Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
marshmallowcreampie
Read the announcement. It says the items aren't available for cash purchase in the US due to licensing issues. I'm sure Gaia would like to offer these items to international users, but I imagine it's pretty difficult. The thing is, a single anime show probably has a ton of different companies to license to different countries. If Gaia wanted these Tiger & Bunny items available for ALL users to buy, they would have to get the rights from the company that has the rights in the UK, the one that has the rights in Australia, the one that has the rights in Mexico... Getting ahold of all these companies and trying to make deals would be a pain, and even then, there's no guarantee. Gaia is a US based site, most users are in the US. The company in Australia might not want to do a partnership with a site that doesn't have a lot of Australian users. Just buy the items off the MP.

This and no, I don't think international users need special items offerd to them any more than users who can't use cash need exclusive items. You can get them, you just can't pay RL monies for them.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I was waiting for this thread.. lol

Sucks. But that's how it goes. Nothing Gaia can do about it.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Don't blame Gaia, blame funimation.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          Is someone going to post a thread like this every time we have a partner/sponsor?
          Funimation's the problem, not Gaia.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Pirate Captain Sushi

Don't even blame Funimation. It's not their fault that they can only license in certain countries. There really isn't anyone you can blame, really. Not even the studio that actually makes the show, it's not reasonable to expect them to be able to edit and market their work for all countries by themselves.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Denham
          Is someone going to post a thread like this every time we have a partner/sponsor?

No. It's just international copyright laws. Tiger and Bunny is Viz. But, pretty much any anime sponsor is going to be like this.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
AKB0048
Denham

No. It's just international copyright laws. Tiger and Bunny is Viz. But, pretty much any anime sponsor is going to be like this.

Ah, I'm sorry. That's what I get for not reading too much about the show. But yes, you're right. It's too bad, but there's really nothing that could be done about it.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

You know, I live in Australia, and I don't care that it's not available to us.
You can still get the items on the MP.
It's a licensing law. Get over it.

If you ran a business, and were offered something great, and a little bundle of people missed out,
but it was still actively available (i.e Marketplace), you would probably do it, too.

Stop ******** whining.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Omg.
Shutup already.

It's not Gaia's fault.
It's called licensing.

DO look it up.
Move to America and then you have my permission to enjoy our items. emotion_kirakira

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Yeah because you can always BUY THE ITEMS FROM THE MP FOR FREE!!

Now get out of SF next time Gaia graces us with awesome items in the Mega Neko store. talk2hand

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
*lives in australia*
Meh. The items aren't that good anyway....I wanted some new wigs....or dresses...

Does tiger and bunny merch even sell in australia? I haven't seen any in large game stores in NSW

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Pirate Captain Sushi

This is what I was thinking. Then I realized it was Viz so yeah...

Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai
Isn't this something do to the sponsor licensing issues? Not sure, but it may be the same as Full Metal Alchemist.

:/

If so, there is nothing Gaia could do.

No sponsor = no money = more ads = more over priced cash shop items = unhappy users

Sponsor = money = un/ happy users

That's a no brainer, right there.

that aside (I'm really not that stupid) I don't see why once in a while they could endeavor to make items specially for international users as a thanks.

Gaia's based in the US. Home base comes first in these types of situations. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm simply stating a fact that others may not understand because, it is often repeated. I'm still seeing threads about FMA.

It would be nice, but I bet there is a lot of red tape involving this sort of thing. It may not be as simple as we may think it to be. However, look at it this way: at least there is an option available via the MP. If the Staff really wanted to keep this a "US-ONLY" sponsor item, it would be soul-bound to the account. That would make MORE users mad.

It's a website. It should cater for international users by default. Otherwise its just a bad business plan. I can understand not releasing the videos in the anime movie section because that means that people would get access to the show early and they would lose sales and viewer here when its released but items online have no excuss because it hinders their sales rather then improves it for both Gaia AND the sponser.

It really is super annoying.

gaia always screws international members over. The anime movie section, the shops, conventions (I have an achievement that will sit there forever.) Even the Gaia Cash system where you work for gaia cash is geared negatively. I went to the movie section and there was only 2 options. so I did them both and now I'm 6GC richer. There are alot more in the survay or signup section but I find only about 1 out of 6 will actually give me the GC at the end of it and they take ages so I gave up on that. might be better now. I'll have to test.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff