Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Cosmonaut

I'm getting really sick of having to wade through 10 announcements a day full of stuff I don't even care about. There really needs to be an option to turn off announcements, or they need to slow down and not release 10-15 new things a day.

Really, just cash shop stuff is the problem. Other announcements are okay because they're so hard to come across. The only people I feel like I ever see in my inbox are frickin' Jet and Cygnus.

Also, I don't care if Gaia Cash is on sale for 5% off. What kind of sale is that anyway? That's like getting a coupon to get one free extra french fry with your order of french fries. gonk

Normal Lunatic

They're getting on my last nerve

Alien Partier

18,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Skill Up 50
Ray Rukh
I'm getting really sick of having to wade through 10 announcements a day full of stuff I don't even care about. There really needs to be an option to turn off announcements, or they need to slow down and not release 10-15 new things a day.

Really, just cash shop stuff is the problem. Other announcements are okay because they're so hard to come across. The only people I feel like I ever see in my inbox are frickin' Jet and Cygnus.

Also, I don't care if Gaia Cash is on sale for 5% off. What kind of sale is that anyway? That's like getting a coupon to get one free extra french fry with your order of french fries. gonk

I don't even read through the announcements, I click through them and if the header has got anything to do with "GaiaCash Sale", recolours, "Dice Roll" I just go, meh, not interested, next...

Gaia is so useless now, most of my friends left after Resort World and Monster Galaxy got taken out of the game. I don't even know why I'm still here. Gaia was so fun when I first joined, back in 2010. Honestly, this website has become a money-sucking leech since the change of management.

Have you realized that the events are now no longer fun anymore? Every event since...was it December last year? That there's always Switchem and receiving recolours of the same items? I think that it's highly unoriginal, it's like the event co-ordinators don't know what being "fun" and "unique" is any more.

Alien Cosmonaut

TheWarriorGirl
Ray Rukh

I don't even read through the announcements, I click through them and if the header has got anything to do with "GaiaCash Sale", recolours, "Dice Roll" I just go, meh, not interested, next...

Gaia is so useless now, most of my friends left after Resort World and Monster Galaxy got taken out of the game. I don't even know why I'm still here. Gaia was so fun when I first joined, back in 2010. Honestly, this website has become a money-sucking leech since the change of management.

Have you realized that the events are now no longer fun anymore? Every event since...was it December last year? That there's always Switchem and receiving recolours of the same items? I think that it's highly unoriginal, it's like the event co-ordinators don't know what being "fun" and "unique" is any more.

Whatever new management they got is obviously only concerned with how much money they can make. It's really saddening. I remember in 2011 I could up and not visit the site for months and come back to two or three missed announcements, and they would all be for events. Now it's all Cash Shop crap, at dozens daily. neutral Guess this is a no-fun zone.

Fanatical Giver

To be completely honest I am shocked eek that there have only been a couple today.
**keeps fingers crossed**

Fanatical Giver

lmao Spoke too soon I see gonk

Self-sustaining Egg

I agree with you.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
the announcements are seriously annoying me too i was away at a con all day yesterday and i come back to 10 announcements, none of them anything important :/

Alien Cosmonaut

Zanark Avalonic
the announcements are seriously annoying me too i was away at a con all day yesterday and i come back to 10 announcements, none of them anything important :/

I seriously think every announcement I've seen over the past week or so have all been Cash Shop or cash sale related. It's getting ridiculous.

Explorer

there's really nothing for me. I skimmed through the Easter event one. they aren't interesting in the slightest these days.

Fortuitous Phantom

I am getting SO sick and tired of their announcements. There was 10 a day once. And everyday its some "40% off Item A for 3 hours only!" Then three hours after that it'll be "20% off Item A for 1 hour only!"

Knock it off already, Gaia.
Guys, just stop looking at them altogether.
Leave the notification bubble with 10 announcements up there. That's what I do.

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I was about to make a post about this very same thing myself, being an old gaian returning after not being able to get on for a while...

The announcements are out of control.
The money grabs are out of control.
I ignore it all anyway, seen as announcements, which use to mean something, now mean nothing...

At least I'm not the only one with this opinion. I mean, I came on today after being on yesterday and clearing them out, to 10 announcements. Since I've been on today alone, I've gotten another 3-4 of them, all about gaia cash sales or something (wasn't paying attention).

Seriously. We don't need this many announcements!

Profitable Businessman

and thats why we have this User Image

Alien Cosmonaut

Finessed
and thats why we have this User Image

It doesn't work, at least for me. I still have to see "10 announcements" at the top no matter what. I've tried disabling announcements for everything on my account, they're still there. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff