Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Lady Kayura
Too many people have the mentality that Gaia owes them or that Gaia's sold out. They don't realize that without money, there would be no Gaia.

User Image

I bet their opinion would change
if it was a pay to use website.
People should be more appreciative.
It's awesome they can get the items on the MP, and
get free GC with the GCash offers.
Gaia is pretty flexible with things.

User Image

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Himemiya Neko
Lady Kayura
Too many people have the mentality that Gaia owes them or that Gaia's sold out. They don't realize that without money, there would be no Gaia.

User Image

User Image

The thing about that is that I didn't even say that at all, so you are already on your SF high horses about something I never even mentioned.
Almost everyone I encounter in SF treats anyone who disagrees with them like they are stupid.
Which is why I never bother visiting here anymore.
Zzyli
And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't trade my mostly free healthcare & heavily subsidised tertiary education for easier access to pixel shinies.

/Snaps fingers in disappointment

Eerie Doll
Almost everyone I encounter in SF treats anyone who disagrees with them like they are stupid.

The biggest thing is, most people who make threads that get downvoted into oblivion display in their post that they don't fully grasp what's going on about the thing they are complaining about.

If you're not going to do more digging as to why something happens, or show a willingness to understand something and just outright complain about it, expect to be treated appropriately for it. That's my stance.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Eerie Doll

The thing about that is that I didn't even say that at all, so you are already on your SF high horses about something I never even mentioned.

No, but you did call Gaia pathetic and heavily implied that they don't care about their users. The reason these items and the store are restricted to the US for initial sale are due to licensing restrictions. There was literally no feasible way to bring these items to Gaia without doing it this way.

Would you prefer that Gaia not have Mecha Neko at all (and miss out on the needed sponsorship money) despite the fact that many many users asked Gaia to make these items?

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Anne Packrat
Eerie Doll
Himemiya Neko
Lady Kayura

User Image

User Image

No, but you did call Gaia pathetic and heavily implied that they don't care about their users. The reason these items and the store are restricted to the US for initial sale are due to licensing restrictions. There was literally no feasible way to bring these items to Gaia without doing it this way.

Would you prefer that Gaia not have Mecha Neko at all (and miss out on the needed sponsorship money) despite the fact that many many users asked Gaia to make these items?

Yeah it's like this, I just think it would have been nice if they could have done some kind of free parody item for international users just to show that they aren't forgotten about.
Seems sometimes like they are.
I never said anything about not wanting Gaia to earn money, this is something that everyone is just assuming about me like I am some SF noob.
I understand how the site works, I understand how making money and making a profit works.
You've all just jumped to conclusions.

talk2hand

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The number of international users on Gaia is a tiny fraction of the site. Anything made only for them/you would be available in really tiny amounts because of that.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Explaining how things work is in no way belittling a person. People should seriously know what is constructive criticism and what makes for a constructive feedback.

Mysterious Trickster

Ghenja
Kain-Senpai
Ghenja

It's a website. It should cater for international users by default. Otherwise its just a bad business plan. I can understand not releasing the videos in the anime movie section because that means that people would get access to the show early and they would lose sales and viewer here when its released but items online have no excuss because it hinders their sales rather then improves it for both Gaia AND the sponser.

It really is super annoying.

gaia always screws international members over. The anime movie section, the shops, conventions (I have an achievement that will sit there forever.) Even the Gaia Cash system where you work for gaia cash is geared negatively. I went to the movie section and there was only 2 options. so I did them both and now I'm 6GC richer. There are alot more in the survay or signup section but I find only about 1 out of 6 will actually give me the GC at the end of it and they take ages so I gave up on that. might be better now. I'll have to test.

This just shows you don't understand the red tape behind all of this. They are LEGALLY TIED to show certain content in certain areas. If they void that, Gaia suffers fees, potential loss of sponsors and possibly sued by those sponsors. I wouldn't want that. You wouldn't want that.

At least there is an option available for International Users to buy the sponsor items. At least these items aren't soul-bound to the accounts.

Stupid red tape. I think there would be less of an issue if they wern't paid for with real money and were acredited for where they are from. Like free advertisement that way. You are correct though and I just need to accept that the red tape makes it too hard.

If that were the case, no one would get paid in the end.

Money = happiness to business

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Eerie Doll
Anne Packrat

Yeah it's like this, I just think it would have been nice if they could have done some kind of free parody item for international users just to show that they aren't forgotten about.
I never said anything about not wanting Gaia to earn money, this is something that everyone is just assuming about me like I am some SF noob.
I understand how the site works, I understand how making money and making a profit works.

talk2hand

You're against them taking lucrative and user-requested sponsorships because they by law have to restrict the initial sale to US users. You want them to turn down something that will make them a lot of money.

If you want them to specifically make items for international users than you should update your opening post to reflect this. Making an item exclusive to Australian users is probably not going to happen unfortunately as they make up a very small percentage of the site.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Eerie Doll
said Gaia Online... NEVER.

Real nice of you Gaia to make items that only people who live in U.S can partake in.

Not just talking about the Tiger & Bunny CI but Mecha Neko in general for anyone outside of the states.

Your non-U.S users get left out a lot... pretty pathetic for a community website if you ask me.

Thanks so much for the feedback, and for letting us know how you feel about this!

We know that it can be frustrating for some of our International users to be unable to get into the Mecha Neko. Just so you know, in certain cases (for licensing reasons) we have to release items this way - it's that or not have them available, and we feel that it is better to have them on Gaia than not. Besides, they will make their way into the marketplace, and everyone can pick them up there. Please know that we like all Gaians regardless of where they live - the diversity of our members is actually one of the things we love most about this community. 3nodding

(FYI - Your thread made me laugh because I just helped someone from Australia with a billing issue this afternoon, and I thanked them for the purchase. So, in fact, Gaia *has* thanked Australian users for their money. hehe! 3nodding )

Be well ^^
Sisky

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Anne Packrat
Eerie Doll

talk2hand

You're against them taking lucrative and user-requested sponsorships because they by law have to restrict the initial sale to US users. You want them to turn down something that will make them a lot of money.

If you want them to specifically make items for international users than you should update your opening post to reflect this. Making an item exclusive to Australian users is probably not going to happen as they make up a very small percentage of the site.

I like how no one pointed out that it would be a stupid idea in the first place. I mean c'mon. You partner with a company and then parody something involving their IP during the sponsorship. And seriously no one can see why this is a bad idea?

It would be a really fast way to not only burn a bridge, but also be potentially sued.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
It's very annoying hearing people repeat statements / forums like this.
Please. If you are going to complain about something at least make sure you
know all of the facts. Gaia is unable to make Mecha Neko available to those outside
of the U.S. due to licensing. It's not their fault.
If you want the items so badly you can always...
Buy it in the marketplace?
You can use your Gaia cash on something better in the future anyway.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Eerie Doll

Of course some of us do.
You called the website pathetic, for releasing the items in Mecha Neko.
Even though you can still buy them on the MP.
I'd be a bit more understanding if they weren't available to us in any shape, nor form.
But they are, and all you're doing is pretty much complaining about nothing.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
StrawberryZ0mbie
What kills me about this whole discussion is that people don't get that with the way copyrights work, to offer official merchandise internationally, Gaia would have to locate the rights holders for every single country and negotiate the exact same contract with every single one of them so they could release the same items everywhere. It's not like they can go to the original author and create some kind of general contract that supersedes the copyrights of companies like Funimation. Usually when an author sells rights to their work, they don't retain the same rights they sell. So if an author sold rights to distribute their work in the US to Funimation, they wouldn't ALSO have the right to distribute their work in the US--Funimation would almost definitely be the sole rights holder for the US.

Which means, to sell the same items to every single country, Gaia would have to locate each, separate, rights holder--then negotiate the same contract for the release of the same items. And if one country says "Yeah...no. 8D" That means the users from that country have to be excluded from the release of the items.

I mean, seriously. It's complicated. Various rights belong to various people and whoever has the rights in Australia may not even have the same exact distribution rights as companies in America, or England, or anywhere else. That's why we have lawyers who do nothing but sit around and figure out this stuff. You don't just go "Tra la la, is it okay to do this? Yeah? YAY!"
Sometimes something is so convoluted and complicated, it's just not possible.

I know the intricacies of copyright law aren't exactly common knowledge. But you'd think that once Gaia says "it's due to licensing complexities" people would understand instead of going "Nuh uh! Ur stingy and mean!" emotion_donotwant

THIIIIS. It would be a real b***h to go to every license holder for every country to ask for rights. And even if Gaia tried to do that, they probably wouldn't be able to get partnerships, at least, not from all the countries. Gaia is a US-based site and only a small portion of users here are from other countries. Whoever holds the license for Australia might not think it's worth it to do business with Gaia because there aren't many Australians on this site.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I don't really mind. It's not like they did it on purpose, you can buy them in the MP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff