Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
And should have been.

Instead of fixing your system, that you knew, was eating old items left and right, making it impossible unless people poured tons of RL money into it ; Instead of acknowledging how messed up it was ; Instead of updating it with more recent recipes and exclusives ; Instead of breaking your track record of half assing new releases and then leaving them to rot -

You released a system that does not require gaia items to be destroyed OR gold. You released updates of items people like and are popular in the new system only. You continued with your companies moto "As soon as it stops making a buck, we cut it out."

The kicker to me? The ultimate prize of this gold sink? Alchemy items will be included into it.

This comes after the final announcement that zOMG will be shut down for repairs. Which, as you very well know, has been a key part to Alchemy farming for many people. It's obvious to me, and anyone who understands your money grubbing policies, that zOMG will not be restarted. It is effectively being taken offline permanently (Who exactly is making this fix when all the developers and coders have been fired?), taking out a major portion of Alchemy. Which is now being replaced by Go Fusion. Any opposition to this change will fall on deaf ears, and the resistant will dwindle because without zOMG may alchemy users are S.O.L.

So congrats on putting a system fix to alchemy out well after it was begged to be released. Congrats on passively listening to your users. I'm sure the gold generators will stop once you figure out a sufficient alternate currency to use other than Gaiacash!

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I too am concerned that zOMG will never come back.
I'm honestly gobsmacked that they went through all the trouble of inventing, coding, designing, etc. an entirely new system for "making" items when they had a perfectly good starting point with alchemy. Yeah it was frustrating, but had they just updated it instead of throwing this random ball of crap at us I think a lot of people would be so much happier. They could have easily implemented the charm system and made it as flashy as they pleased.
I don't understand the logic here. Why have two crappy systems when you could have a single decent one? GAIA, WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC?!

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
"Let's fix things by tearing them apart!"

Thanks for the Alchemy "fix" that was promised, that you have to pay for, Gaia... so nice of you. talk2hand

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
It's effectively ruining any gold profit margin a free user could have had with Alchemy.

How many hundreds of users are now opening 1000 pack Caches to find the charms? They are already flooding the market and the value has gone down tremendously.
Open a 100 pack, get 8 gold caches and sell them off, that would have made a profit, just opening them, now there is little left. When they first started selling them in the Bifrost it had an effect on the free users that harvested the components to craft them, leaving the Alchemist Case as their money maker and harder to accomplish.
Next they will do something that messes with the Alchemist Case, I just bet.

Take zOMG offline forever, ooops, no more components to craft an Alchemist Case. Sell it for GC or sell it in Bifrost, which will it be. I mean, it would be in their best interest to allow people to mass produce crafted wings right? Because the market will become flooded with those, which will become less popular, and then they can just sell us recolors of the same wings for GC instead.

It really is the perfect plan to, yet again, manipulate their users into buying GC

Tenacious Duck

10,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Owlie
"Let's fix things by tearing them apart!"

Thanks for the Alchemy "fix" that was promised, that you have to pay for, Gaia... so nice of you. talk2hand

they stopped at step two...they forgot that in alchemy you rip things apart and combine them perhaps they got distracted by doing lines off a hooker's stomach?

Step one : Get items
Step two : rip apart
Step Three: ???
Step Four: Profit!

Impassioned Misfit

I'm going to regret for the rest of my time here, however long that this may be, that literally the day before GoFusion leaked, I had a really similar idea to what they did. I wanted to introduce items like charms into Alchemy to relieve the strain from all the items it eats, and I wanted a wild-card that could substitute for any component. Via free means. I figured this would be a way to overhaul and make everything easier - and that, if they HAD to tie in Cash somehow, they could sell bundles of the things.

I was going to make a thread about it as I fleshed out the idea...

Also, Who exactly is making this fix when all the developers and coders have been fired? I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering that. At the same time, I'm very curious if someone took a crash course in coding, since they got maps. Not that it was hard, but still.

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
KittieCupcakes
I too am concerned that zOMG will never come back.
I'm honestly gobsmacked that they went through all the trouble of inventing, coding, designing, etc. an entirely new system for "making" items when they had a perfectly good starting point with alchemy. Yeah it was frustrating, but had they just updated it instead of throwing this random ball of crap at us I think a lot of people would be so much happier. They could have easily implemented the charm system and made it as flashy as they pleased.
I don't understand the logic here. Why have two crappy systems when you could have a single decent one? GAIA, WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC?!

Logic is that it is easier to create a new system instead of fixing the old one, because those who played the old system will whine and cry that they wasted a lot (which they did) utilizing it.

Adding Alchemy items to the charms system is the carrot at the end of the rope. Anyone can see that if we don't succeed in this gold sink, those Alchemy exclusives will be lost on a system barely anyone can afford.

Gold sink for go fusion + the sharp increase of bundles and cash sales on bundles + zOMG down (for Alchemy) + Alchemy no longer feasible for a majority of users = Gaias covert way of making us pay to fix their system.

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
I'm going to regret for the rest of my time here, however long that this may be, that literally the day before GoFusion leaked, I had a really similar idea to what they did. I wanted to introduce items like charms into Alchemy to relieve the strain from all the items it eats, and I wanted a wild-card that could substitute for any component. Via free means. I figured this would be a way to overhaul and make everything easier - and that, if they HAD to tie in Cash somehow, they could sell bundles of the things.

Also, Who exactly is making this fix when all the developers and coders have been fired? I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering that. At the same time, I'm very curious if someone took a crash course in coding, since they got maps. Not that it was hard, but still.

I'm guessing the person who put the maps in and was fixing the glitches did some coding crash course. I think that was codemonkey? (is codemonkey still here?) Still, taking and dropping maps is going to be a lot easier to fix than back end issues.

The only other idea is if they hired some freelancers to help them fix it, but that's not gonna happen because it requires $$$ to a system they dumped.

Nerrar's Wife

Mewling Bunny

16,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Friendly 100
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I don't understand. When and where did gaia say they fired all their developers and coders?? That seems like a VERY stupid move, unless they just wanted to have to pay fewer people, and be more greedy.

Impassioned Misfit

Lolli-pop Psycho
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I don't understand. When and where did gaia say they fired all their developers and coders?? That seems like a VERY stupid move, unless they just wanted to have to pay fewer people, and be more greedy.
The bolded was about zOMG!. The last developer left who was schooled in whatever programming language helped build the game and Gaia let him go several years ago.
Aww bollocks.
I had never thought of that. My fears of zOMG shutting down for repairs becoming a definite shutdown has been dwelling in my mind for a while now. The moment they announced a shutdown to "fix the bugs" I was immediatly taken aback to that day they also shut down Herald of Chaos, and ended up removing it altogether.
And here I was hoarding zOMG loot in hopes that when it shut down, I could make a nifty temporary profit outta them, but now that you mention it, if GoFusion does include Alchemy items, and eventually substitutes Alchemy, it would make all that loot worthless.
There's a long way before Gaia hits rock bottom, isn't there?
Awww, but that's too much of a negative attitude! I'm sure they would never do something like that! emo

Enduring Shapeshifter

Zomg shutting down shouldn't surprise anyone at this point, or if it comes back it'll be impossible to do absolutely anything without the need of Gcash.

I'm disgusted with what they did with Alchemy though, this.. GO Fusion crap :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces