Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fatcat

Kekora
I don't like the ads on your site but I pay for GC so that shouldn't be an issue to keep them blocked for me. They can be very annoying and I'm sometimes directed to a different page if not careful. Ads also tend to get in the way.

Feral Ladykiller

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
ZeldacatVampire
Erogenous Jones

That must mean gaia uses cookies cause yeah...the moment I used Chegg to get my first college books, I see the adds for that site on gaia. Clear out your cookies.

I'm not really concerned as much as curious, but thanks for the advice. smile

Fashionable Hoarder

29,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Threadmaster 200
I too understand the need for ads but being someone that ison Autocash and buys more cash I really do not want to be bothered with more ads. I feel like you have bled enough from me already. And I also agree with a previous poster about the meebo bar not having ads. The only thing that would get me to watch or endorse more ads would be the guarantee that bug reports would get swift and the complete attention they deserve.

Dangerous Prophet

10,500 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150
I put up with these ads because I don't have money to spend on Gaia cash, but I'd like to see some Zomg updates! it's loosing its luster, sure deadmans shadow is fun...but it takes Houurrrrsss to even get to the main boss. and there's a lot of blank space on that Zomg map! when I first got on here on another account, Zomg was a big deal with goof ball and the fountain game...which are both gone....even the land shark doesn't come out as often any more emotion_facepalm it'd be nice to see some more work done so people don't loose interest...if that means watching more ad's, it'd be worth it to me and others may agree with me.
Steel Crimson
TheOpenBox
I understand why you have ads on the site, but the only place I absolultly can't stand ads is on the meebo bar. This is the only reason I have ads turned off. Otherwise I would keep them on forever. Just the meebo bar is so cluttered as is. No need to take up more just for the one constent ad. Just my opinion on things. I know there is only so much you can do and you have to cover sever costs for the site and other things. I love Gaia, but I hate the meebo bar ad. ^^;

Thanks for reading,
TheOpenBox

If they removed the ad from the Meebo bar I would have never turned them off.

Same here. It is just annoying and makes things WAY more cluttered than they need to be.

Iris_virus's Waifu

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Honestly, I would not mind the ads so much if you guys could remove all the video - talking ads that automatically play. I'm often playing games while on gaia or playing music and these video/talking ads that play automatically often come with sound that is much louder than my music and scares the crap out of me. It's like TV commercials you can be watching something on TV and the sound be adjusted just right and when the commercial comes on it blasts you out of our skin.

If you keep to smaller static ads that don't use as much memory as animated/video ones it would be much better for a lot of us, especially those with a slow connection.

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
MooMooJuice
I used to use ad block. But I learned quite a while ago that many sites I visit use ads to support themselves. I've never used to it again. And honestly, I think Gaia's really good about keeping their ads from being annoying, so I don't mind at all.
moomo, the newer versins of adblock allow you to NOT block so-called "non intrusive" ads for just this puirpose- it;s the default seeting . If you uncheck the box all ads will be blocked, I'll think this over.

Mega Nerd

Not only no, but hell no.

Perhaps if they were discreet text ads, that had some relevance to what I was doing/viewing, I might reconsider. But they're not.

They're HUGE HONKING MOVING ADS that are utterly distracting from anything I try to do here.

Worse, they're flash. I'm on a Mac. Flash on the Mac is a turd. (Anyone suggesting I change computers/operating systems will be cheerfully ignored unless they cough up the money to do so.) I already have to restart my browser several times a day just to use the Gaian flash utilities. I can't imagine how often I would have to if I let third parties who are not known for their discretion, tact, or programming ability run flash on my computer.

(Side note: Flash is so bad on the Mac that even though I have a 2.8 GHz quad core, enough to do serious video editing, and a monster video card, I can't effectively play Booty Grab on a tank with more than about 4 Enkis glowing.)

As you can see from my history, I do the video cash offers as they are available, offers I know are adding real world money to your corporate coffers. The rest of the ads make the site unusable.

IRL Treasure

Sounds good.

Iris_virus's Waifu

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
TheOpenBox
I understand why you have ads on the site, but the only place I absolultly can't stand ads is on the meebo bar. This is the only reason I have ads turned off. Otherwise I would keep them on forever. Just the meebo bar is so cluttered as is. No need to take up more just for the one constent ad. Just my opinion on things. I know there is only so much you can do and you have to cover sever costs for the site and other things. I love Gaia, but I hate the meebo bar ad. ^^;

Thanks for reading,
TheOpenBox

Steel Crimson
If they removed the ad from the Meebo bar I would have never turned them off.

TheOpenBox
Same here. It is just annoying and makes things WAY more cluttered than they need to be.

AS far as I can tell guys the new google bar (as they've removed meebo) has no ads to it.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
i dont know why your saying its helping gaia if many things have gone into maintenance mode, i would not be surprise if many people will not listen and ignore this plea. I for one am sick of the ads o3o
couple is ok but those auto player that lag you suck.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

17,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Erogenous Jones
ZeldacatVampire
Erogenous Jones

That must mean gaia uses cookies cause yeah...the moment I used Chegg to get my first college books, I see the adds for that site on gaia. Clear out your cookies.

I'm not really concerned as much as curious, but thanks for the advice. smile
No prob. x3 A lot of sites use them to pick ads that you'd like. If you have a facebook, then you probably at one point witnessed all the things that kind of applied to you. Creeeepeh. xD Most cookies are harmless.

Aged Garbage

25,925 Points
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Magical Girl 50
I always try to watch the ads for the daily card chance game thing, but it bums be out that I absolutely have to watch it. Can't navigate to another window or tab or else it'll stop playing until it ends. The one I particular am annoyed about is the French Parallel Parking one, with the pinball machine. It's rather long ._.

But I'm glad there's ads to keep Gaia up and running~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces