Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think gold is worthless now?

Yeah, no matter what I have, I still can't buy s**t. 0.9717868338558 97.2% [ 310 ]
No, gold hasn't lost its worth. 0.028213166144201 2.8% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 319 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image

As we all well know, the gold generators gaia has been repeatedly releasing have been making the market place prices skyrocket. They show no signs of dropping and are only going higher and higher because of all the gold being dumped into the economy. Now almost everyone cannot afford the items in the MP, because they are so highly priced. No matter how much gold you get from the generators, they will only raise the prices in the MP more and more, so in effect, it has made gold pretty much worthless. People are wasting their money on gold generators now, so everything is so ridiculous that it is now pointless to contribute in my honest opinion.

Gaia please get control over your economy. Do not abandon gold, just stop releasing gold generators altogether and start adding gold sinks.

Hello fellow Gaians. Welcome to Zimbabwe's economy...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Seems like that was kinda the point, wasn't it? To make gold as worthless as possible so people would HAVE to buy gaia cash in order to get any items that they want.

Undead Enchantress

Soon even GC will be worthless. Gaia will start using Bitcoin or other forms of universally accepted internet currency.
I keep selling my red ink in the MP for like…half the lowest available price to hopefully offset some of the inflation on ink but there's only so much one person can do.

Even then I've made a ton of money that I can't spend on anything. ._.
I bought one Make it Rain for the shits and giggles and got 700,000,000 gold.

GG, Gaia.

I logged in for the first time an a long while, and when looking at My Gaia, I was greeted with this:

User Image

I thought to myself, "Is this some kind of joke?"

I proceeded to go to the marketplace to see that the prices of everything has skyrocketed.
User Image

How does Gaia not see this as a problem? Is there just a lack of communication between departments?

Given that you have to watch a 30-second advertisement every time you take a breath, I don't understand why Gaia needed to do this, because they obviously have the money covered.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I dunno, I can actually afford a good amount of things with gold still...

...As long as it's from the gold shops and isn't in any way a premium item. There's definitely something wrong when a Cash Shop item can be bought for $0.74 Gaia Cash and be sold for 14,000,000 gold. Yep. Totally unreasonable.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The Sandman Slim
Seems like that was kinda the point, wasn't it? To make gold as worthless as possible so people would HAVE to buy gaia cash in order to get any items that they want.

A long time ago, I used to dismiss statements like this were crazy conspiracy theories.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Crafting large wings is becoming more and more impossible, rare components are becoming completely unreachable.
The headless chicken is still flapping...
That would be gaia btw.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Just like everything else on the site, they'll only ever truly acknowledge it when it's far too late for them to do anything about it. Gaia clearly doesn't want our input on much of anything that isn't related to items. Even now with their interest focused on the Loyal shop, I don't even trust them to continue updating it. They don't even listen to item criticism, just what people are willing to spend their money on.

We don't matter nor does our economy. Why talk to people that don't matter about issues that don't matter?

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I was surprised that one of the items I wanted to sell (a bundle) was going for 300 million in the MP at the lowest. I sold my item for more than half the lowest MP price, and then I found out the person who bought it from me resold it at around the 300 million mark. emotion_donotwant

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Yeah, it's ******** ridiculous now.
I'm at a point where I'm sitting here sighing because I have *a measly* 24 mil. Having more than 500k on any account of mine was damn near unthinkable even a year ago.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Bleeding Apocalypse
The Sandman Slim

A long time ago, I used to dismiss statements like this were crazy conspiracy theories.

Now, I'm not so sure.

It seemed really obvious about three months back. 1) Make gold worthless so users are pushed to buy cash. 2) Use the fact that gold is worthless to raise prices in the CS.

It's getting to a saturation point. Buying items from the CS will now net you more gold than buying the gold generators, even ridiculous ones like the Make it Rain because gold is actually worthless.

Phantom

[********. Everything.

1bil is the new 1mil. gonk 💋

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out