Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been a member here for two weeks now, and I overall like Gaiaonline. But here are a few things that takes down the experience a lot, and I hope this feedback will help you make the site a better place:

- You should be able to chose the basics of your avatar for free. The thing I looked forward to the most was to create my own avatar, but I didn't get to chose anything in the beginning. Not hairstyle, not eyes, not even skin color... There were 3 avatars that was already made which I HAD to chose between, and I didn't like any of them. I started off with 10,000 gold, but I had to use a lot of it just to change all the basics of my appearence.
Plus, it was hard to find the place to change eyes and skin. (You don't usually fix your eye color at a hair dresser...) And The Welcoming Fairy didn't help me with this until maybe day 5 or something. neutral

- Too many announcements. I play Gaia maybe two hours a day, and then leave. Next day when I log in, there are usually 10 new announcements. As I understand it, it can only show 10 announcements, which means that there might be several announcements that I've missed just because I only play for two hours... There should be less announcements. And they should be about more important stuff.

- Too much gaia cash items
. I joined Gaiaonline because it said that it was a free site to use, but there are apparently a LOT of things that cost real money. All the announcements are about the gaia cash shop items, but I don't live in the US so the only thing I'll ever be able to shop with is gold (and that's not going so well since all the nice items are on the marketplace, and the marketplace is way too expensive for me).

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this. I don't think I am... So I hope this can help you make Gaiaonline an even better place to hang out on.

EDIT: My Gaiaonline experience has suddenly changed from a bit disappointed to thrilled! biggrin Not because of the site as much as the users here. I was shocked when I saw this many replies and friendly advice. I've received gifts (some anonymously, and I really wish that I could thank you more properly heart ). I've received messages from friendly people offering tips and ideas on how to earn gold and have fun, and I've never felt so welcomed before!
My feedback still stands, but I just want everyone to know that so far, it's really the users here that makes this site wonderful to be part of. Thank you all~ heart
you used to be able to choose your hair/eye colour etc at the start, dunno why that was changed.
sorry you had to join now, it used to be a lot better before the new management. things were afforable. ;c

Kawaii Spirit

Myrling
Too much gaia cash items. I joined Gaiaonline because it said that it was a free site to use, but there are apparently a LOT of things that cost real money.

Well, I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is, nothing on Gaia is cash only. You can buy any item with gold in the Marketplace.

The bad news is, everything is very expensive. neutral You have to play the market, or use your talents to earn gold (with an art shop, or a profile shop, etc.) -- we have a guild for newbies where you can find guides and other helpful information on how you can get by.

Make sure you have stuff on your wish list -- people are very generous in these parts and I'm sure you will receive a few gifts if you're active in the community and friendly to others. 3nodding

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
What? You used to be able to choose your skin, eyes, mouth, an dhair, and then it gave you some options for clothes as well. Why did they change it? Are they TRYING to keep new members out?
welcome to gaia
unfortunately gaia is slowly becoming a pay to play website and there slowly taking away users choices slowly so that if you dont have the cash its harder to play, harder but not impossible
also it dont seem like gaia listens to alot of feedback anymore unless it helps them to make cash or improve cash flow
its all so sad and yet all so true anyway i hope you enjoy your time here on gaia

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

hmm yeah maybe they should make an eye shop yum_puddi like... one that does eye operations and glasses?

they used to have a hats shop but it changed

Divine Muse

I honestly have no idea what Gaia's demographic is but it does seem to be anyone who buys Gold Gens and Lolita stuff. Anyone who's happy with the way things are now.

So if you spend cash, GOOD NEWS, Gaia might listen to you.
If you don't, Gaia has no reason to listen to you.

Magical Fatcat

20,450 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Yep. You've summed up why a lot of people have been leaving.
Gaia used to be a very fun site.
But everything changed when the new CEO took over.

Enduring Gaian

Jayce Reinhardt
I honestly have no idea what Gaia's demographic is but it does seem to be anyone who buys Gold Gens and Lolita stuff. Anyone who's happy with the way things are now.

You're half-right.

Even if you spend cash, gaia won't listen to you.

Wind-up Waffles

Welcome to Gaia!
It can be a fun place if spending cash on avatars isn't your main draw to it. (Some people like this though.)

Check out Dumpster Dive. You can find it under the Games tab. For a while now all I seem to get are Philosopher's Caches, but sometimes you can get nicer items that you can wear or sell in the Marketplace. If you don't want to try out Alchemy (which cache items are used for), I recommend you sell them. If you don't have cash to spend on items, the MP can be a good way to make gold, that's how I make mine. But it takes time, so that might not be the best thing for you.

You can also try Daily Treat and Daily Chance. Daily Treat is a red TV set on all the landing pages on Gaia, and it links to sponsored videos which pay out Gaia Cash. I'm not sure if it matters that you're not in the US? These videos are how I make my Gaia Cash. It takes a while to do it this way but if you do it daily you can usually make enough for a monthly collectible. (You might try the Cash Tree as well but I can't get those to work.)
The Daily Chance is on landing pages too, and looks like a vending machine. This one can give you anything from gold to items. If you get Charms you can collect them to use on GoFusion, where you can make wearable items. You can also sell them for a nice amount of gold.

I wish you luck... Gaia certainly isn't for everyone but there's a lot of nice features that keep it entertaining. I also recommend finding a community (guild or forum) that you enjoy interacting with. Even if Gaia angers me to no end, those people are the biggest reason I keep coming back. smile

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
Teacup456
What? You used to be able to choose your skin, eyes, mouth, an dhair, and then it gave you some options for clothes as well. Why did they change it? Are they TRYING to keep new members out?

I agree with you! That was a TERRIBLE change to make if it was done on purpose and not a glitch! Come on, seriously! You should at LEAST be able to create your avatar to look the way you want when you first join the site!

Shy Strawberry

SAD1 X3
welcome to gaia
unfortunately gaia is slowly becoming a pay to play website and there slowly taking away users choices slowly so that if you dont have the cash its harder to play, harder but not impossible
also it dont seem like gaia listens to alot of feedback anymore unless it helps them to make cash or improve cash flow
its all so sad and yet all so true anyway i hope you enjoy your time here on gaia

^^this.

Magical Fatcat

20,450 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
cutester
Teacup456

I agree with you! That was a TERRIBLE change to make if it was done on purpose and not a glitch! Come on, seriously! You should at LEAST be able to create your avatar to look the way you want when you first join the site!

It's not a glitch.
I just checked. They give you 3 options of outfits for each base.
So stupid.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Darius Runan
Jayce Reinhardt

You're half-right.

Even if you spend cash, gaia won't listen to you.

Agreed!
I buy Gaia Cash (but don't touch those horrid GG's) and Gaia doesn't listen to me what so ever, so both sides get ignored on a daily basis.....><

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
Hirome-Chan
cutester
Teacup456

It's not a glitch.
I just checked. They give you 3 options of outfits for each base.
So stupid.

I'm not talking about the outfits - I'm talking about being able to choose eyes, hair and skin and mouth -You should at LEAST be able to create your avatar to look the way you want when you first join the site!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff