Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Dog

The event is still infuriating.

Those who don't have a whole lot of money are basically screwed. They're excluded completely.

But that's not my biggest complaint. My big complaint is the fact that paid attacks in the battle mode of the event have a chance at failure. I spent 100k on an attack after waiting 5 minutes (which is incredibly annoying, by the by. that's a sad excuse of an attempt to monetize the event. sorry, but it REALLY is.) and it failed. That's infuriating.

It's fine if you make the FREE attacks have a chance at missing or failing due to healing or death or whatever, but paid attacks should not have this chance. The way the game works is PAINFULLY flawed and that just makes it really frustrating.

Once again I really don't even want to participate in an event. I really, really don't. What's the point?

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Events should like this should always be on a level playing field. Nobody should get an advantage for having more gold or GC to spend. The 5GC moves are a completely joke in my opinion too. It's like Gaia is literally scrounging for pennies.

Celestial Dog

Zandykins
Events should like this should always be on a level playing field. Nobody should get an advantage for having more gold or GC to spend. The 5GC moves are a completely joke in my opinion too. It's like Gaia is literally scrounging for pennies.
The thing is it doesn't even seem that profitable. It's 5 GC. Like why not just sell powerups like they did in the godawful halloween event last year (but yanno. maybe handle it better because the way they did it last year left the event unplayable without GC)

I agree with the level playing field. I'm kind of on the fence since I do 100% understand that we NEED goldsinks. Now that gold gens aren't as common I'm willing to welcome them again but I'm still wary. The gold gens give me the fear that if I participate in gold sinks and dump my money, I'll be poor and left in the dust when the next glod gen comes out and continues to ******** the economy over.

idk in general I wish whoever's been planning the events lately would get some help from someone else because they've just... been really bad and disappointing.
I've been here for 10 years and have never been as disappointed and excluded from events like I am now.
I participated in the ******** Grunny halloween event and still feel more excluded these days

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Q2k
Zandykins
The thing is it doesn't even seem that profitable. It's 5 GC. Like why not just sell powerups like they did in the godawful halloween event last year (but yanno. maybe handle it better because the way they did it last year left the event unplayable without GC)

I agree with the level playing field. I'm kind of on the fence since I do 100% understand that we NEED goldsinks. Now that gold gens aren't as common I'm willing to welcome them again but I'm still wary. The gold gens give me the fear that if I participate in gold sinks and dump my money, I'll be poor and left in the dust when the next glod gen comes out and continues to ******** the economy over.

idk in general I wish whoever's been planning the events lately would get some help from someone else because they've just... been really bad and disappointing.
I've been here for 10 years and have never been as disappointed and excluded from events like I am now.
I participated in the ******** Grunny halloween event and still feel more excluded these days

I think the powerups might have gained more criticism though. Wasn't there a $250 invincibility potion back in the H2k13 event? Gah, I too can't imagine Gaia making much with the 5GC option for those moves either. Even if 10000 moves are paid for, that is under $500 for Gaia (probably closer to $300 since GC is always discounted). Does Gaia really want that money that bad? I feel as though if I dropped a nickel outside of Gaia HQ and hid in the bushes, someone would eventually rush out, grab it and slither back in xd .

But yes, I understand your position with Gaia making this a gold sink. The ultimately gold sink would be gold generators disappearing forever as that would actually allow gold sinks to be effective in net gold removal, but until then, I feel as though all of these gold sinks are just reducing the rate of inflation or creating an equilibrium. We seem to get periods of deflation, then inflation, then deflation, then inflation, etc... and I feel as though that is what Gaia is trying to sustain at this point with their gold generators and gold sinks. Nevertheless though, it is a hard situation. Those who participate in gold sinks are likely those who don't buy gold generators. That said, those who donate have less gold to buy despite deflated prices, while those who buy gold generators get to profit more from the reduced prices. It's really a messed up system in my opinion.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
My thoughts exactly

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I hate that 5 minute wait. Why is it even 5 minutes? By the time 5 minutes is up, the person you targeted probably died and healed and died again. It makes the game about sniping instead of engaging an opponent. I can't remember what the wait times were on the last battle event, but I don't think it was over a minute.

Also, why the heck can't I heal myself?
Adnama Lavode
I hate that 5 minute wait. Why is it even 5 minutes? By the time 5 minutes is up, the person you targeted probably died and healed and died again. It makes the game about sniping instead of engaging an opponent. I can't remember what the wait times were on the last battle event, but I don't think it was over a minute.

Also, why the heck can't I heal myself?
I miss being able to lay into one user and bring them down, but the 5 minute wait is actually very clever way to release some of the burden about the sides being lopsided. It makes it easier on the tunaki players and less likely for them to be swarmed. In some ways this then makes it easier on us kitsune to find a person with health. They could drop it down some though. Something like 1-2minutes would still probably create enough of a buffer.

Destructive Gekko

I prefer the code of the past event on holloween even the winning system is a joke and such but this is just too much and too much loading because the browser has to pop out for options. next thing you know, before you click the attack button. you're dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff