Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Looking through the exchange has become somewhat of a headache. No one lists prices anymore. It's always "offer".

It wouldn't be so bad, but, people put the item name in the title instead of the message itself. As a result, you can't simply copy the name and paste it into a search box.

Then there are these huge inventory sales where all they post is a screen shot. No item names or prices. I don't even bother with those anymore.

What I would REALLY like to see in the Post Action options, is the Display Inventory.... but better. Uncap the number of items you can list. Then instead of putting it in that little box, have it create a Vertical HTML list, each with a little icon, the name of the item, the ABP and LBP and all important: a link to their marketplace listing.

Thats it! It'll make Sellers lives easier, it'll make buyers life easer, and it'll breath alot of life into the exchange!

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've always wondered why they didn't do this in the first place.

I surfaced my new exchange addiction August last year-ish and it was the first thing I thought of. I never really bothered and just went to the mp in a new tab and such.

Now that there are common interests, it'd definitely be a big improvement. A lot of the forums would go faster rather than the seller taking time to go to the mp themselves searching up and such.

Lacana approves ♥ ♥ ♥
This is a great idea.
I never even go to the exchange anymore, compared to before I practically live in it x3
It's really user-unfriendly now, what with the huge inventory sales with no label, no 'Sold' list nada.
They could at least use the inventory tektek to list the items out o3o.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I dont think Gaia needs to do anything. I think the exchange sellers need to improve on their selling technique and actually take the time to LIST those items and stop being lazy.

8,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
I have an inventory sale but it's way too long to list. Also, I quite don't know what half those items' names are by memory sweatdrop I'll agree with the previous post (Nyadriel) that they need to improve as exchangers but that won't really happen since they've only gotten worse throughout the years.

You post a set price some will still offer you 10-20k below your asking price.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Well see, that's the thing. People dont wanna take the time and use two windows (or dont know that they can) while using one of them to find out what the names of their items are. Whenever I have trouble remembering, I always put up a second, sometimes a third, window to see and jog my memory. I do it often because I do have memory problems - which will only get worse as I get older at this point in my life.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Link-hime
I have an inventory sale but it's way too long to list. Also, I quite don't know what half those items' names are by memory sweatdrop I'll agree with the previous post (Nyadriel) that they need to improve as exchangers but that won't really happen since they've only gotten worse throughout the years.

You post a set price some will still offer you 10-20k below your asking price.

Well thats par for corse. If they wanted to pay market price, they'd go to the market.

And frankly thats fine.

But people arn't gunna miraculously make their posts better. New folks just copy what the older exchangers are doing... only not as well.

Expecially for those inventory sales. No ones gunna list out the hundred items in their inventory.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Nyadriel
I dont think Gaia needs to do anything. I think the exchange sellers need to improve on their selling technique and actually take the time to LIST those items and stop being lazy.

Honestly, listings only last 15mins, after that, people ignore them. Thats alot of work for very little payout. So while it's realllllyyyyy annoying, I kinda understand why people are being lazy asses.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
wahmbulance

Wealthy Raider

10,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
I do think we need a bit more life in the exchange. I just started exchanging about a month ago, and even from then it seems to have just started to slow down.

And inventory sales where they only post a picture are the worst, along with people who actually expect to get above market price. And after them it's people who just keep telling you to go higher, and when you ask them what they want, they ask how much you have.

And it seems that the wanted forum is hardly useful to me, because all the sellers are in the exchange forum and usually not looking through the wanted forum.

So I think your system would be helpful, since I get tired of just seeing an item name, and nothing else in a post.

EDIT: Did not notice that this thread was so old.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
yeah, I necro my feedback threads periodically. Better then reposting, keeps it all in one place.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Seems like more dev work than it's worth, especially as it's only really relevant to a single forum.

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Hazelaar
Seems like more dev work than it's worth, especially as it's only really relevant to a single forum.

I disagree, frankly wealth acquisition and trading is a back bone of Gaia. Not having a thriving trade forums can seriously hinder your upward mobility.

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image
For the Rose is a Beautiful Flower
I think this makes sense.
It would make life a lot better for both buyers and sellers.
A Beautiful Flower with Thorns
User Image
An Adventurer is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when the plot requires him to.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Sailor Shiva
Hazelaar
I disagree, frankly wealth acquisition and trading is a back bone of Gaia. Not having a thriving trade forums can seriously hinder your upward mobility.
*shrug* I think the Marketplace works fine as the main selling/buying area for the vast majority of gaians.

Besides, it's not like a lot of users selling a small number of items in the forum use the existing display system. Your suggestion sounds like a fancier and larger version of a feature that's fairly underutilized as it is; something that, while it would streamline the system for hardcore vendors, wouldn't get used as much as you think it would.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff