No - Other reason (Please explain in comments) 0.050931677018634 5.1% [ 41 ]
Maybe 0.21490683229814 21.5% [ 173 ]
Total Votes:[ 805 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36 37 > >>

Enduring Gaian

KittieCupcakes
Q2k
Aeges
What about the gold caps they put on zOMG or bootygrab a while ago?

Does anyone remember what those were for?
lol Once upon a time, the gold economy mattered somewhat.
I love that they still claim to care about the economy.

And claim that they flood us with re-releases to help stabilize the economy by reducing inflation on said items.
I thought this was interesting:
Uncle Kenny
We do watch the effect that every action has on the economy and are watching this closely as well. We are not expecting a dramatic impact after the initial burst wears off and hope to see inflation levels minimized. We do have gold sinks on the way though.

Source

To be fair, I believe UK thought this was a one time deal. And even he has been shat on by the marketing team. The biggest example being the Halloween Goldsink.

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
KittieCupcakes
hat's pretty much where I'm at, where I can't think of any better options. It sucks to feel so helpless to save something that I've loved for a decade. We have to actually DO something, though. We just have to.

I think a lot of the ill-spirited meanness in the community can actually be attributed to this, the frustration/anger/depression, that's just getting misplaced. I've been here a decade as well, and I'm hesitant to leave it, just groundlessly hoping it will get better. I want something to be done, but it's hard to know what is best.

Enduring Gaian

x3rubiachica3x
Well damn, someone should take some screenshots of those FAQ's before Gaia decides to edit it or take it down, like they did with Flynn's FAQ.

Already done so 3nodding

I've got quite the archive now. Just in case they try to delete and play ignorant.

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Darius Runan
To be fair, I believe UK thought this was a one time deal. And even he has been shat on by the marketing team. The biggest example being the Halloween Goldsink.

Agreed. I feel he was not kept in the loop, though he's currently our Atlas, with all of Gaia on his shoulders. He's done multiple actions to try and help the gold economy, and within days the marketing team does something he has no control over, and renders weeks of work useless. He gives us unpaid time to try and help us, get more done...

Let's not attack the Kenny please. He's the horse and carriage, not the man with the whip.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
x3rubiachica3x
Well damn, someone should take some screenshots of those FAQ's before Gaia decides to edit it or take it down, like they did with Flynn's FAQ.

As for ways to take action, the Occupy Gaia threads are where users vow not to buy GC until several problems have been fixed or even addressed. I like the idea of a mass amount of users not logging onto Gaia for a week, but I don't know if we could pull it off, or get enough users to participate before the higher-ups take notice...
We'd have to really put out a lot of effort getting the word out. For example, if we all wanted to log off from 01-26-14 to 02-01-14, we'd have to PM all our friends who want in on the protest, and ask those that are in favour of it to pass the message to their friends lists, and so on. It'd be like a chain message but less frivolous (hopefully). And if people don't want to participate then they don't have to spread the word or anything. But we'd all have to put out an effort for a week/month beforehand. And if there's a significant drop in users during that time we can do it again and again until the message gets through.

Devout Mage

Aeges

Before August or September 2013 I believe.
Thats when I started to notice a major deterioration.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Darius Runan
x3rubiachica3x

Already done so 3nodding

I've got quite the archive now. Just in case they try to delete and play ignorant.

I did too. Since it's been brought to light I kind of expect them to change things to their liking, or remove it completely. emotion_bigvein

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Darius Runan
KittieCupcakes
Q2k
Aeges

I love that they still claim to care about the economy.

And claim that they flood us with re-releases to help stabilize the economy by reducing inflation on said items.
I thought this was interesting:
Uncle Kenny
We do watch the effect that every action has on the economy and are watching this closely as well. We are not expecting a dramatic impact after the initial burst wears off and hope to see inflation levels minimized. We do have gold sinks on the way though.

Source

I in no way mean to say that he or any other staff member had any malicious intent. I just find it interesting that the staff seems to have thought that it wouldn't have an affect on the economy. It seems like a fairly simple concept to me.
However, you would think that after they did it once and saw its consequences, they would discontinue it. Goldsinks only work when you stop introducing the product that caused the problem in the first place. The Halloween one also failed to put the marketplace back anywhere near where it used to be.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
DarkRybrin
Darius Runan

Agreed. I feel he was not kept in the loop, though he's currently our Atlas, with all of Gaia on his shoulders. He's done multiple actions to try and help the gold economy, and within days the marketing team does something he has no control over, and renders weeks of work useless. He gives us unpaid time to try and help us, get more done...

Let's not attack the Kenny please. He's the horse and carriage, not the man with the whip.
I in no way intended it as an attack. Merely an observation that the staff didn't seem to think this through completely, and failed to remedy the problem after they saw what issues it caused.

Enduring Gaian

x3rubiachica3x
Darius Runan
x3rubiachica3x

Already done so 3nodding

I did too. Since it's been brought to light I kind of expect them to change things to their liking, or remove it completely. emotion_bigvein

I got motivation when they flat out lied about MC's having the description of "For this month only", despite the fact that the monthly banners said it, and the staff over the entire lifespan of GaiaOnline confirmed it.

Even today they play ignorant to that with their constantly Altered ToS and ninja-altered forum rules.

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
We'd have to rally up enough users to not log on for the day and that'd take quite sometime considering a vast number of gaians don't come into site feedback.... we'd have to have posts in other forums (and the guilds related to this matter) I'm not sure if it'll be plausible for some of us to not log in for a month because a lot of people have role-plays and shops to keep up but even a day or a weekend could possibly make an impact.

We plan a boycott day (say a month from today or something that way we have enough time to get users onboard), we spread the word, everyone against gold generators stays off gaia for that day from whatever allotted time. If we could get enough people I say it could be potentially effective.

If not we plan another one, and so on and so forth, maybe extending the time if they still aren't listening.

I think it's a decent idea. I have no idea if it'll work but it's doing something different at least. We'd need a lot of people to help, rally their friends and post in different forums.

AND YES. Saying no to buying GC is already a must. I'm working on an argument to try and persuade current GC spenders to not spend for the time being, and honestly the fact that gaia is being so pushy is already turning many people off so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. (aside from the few that are very adamant about buying every shiny thing ever despite all logic pointing against it at the moment) Gaia is digging their own grave and those of us who REALLY care don't want to see that happen. I'll do anything in my power to try and help the cause.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
KittieCupcakes
x3rubiachica3x

As for ways to take action, the Occupy Gaia threads are where users vow not to buy GC until several problems have been fixed or even addressed. I like the idea of a mass amount of users not logging onto Gaia for a week, but I don't know if we could pull it off, or get enough users to participate before the higher-ups take notice...
We'd have to really put out a lot of effort getting the word out. For example, if we all wanted to log off from 01-26-14 to 02-01-14, we'd have to PM all our friends who want in on the protest, and ask those that are in favour of it to pass the message to their friends lists, and so on. It'd be like a chain message but less frivolous (hopefully). And if people don't want to participate then they don't have to spread the word or anything. But we'd all have to put out an effort for a week/month beforehand. And if there's a significant drop in users during that time we can do it again and again until the message gets through.

Oh yes, there'd have to be like a whole month of planning and spreading the message for something like this to work. If you're not in the Revolution Gaia guild, [x], I suggest you request to join, it might be easier to set something like this up there, and then spreading it. 3nodding

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
KittieCupcakes
I in no way intended it as an attack. Merely an observation that the staff didn't seem to think this through completely, and failed to remedy the problem after they saw what issues it caused.

I didn't believe you did. I was simply replying to a like-minded user, and the person he was gently correcting. It's an accurate observation, with little communication between the departments, and some departments, marketing for instance, having a lot more power. You have one department that doesn't stay in the loop, and doesn't care, and then you've got our devs and mods, who are running ragged to try and soothe people and do something about it. It's not about thought, both groups are doing what they think is right or are ordered to. It's about communication.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Mistress Jellyfish
We'd have to rally up enough users to not log on for the day and that'd take quite sometime considering a vast number of gaians don't come into site feedback.... we'd have to have posts in other forums (and the guilds related to this matter) I'm not sure if it'll be plausible for some of us to not log in for a month because a lot of people have role-plays and shops to keep up but even a day or a weekend could possibly make an impact.

We plan a boycott day (say a month from today or something that way we have enough time to get users onboard), we spread the word, everyone against gold generators stays off gaia for that day from whatever allotted time. If we could get enough people I say it could be potentially effective.

If not we plan another one, and so on and so forth, maybe extending the time if they still aren't listening.

I think it's a decent idea. I have no idea if it'll work but it's doing something different at least. We'd need a lot of people to help, rally their friends and post in different forums.

AND YES. Saying no to buying GC is already a must. I'm working on an argument to try and persuade current GC spenders to not spend for the time being, and honestly the fact that gaia is being so pushy is already turning many people off so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. (aside from the few that are very adamant about buying every shiny thing ever despite all logic pointing against it at the moment) Gaia is digging their own grave and those of us who REALLY care don't want to see that happen. I'll do anything in my power to try and help the cause.
We'd have to PM our friends lists with an invitation to not log in and to help spread the word in forums and to PM their friends, etc. That's probably the best way.
I think a day isn't enough time. A full week would be the best. If people are in RPs, they can always do it on another site or through email or old school chat rooms or something (if they don't want to give out their real email, they can just get a free Gmail acount for it). If you have a store to maintain the things you want to sell will still be there when you get back.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
x3rubiachica3x
KittieCupcakes
x3rubiachica3x

Oh yes, there'd have to be like a whole month of planning and spreading the message for something like this to work. If you're not in the Revolution Gaia guild, [x], I suggest you request to join, it might be easier to set something like this up there, and then spreading it. 3nodding
I tried that link, but it said I wan't authorized to view that forum. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces