Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Hunter

Hi there,

there are two things about the new housing system I'd like to mention:

Loading time in Towns
It like, takes forever. I wait over 10 seconds for an empty house. Houses with lights lag forever. I mean, even if there is nothing that can be done to make the items load faster, I really rather enter a house and see the empty room first, take a glance at who is there and leave without bothering to load the whole thing. There is nothing ugly about items appearing one after another or having to wait till you can move further in, but it really destroys every fun of visiting houses if they take forever to load without anything to be seen or done except that boring loading screen.

Movement in houses
Well, I wouldn't really call it movement. My experience of movement inside houses is more like to teleport or not to. If I click anywhere my avatar can move to in a straight line it just teleports there and the room moves in the other direction fitfully. This doesn't feel nice at all.
If there are obstacles the chances are high that just nothing happens. And even if there aren't any it sometimes refuses to move.
I'd rather have some smooth movement, where you have the chance to alter your path while you're walking and a smoother screen-movement, too. I don't mind it being slower, but right now I just feel like the house is yelling at me to leave as fast as I can.

Is there any chance of an update?

Aged Genius

Akuyi
Hi there,

Loading time in Towns
It like, takes forever. I wait over 10 seconds for an empty house. Houses with lights lag forever. I mean, even if there is nothing that can be done to make the items load faster, I really rather enter a house and see the empty room first, take a glance at who is there and leave without bothering to load the whole thing. There is nothing ugly about items appearing one after another or having to wait till you can move further in, but it really destroys every fun of visiting houses if they take forever to load without anything to be seen or done except that boring loading screen.

Movement in houses
Well, I wouldn't really call it movement. My experience of movement inside houses is more like to teleport or not to. If I click anywhere my avatar can move to in a straight line it just teleports there and the room moves in the other direction fitfully. This doesn't feel nice at all.
If there are obstacles the chances are high that just nothing happens. And even if there aren't any it sometimes refuses to move.
I'd rather have some smooth movement, where you have the chance to alter your path while you're walking and a smoother screen-movement, too. I don't mind it being slower, but right now I just feel like the house is yelling at me to leave as fast as I can.

I just had a look at your house

http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?houseID=7063986

And I can't see the problems you mentioned. I did put out an update about 2 weeks ago, and probably will have one later this week.

Fluffy Hunter

codemonkey37179
Akuyi
Hi there,

Loading time in Towns

Movement in houses

And I can't see the problems you mentioned. I did put out an update about 2 weeks ago, and probably will have one later this week.

You're right, my house is fine. Even though it still has the loading time. With movement I'm mainly having those problems with bigger homes like this one:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?houseID=32274385

and the others in that town.

Thanks for looking into this though! c:

Aged Genius

Akuyi
codemonkey37179
Akuyi
Hi there,

Loading time in Towns

Movement in houses

You're right, my house is fine. Even though it still has the loading time. With movement I'm mainly having those problems with bigger homes like this one:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?houseID=32274385

and the others in that town.

Thanks for looking into this though! c:

No problem, Houses are my thing!

I'm still not seeing the problem. Can you tell me what version of flash you are using? You can find out by right clicking in the house and look at the number after "about flash player"

It is a cool house! I wish we could let people have shops in the town.

Fluffy Hunter

codemonkey37179

I'm still not seeing the problem. Can you tell me what version of flash you are using? You can find out by right clicking in the house and look at the number after "about flash player"

I use Firefox 12 with Flash 11.2.202.233 on Ubuntu 12.04.
And it's a roleplay town, so we are usually visitting houses very often there. xD

Aged Genius

Akuyi
codemonkey37179

And it's a roleplay town, so we are usually visitting houses very often there. xD

I'm not familiar with that operating system. Silly question, but have you cleared your cache recently?

Fluffy Hunter

codemonkey37179
Akuyi
codemonkey37179

I'm not familiar with that operating system. Silly question, but have you cleared your cache recently?

It's not that common among Gaians I guess. sweatdrop
I do clear my cache a lot usually, but it actually runs a bit smoother right after clearing it. It still has the teleporting though as soon as the screen follows my movement.

Animated Otaku

29,200 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
The jerky movement in Houses has been an issue since the latest update. In my house I used to be able to move around my coffee table with ease, but now the animation is so jerky and unresponsive that I have a hard time navigating around it, especially when the camera moves as mentioned above.

Flash 11,2,202,233
Win7 Ultimate
FF 12.0
I do clear my cache periodically.

Fairy

12,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I agree, some houses take 5 mintues to load and when i get there everyone's gone. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff