Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Voter

They're beautiful, and it'd be great if we could get hijabs or even niqabs that were patterned, beautiful and most importantly respectful.

Before I post pictures, I want to make it known that I am a PAGAN who wears a hair cover. Tichels are Jewish hair covers, which I'd also like to see. The Virgin Mary wore head coverings as well. There are many cultures you can touch with these.

And now for image examples.

Hijab:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Tichel and other styles:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

So you can see, there's a wide variety of styles. colors, and patterns that can be used. And we all need more things to put on our avatar's heads, right? If one of the wigs just aren't cutting it, why not put on a hijab?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I would love to see more variety of head covers, head scarfs, the whole dealio.
And not just in pretty colors and styles, but simple patterns as well.
The Keffiyeh for some more cultural versatility and a different kind of style.

Or just a single scarf to tie in the hair that's not so flowy and polka-dotted like in the gold shops
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Contrasting colors are nice too.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Honestly religion shouldn't even be an issue here. They're lovely colorful items and I'd enjoy seeing them on Gaia. I can see a lot of people finding a use for these, be it for the actual purpose of hiding hair or just color matching. wink

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
OOOOH, I want some sparkly ones with pretty patterns and shiny gold trim and glitter! emotion_kirakira

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I would love this. Seriously.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I don’t see why not, it would be nice to have some more cultural items on Gaia .

Conservative Voter

I'm so excited that people seem to like this so much!

However when it comes to the Keffiya, I have a bit of an issue with that. I would only really support it (and I'm going to get s**t for this) if it were sold in the cash shop and part of the money went to a Palestinian who makes real life Keffiyas.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Adam Weishaupt

However when it comes to the Keffiya, I have a bit of an issue with that. I would only really support it (and I'm going to get s**t for this) if it were sold in the cash shop and part of the money went to a Palestinian who makes real life Keffiyas.
Only reason why I suggested it was because I like the style and if it went into gold shop it would have a variety of colors verses getting 1 or 2 variations in the Cash Shop.

I mean, I'm about getting such things made into pixels on Gaia, not really caring how they come along unless it's something ridiculous in Alchemy.

Conservative Voter

Slick Southpaw
Adam Weishaupt

Only reason why I suggested it was because I like the style and if it went into gold shop it would have a variety of colors verses getting 1 or 2 variations in the Cash Shop.

I mean, I'm about getting such things made into pixels on Gaia, not really caring how they come along unless it's something ridiculous in Alchemy.

I realize that. But I would care and would hope that Gaia would use it as an opportunity to teach people.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Adam Weishaupt
Slick Southpaw
Adam Weishaupt

I realize that. But I would care and would hope that Gaia would use it as an opportunity to teach people.
Right, and it should. But honestly if there's going to be donatin from Gaia, I don't see it going to something so specific as what you have suggested. I know Gaia has done "to write love on her arms" and some of that kind of stuff, but with everything being excruciatingly rare with how Gaia decides to donate, this just seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot.

It just seems like something unnecessarily complicated to the already arduous process of attempting to get artists' attention.
"I only want to see this item if it actually supports X"

is a lot different than "yes I'd like to see these items become available in Gold Shops, RIGs, ect."

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Omg. Yes yes and yes.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I'd actually like those, especially if there were some hats, ears, horns, or headphones layered with. I wear handkerchiefs and scarves a lot IRL.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Pretty. heart

Apocalyptic Fatcat

Lovely...

I do believe it would make a great addition to the gold shops!

O.G. Nerd

Yes! What a good idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas