Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
Even if it doesn't fix the green goo, I think it would be neat to have solid colour backgrounds to work with.

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
Celeste Starfyre
Why don't they just i dunno... FIX THE GLITCHES? This anti-goo sounds nice but what would be GREAT is if they fixed it rather than make a bandage fix.

Yeah, that'd be great- but I know they're aware of it, and I think if they could fix it, they would. But it's a problem that comes up with the avatar system itself, because it uses transparency ( which is necessary ) and because some items use transparency ( which makes them look better ), and I'm not even sure if they could fix it without a complete overhaul of the system. And that's a lot. I mean, a lot-a lot.

Realistically, a bandage fix would be the best we can ask for.

Rhine Elmao's Waifu

Extreme Garbage

Backgrounds do eliminate 'green goo', as I found out last night once I equipped a background since one of my mods wasn't playing nice.

However, there's one issue with having it as a background. Backgrounds will, more often than not, obscure things that are underneath the avatar's feet. Such as the blood I have equipped, and whatnot. I've lost a few parts of wigs and such to backgrounds, too.

That said, while it's not an ideal fix, it'd be nice to see. I'd definitely use it, especially with things like the 'gut' mods that tend to glitch a lot.

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I love this idea. I hope the artists make this background because I really dislike the goo glitch on my avatars.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
[ R ]
Celeste Starfyre
Why don't they just i dunno... FIX THE GLITCHES? This anti-goo sounds nice but what would be GREAT is if they fixed it rather than make a bandage fix.

Yeah, that'd be great- but I know they're aware of it, and I think if they could fix it, they would. But it's a problem that comes up with the avatar system itself, because it uses transparency ( which is necessary ) and because some items use transparency ( which makes them look better ), and I'm not even sure if they could fix it without a complete overhaul of the system. And that's a lot. I mean, a lot-a lot.

Realistically, a bandage fix would be the best we can ask for.

I guess so. I try to avoid using items that make it so there is green goo all over.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I wanted to use the black skeleton with this avatar and I couldn't because of that glitch, in fact you can see a little twinge of it on her legs now! DAH! It's really annoying.

Moonlight Dragon

I also have countless of avis that I would love to use without the green goo. emotion_puke
This is the best idea I have seen for fixing this. Even if it is just a bandage fix, it is better than waiting for a real fix (if that is even possible).

Mysterious Trickster

A solid white background behind the avatars would be great. There's been a few times I had to re-work an avatar because of the glitch. Hopefully, the Staff can do something.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
There's an awesome item I have. The Energy Sword. It comes in that underutilized color, orange, and it's a pretty cool looking item. The problem is, when I use it, it looks greenish because it's got the goo. When I use a background, the sword is fine. It's orange. But without a background, it's green. I really wish it would just stay orange, but a plain white background would go a long way in helping eliminate the appearance of the glitch.

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
Bleeding Apocalypse
There's an awesome item I have. The Energy Sword. It comes in that underutilized color, orange, and it's a pretty cool looking item. The problem is, when I use it, it looks greenish because it's got the goo. When I use a background, the sword is fine. It's orange. But without a background, it's green. I really wish it would just stay orange, but a plain white background would go a long way in helping eliminate the appearance of the glitch.

Oh gosh, I just looked at the item you were talking about. Normally the people who make the items are aware enough of the transparency issue that they would make a handheld item like that be solid without any transparencies, but.. Gosh, that thing is one big transparency. It would turn green with ANY avatar that didn't have a background-- and you'd have no way of knowing it before the item was bought, because the Marketplace uses a background in it's previews! Jeez louise.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
[ R ]
Bleeding Apocalypse

Oh gosh, I just looked at the item you were talking about. Normally the people who make the items are aware enough of the transparency issue that they would make a handheld item like that be solid without any transparencies, but.. Gosh, that thing is one big transparency. It would turn green with ANY avatar that didn't have a background-- and you'd have no way of knowing it before the item was bought, because the Marketplace uses a background in it's previews! Jeez louise.

Exactly. In the Marketplace, it's orange. Looks exactly as it should. I had a whole orange theme planned out around it for my avatar. And when I equipped it---GREEN! So now I have a green avatar planned around the sword. I managed to make it work, but it would still be really nice if I could've had the orange sword I always intended to have.

Friendly Conventioneer

It would be nice?

Feisty Fairy

15,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash