Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writer

Basically I am proposing that Gaia give a user a coupon that doesn't expire that can be redeemed for a really good temporary discount -- probably 40%. Make it last 24-48 hours, in those hours all GC purchases by that person carry the discount. I am thinking only give one per year, on the user's birthday, or maybe 3 times per year -- Gaia's anniversary, Christmas and the user's birthday. They shouldn't be common or easy to get, but they should be permanent because they're so rare.

The primary objection is that many people will exploit the system and collect like 39 of these via mules. To prevent this, narrow the parameters: make the person to be eligible for coupons must be in both Club Verge and Loyal's Bazaar. That will anger some people because of the restriction, but will ensure that only actual "main" characters get the discount. I am not aware of a lot of mules that are both in Loyal's Bazaar and Verge.

These parameters would more than make the coupon-grant worth it to Gaia because they would provide a powerful incentive for the user to participate in the site. Loyal's Bazaar requires extensive active participation and Verge is not normally a thing inactives are in either. So, you'll be handing a person 1-3 40% coupons per year, which themselves guarantee GC expenditures, but I'd argue in the model that I propose that the site will more than get a good return for it even aside from the coupon use itself.

Thank you for reading my feedback.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Serenicus
Basically I am proposing that Gaia give a user a coupon that doesn't expire that can be redeemed for a really good temporary discount -- probably 40%. Make it last 24-48 hours, in those hours all GC purchases by that person carry the discount. I am thinking only give one per year, on the user's birthday, or maybe 3 times per year -- Gaia's anniversary, Christmas and the user's birthday. They shouldn't be common or easy to get, but they should be permanent because they're so rare.

The primary objection is that many people will exploit the system and collect like 39 of these via mules. To prevent this, narrow the parameters: make the person to be eligible for coupons must be in both Club Verge and Loyal's Bazaar. That will anger some people because of the restriction, but will ensure that only actual "main" characters get the discount. I am not aware of a lot of mules that are both in Loyal's Bazaar and Verge.

These parameters would more than make the coupon-grant worth it to Gaia because they would provide a powerful incentive for the user to participate in the site. Loyal's Bazaar requires extensive active participation and Verge is not normally a thing inactives are in either. So, you'll be handing a person 1-3 40% coupons per year, which themselves guarantee GC expenditures, but I'd argue in the model that I propose that the site will more than get a good return for it even aside from the coupon use itself.

Thank you for reading my feedback.

You keep throwing Loyal's in there, but it's confusing me because Loyal's shop has nothing to do with Gaia Cash?

And if people did have 39 mules and used these coupons on all those accounts, Gaia would have a lot more money then they would have if people didn't do so. It's not like these are real items anyway. They're pixelated items that can be poofed out of nowhere.
So if people exploit the coupons, Gaia should be grateful. lol

Writer

its a curse

You keep throwing Loyal's in there, but it's confusing me because Loyal's shop has nothing to do with Gaia Cash?

And if people did have 39 mules and used these coupons on all those accounts, Gaia would have a lot more money then they would have if people didn't do so. It's not like these are real items anyway. They're pixelated items that can be poofed out of nowhere.
So if people exploit the coupons, Gaia should be grateful. lol

Good questions.

Regarding your second point, they ARE selling virtual property, but a permanent discount of that sort will be bad for their business model, though not bad for us. Less money made using virtual property is bad for them, because this is how the company makes all its money. So, it is a legitimate issue for them.

Loyal's Bazaar is not GC related, but it's probably the most tangible proof that a user is on his or her account a lot. If you don't log in enough, you aren't in Loyal's, so generally only active people are in there. JUST Verge on mules might be worth it in the calculation to pay like 30 bucks for the 40% coupon that'll be used to buy more. Verge and Loyal in my opinion require enough consumer participation that likely people will only use their main, or maybe a couple accounts at most.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff