Welcome to Gaia! ::

Formal Elocutionist

I've noticed the hot drink inspired items like Coffee and Tea have been getting a lot of attention lately when it comes to wanting items based around them. With such a well made "Love of Tea" Bundle, I really don't blame them either. But something just seems a-miss to me. You see, as much as I love my earl grey, and my vanilla pepper-mint mocha, there's another kind of hot drink I'd prefer over tea or coffee that have been overlooked.

I'm a big fan of Apple Cider; it's not a very seasonal drink for me. It has the right amount of tang, mixed with heat and an overwhelming, even somewhat nostalgic, smell that gets my creative juices flowing. Other great hot drinks that don't really pour into the tea or coffee genres are Hot Cocoa, and Eggnog.
Which reminded me of how these certain drinks usually tie into the festive year, so maybe what I'm really trying to request is an update with some great traditional festive drink inspired items. Here's to hoping.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

:edit: To make it clear, I'm wanting drink inspired items, not actual cups of this stuff, which I think we actually already have on this site anyway.

:edit2:
shruikan

Requesting avi items inspired by various styles festive cookies.

User Image

:edit 3:
Bleeding Apocalypse
My husband is from Finland. The hot/warm drink of choice during the holidays in Scandinavian countries is glögi. If the word kinda looks familiar, maybe you'll recognize it by its more common, modern derivative: GROG.

That's right. My husband drinks that [******** VIKING s**t in the winter. Regularly. Here's a quick picture of what goes into this drink:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most common ingredients: red wine, sugar, spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and bitter orange, and optionally also stronger spirits such as vodka, akvavit, or brandy. The husband plunks down a cinnamon stick into his cup. It ends up looking all classy like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Though it looks a bit similar to other drink items we have, I figure the color variation should be nice. If a drink REI is made, glögi, glogg, grog, whatever you wanna call it... it should be included.

Toothsome Treasure

They usually do a cider and some mulled drinks for the holidays. Maybe they can give us a nice big mug of something warm without the silly red nose this time. I'd love to see a hot cup of cider for fall with the harvests coming up.

Formal Elocutionist

The Magnificent Unsu
They usually do a cider and some mulled drinks for the holidays. Maybe they can give us a nice big mug of something warm without the silly red nose this time. I'd love to see a hot cup of cider for fall with the harvests coming up.

I was actually meaning, an item not being so much in a cup.
Like clothing referenced around the idea.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
mMmmm gotta love me some glorified liquid.

That apple cider looks like orange juice to me but I guess it's all in the cup decoration, name, description, and imagination.

add: Oooh ^ you meant clothing. Okay, that makes sense lol. In the OP it sounds like your asking for drink items, not drink-inspired items

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I would love some festive drink items like apple cider and hot chocolate on gaia.

Formal Elocutionist

Existential Existence
mMmmm gotta love me some glorified liquid.

That apple cider looks like orange juice to me but I guess it's all in the cup decoration, name, description, and imagination.

add: Oooh ^ you meant clothing. Okay, that makes sense lol. In the OP it sounds like your asking for drink items, not drink-inspired items

Thought it had more of a brown hue, honestly. Maybe I should find another picture... Cause I'm not requesting orange juice. sweatdrop

Also, edited OP. is it any clearer?

Formal Elocutionist

Tsuki_Kirkland
I would love some festive drink items like apple cider and hot chocolate on gaia.

Thanks for the support Tsuki

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
At first I lol'ed at the thread title, and then I read your post and might want to see what you mean since you said you didnt want "cups of the stuff" but posted pictures of cups of the stuff.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Soooo take this opportunity, in this very community!...

Yeah, more cider would be nice. cat_whee

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I support. =3 Apple cider is delicious. And a fluffy hot chocolate item. And spicy mulled wine.

Yes, indeed.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I'm all for this!

Formal Elocutionist

dreamsk
At first I lol'ed at the thread title, and then I read your post and might want to see what you mean since you said you didnt want "cups of the stuff" but posted pictures of cups of the stuff.

They're more of less for color references, and setting the theme.
I'd rather not be like "I want a jacket and a scarf for this drink, and a dress and stockings for this other". Being vague I've noticed is the best way to get something you want made. I have a bit more faith in Gaia knowing what sells when it comes to that, anyways.

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

even though youre not asking for more cups, i would still love to hold that first one ninja

i think clothes based off of seasonal drinks and even seasonal cookies would be super cool

Formal Elocutionist

shruikan
even though youre not asking for more cups, i would still love to hold that first one ninja

i think clothes based off of seasonal drinks and even seasonal cookies would be super cool

Seasonal Cookies like Gingerbread? (I've always wanted a gingerbread skin for some reason)
What other seasonal cookies are there? (can't currently think of any) unless it's sugar cookies. They kinda fall into that category.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick... The cinnamon infusing itself with the cider... *dreamy*

I approve of this idea. emotion_brofist

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff