< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

User ImageUser Image

I am the Fire Lucario, forever cursed by his flames

A recent post just made me form a theory about guilds. I'm surprised I never though of it

Thanks to all of you that helped me, I can figure this out

Guilds are like Better Gaia?

For any of those who use Better Gaia, you know how it only changes how our browser sees Gaia.

Even though it only changes that, Better Gaia has figured out how to improve Gaia as well

They have tools like:

Post formatting and pre formated posts

Draw all for Daily chance

A live twitter feed on the My Gaia page (instant messaging)

The list goes on

So why am I relating this to guilds?

Thanks to several of people who helped me and one in particular, I was able to see guilds in the 1.0 format

Why does this matter?

It's simple really, when I viewed my guild in 1.0 I was able to see all of my guild's saved data on there. Although I couldn't use some features because they didn't exist, the data was still there. What does this mean?

I like to make a guess for a DECODER RING EFFECT!!!

Thanks to that, I found out that both formats share the same data, but why is this important? That is the tricky part.

I would like to explain my idea in a simple way:

Guilds are two sheets of paper -one being our saved data- -the other being a decoder ring-

Normally the bottom sheet would be a blank page to all of us, filled with nothing but confusing code. That's where the top page comes in. The top page acts like a decoder ring and makes everything simple and easy to see. This gives us the formats that we see guilds in today

What does this have to do 1.0 vs 2.0?

Since the data was still shared on the 1.0 format that means that I only used a different "decoder ring". All of the information was still there but the different "ring" caused me to see guilds in an older format. This explains why I could see guilds 1.0 and why there is a different url.

The different urls are different rings.

The reason why the rings differ? is simple. From what I have seen in the source codes, Gaia's urls are linked to different strands of code that we don't have access to. Each url has another page of code that determines what it connects to and how it is viewed. So guilds 2.0 is just a code that interprets our saved data and changes how it is viewed to us.

If this is true then Gaia has been bluffing about having to delete all of our guilds saved data to update!!!

Our guild saved data will always remain as a different strand of codes that can't be changed just by what interprets them.

This is why Guilds 3.0 is possible. The old update didn't take our old data and the new one shouldn't either.

The only issue with this is the coding. Gaia would have to make another "decoder ring" that, just like Better Gaia, changes how we see it and adds features. I can assume that this "decoder ring" is quite a huge mess of codes and Gaia rather would make items that have simple code over having to put effort in maybe a 4 month to year and a half project. The reason why they don't want to do it, read that last sentence again. Gaia gains more profit out of only coding projects that take less time. If we were to have an update, Gaia would have to have to have a way to pay their coders for it. That's why the staff has said that guilds would have to pay in order to update.

If this theory is right, it explains so much why the old and new can be seen on Gaia and why Better Gaia works on this site.

I am loved by my trainer. She is the only one that can touch me
WinterRainRose

User Image

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

User ImageUser Image

Well I got accepted for the SACS and have sent in my NDA, I hope they have some updates for this to test.

WinterRainRose

User Image

ok well everyone knows you cant discuss the secret scas guild but does gaia have any plans to update or add code to any part of guilds? a yes or no is probably all you can provide but still it would be nice to know if there is any hope at all for guilds

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
masterofdisaster1024
ok well everyone knows you cant discuss the secret scas guild but does gaia have any plans to update or add code to any part of guilds? a yes or no is probably all you can provide but still it would be nice to know if there is any hope at all for guilds

User ImageUser Image

I would honestly like to answer that, but for some reason even though I was accepted, I never got into the SACS. I sent in my NDA and waited for a long time before I contacted staff about it. If I was in it, I could not answer with even a yes or no unless the staff mentioned it in the updates. I've sent PMs to the staff but no reply. If there is some kind of limit of people that would answer it but I put in my application as soon as the post came out. I ponder why I was never let into it. Either way if there was a plan for updating and they finally let me in, I would be beta testing and pointing out a ton of things that need to be done.

Oh for those who read this, posting videos in guilds is possible. Instead of using the
[youtube]
tag, use
[video]

This only works for guilds and nowhere else on Gaia. You just simply slap the url between the video tags and it should work.

WinterRainRose

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out