Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Archenemy

14,125 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Never will I ever turn turn off adblock on Gaia.

Used Gaia on a friend's computer who didn't have adblock.
Regretted it in under a minute.

Vermillion Shade

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'll CONSIDER spending money, or disabling ads, on Gaia after an event where Flynn's pirate ship, along with her undesirable Booty and Chest, get shot down and never return.

Super Friend

hahaahhahah yeah right

gaia stays on the blacklist

Shaggy Gekko

8,725 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
I even considered making a whole separate thread about this.

At the moment I do not have Adblock

But now that I'm reading about it, it seems like it could be a viable option to help protect my computer from malware.

I've been coming across an ad, I cannot tell exactly which ad it is, but it's always on Gaia, which directs my browser to upgrade.

The link to report bad ads in the first page is not working. Either the thread no longer exists or I don't know.

If I come across this ad again, I'll try and gather details about it.

Also, ads that play sound are excruciatingly annoying.
after i got a virus from disabling adblock and the virus was traced back to this site, you have got to be kidding me right?

Friendly Gaian

Well, my computer seems to want to open up certain ads that have the 'stay over for three seconds to play' whenever I'm working on my avatar... sorry, Gaia. Adblock is here to stay. I don't mind seeing ads, but these get rather invasive.

Dangerous Fatcat

10,150 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
siskataya

Hi there!!

I ended up here because I was searching for a way to report or block certain ads and saw you had a link so I clicked it but it said I didn't have permission to enter whatever thread it was taking me to.

Its just to the point every time I get on Gaia I am seeing inappropriate and awful ads! Please help?

Nannerzx3

Quotable Explorer

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
My friend reported seeing a condom ad a while ago...
Srsly gaia? Wow...

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Ha! No way. I've seen Gaia with its Ads.

Kawaii Spirit

R0TH3L
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This post gave me an idea. I'll whitelist Gaia if siskataya gets 500 points on this game http://www.dogetek.co/game/

Supreme Demigod

9,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
Whitelist ads? You're shitting me, right?

If I hadn't installed Adblock, I'd have quit Gaia a long time ago. :/

I miss the days of old Gaia, WHEN YOU ALL DIDN'T HAVE ADS.

Chatty Prophet

I understand that advertising on the site does provide revenue for the site but I'm keeping Adblock on. If there wasn't such a problem with the ads to begin with and Gaia didn't seem so bloody greedy with gaia cash at the moment I'd feel a little more like spending money to help support a website I have been on and visiting for the last SEVEN years.

I used to buy the MC's and I used to buy gaia cash when it was first introduced. That's how I got my gen1 Fallen Wish but now with how much gaia cash and the cash store items are being pushed down my throat I'm against buying it ever again. Pretty much all the announcements are now are about something relating to CG.
siskataya
Thanks so much for checking out this thread, and for considering helping Gaia by viewing ads we show on our site!

As we mentioned in the announcement, ads are a great source of revenue for us - the more ads people watch on Gaia, the more revenue we get. This money then allows us continue keeping Gaia up and running, and providing you all an awesome place to call home online!

Below is a Mini-FAQ with some answers to common questions you might have, steps on how you can white-list Gaia to see ads on our site, etc. We hope you find it useful! 3nodding

Thanks to Gaia for not letting their "Supported Users' " see or be able to find & click on this, SINCE SEPTEMBER 24, 2013:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

... and it was suppose to be an "Incentive" FOR WHITE-LISTING "SAID" ADS', I am going to (and don't know why I haven't done so yet) download and re-install AdBlocker Plus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff