pixel a separate pair of wings for every user. They had to do it ONE TIME for everyone.

Lol, Well that, and like i pointed out before as well- How many examples of wings do we have on this site? Some of them are even fairly complicated.

-but seriously. Generic Angelic Backwings are harder to pixelate than this?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/47941

There are other examples, too lazy to find them. xP
Point is- I don't buy it. Nice try, Gaia.

Even Gaia's "sister site" Gonline has backwings.

http://www.gonline.com/gaia/shopping.php?key=oampawqffpaprqep

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeker

11,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Sir Twitty
The thing I hate is Pepper has been quoted HOW MANY TIMES? With no responnse. If they attempted to talk to us more I feel like people wouldnt be as upset.
But still pissed as ********]

*nod nod*

I think it's a bit of a joke really, she posts and then doesn't reply to the fallout ...
I know she's probably busy but she probably should have realise the reaction her comment would have caused.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Pilotslover
Sir Twitty
But still pissed as ********]

*nod nod*

I think it's a bit of a joke really, she posts and then doesn't reply to the fallout ...
I know she's probably busy but she probably should have realise the reaction her comment would have caused.

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

This is Pepper-tea we are talking about here, the one who basically stated Alchemy would not change because they actually did what they were being paid to do, and that was to make pixel items for Gaia. Of course she would not have realized the major backlash that post would have created in addition to the backlash already occurring; the people over at HQ who think Alchemy is all lollipops and rainbows have their heads up their asses and cannot hear or see a damn thing wrong. emotion_awesome

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Lucky Millionaire

10,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
Wow.
I have not been on this site as long as most of you folks. A friend referred me and my sister in the summer of 2007. I am not an oldbie, but I watched the Cash Shop go up and was a beta tester for zOMG.
When Gaia cash was made available at Rite Aid, I bought 20 dollars worth for myself and my sister for a year or two. I must have spent around 400$ to this site. More than I care to admit.
Notice my Island? I tried Alchemy. It is a horrible system. I will never do it again.
I have tried every feature. I am worth more gold than I have ever had on this site thanks to GC offers and cards. I know the marketplace well. I have played Gaia through cigarette bans, downed servers and rigged RIGs.

I am lukewarm to the concept of backwings. Artistically, all wings are the same to me. Still, I would like to see them.

But I guess I should know my place on this site. Thank you, Gaia. I now know that I do not mean anything because my real life is more important than pixels on a screen.
Remind me why I left Neopets for you, again?

Tiny Shapeshifter

I feel bad for pepper though. She's just relying info about this alchemy feature, and I truly believe that this is more on a group's decision (not just the artist group now) rather than her getting all the play, you know? It's like she's in Pan's shoes at the moment, just worse since almost everyone find alchemy to be very flawed.

Shirtless Dog

11,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
i want to post something worthy of value but i have no feelings to even post anymore
here gaia just suck my veins
alchemy is free so you can make it balls hard and still argue at least its free but you dont even bother fixing cash s**t like pietro anymore
so if even the cash stuff doesnt get fixed i doubt alchemy ever will
i dont even have the spoons to be angry with you gaia
im just gonna sleep on this post

Shirtless Dog

11,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Yen Quest
I feel bad for pepper though. She's just relying info about this alchemy feature, and I truly believe that this is more on a group's decision (not just the artist group now) rather than her getting all the play, you know? It's like she's in Pan's shoes at the moment, just worse since almost everyone find alchemy to be very flawed.

i'm glad at least pepper TRIES to communicate though. more than can be said for some others. i've always liked her for that.

Tiny Shapeshifter

bedsick
i'm glad at least pepper TRIES to communicate though. more than can be said for some others. i've always liked her for that.
Shedding more light onto a never-changing doomsday... Hope pepper doesn't take what is said about her too personally.

Shirtless Dog

11,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Yen Quest
bedsick
Shedding more light onto a never-changing doomsday... Hope pepper doesn't take what is said about her too personally.

i think by now she is well prepared for these sorts of things, sadly

Shopper

15,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I completely agree with you.
Though I must admit that I am not surprised at all. The whole Alchemy thing is way behind me and somewhere I stopped bothering.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff