Welcome to Gaia! ::

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
said Gaia Online... NEVER.

Real nice of you Gaia to make items that only people who live in U.S can partake in.

Not just talking about the Tiger & Bunny CI but Mecha Neko in general for anyone outside of the states.

Your non-U.S users get left out a lot... pretty pathetic for a community website if you ask me.

Mysterious Trickster

Isn't this something do to the sponsor licensing issues? Not sure, but it may be the same as Full Metal Alchemist.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Kain-Senpai
Isn't this something do to the sponsor licensing issues? Not sure, but it may be the same as Full Metal Alchemist.

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason.

Assimilated Wolf

Kain-Senpai

I'd be willing to bet that it is.

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Kain-Senpai

:/

Mysterious Trickster

Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai

Super Fightin Prototype
Yeah, that's pretty much the reason.

Gundamu
I'd be willing to bet that it is.

If so, there is nothing Gaia could do.

No sponsor = no money = more ads = more over priced cash shop items = unhappy users

Sponsor = money = un/ happy users

That's a no brainer, right there.

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

Yes it sucks that only US users have access to these items
but its better than not being able to get the items at all

its not like you cant buy them with gold from the MP

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai

No sponsor = no money = more ads = more over priced cash shop items = unhappy users

that aside (I'm really not that stupid) I don't see why once in a while they could endeavor to make items specially for international users as a thanks.

Mysterious Trickster

Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai

that aside (I'm really not that stupid) I don't see why once in a while they could endeavor to make items specially for international users as a thanks.

Gaia's based in the US. Home base comes first in these types of situations. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm simply stating a fact that others may not understand because, it is often repeated. I'm still seeing threads about FMA.

It would be nice, but I bet there is a lot of red tape involving this sort of thing. It may not be as simple as we may think it to be. However, look at it this way: at least there is an option available via the MP. If the Staff really wanted to keep this a "US-ONLY" sponsor item, it would be soul-bound to the account. That would make MORE users mad.
In order to offer those sponsorship items to users in other countries, Gaia has to work with whoever holds the licensing rights to X anime in those countries. The FMA and T&B items are from the US license holders only, so hence why Mecha Neko is available only to users currently located in the US.

Maybe we would have been better off not having such a shop and having these conversations? But we have it, and that's just how things are for the time being neutral

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Did seriously no one here read the announcement? rolleyes

Quote:
(Due to licensing issues, we're only able to offer this CI in the Mecha Neko cash shop to customers in the United States. Sorry!)

Jesus Christ on a flying waffle.

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai
Eerie Doll
Kain-Senpai

Gaia's based in the US. Home base comes first in these types of situations. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm simply stating a fact that others may not understand because, it is often repeated. I'm still seeing threads about FMA.

It would be nice, but I bet there is a lot of red tape involving this sort of thing. It may not be as simple as we may think it to be. However, look at it this way: at least there is an option available via the MP. If the Staff really wanted to keep this a "US-ONLY" sponsor item, it would be soul-bound to the account. That would make MORE users mad.

I guess you're right

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Read the announcement. It says the items aren't available for cash purchase in the US due to licensing issues. I'm sure Gaia would like to offer these items to international users, but I imagine it's pretty difficult. The thing is, a single anime show probably has a ton of different companies to license to different countries. If Gaia wanted these Tiger & Bunny items available for ALL users to buy, they would have to get the rights from the company that has the rights in the UK, the one that has the rights in Australia, the one that has the rights in Mexico... Getting ahold of all these companies and trying to make deals would be a pain, and even then, there's no guarantee. Gaia is a US based site, most users are in the US. The company in Australia might not want to do a partnership with a site that doesn't have a lot of Australian users. Just buy the items off the MP.

Unholy Shapeshifter

Eerie Doll
I don't see why once in a while they could endeavor to make items specially for international users as a thanks.

Because two 'wrongs' do not make a right.
Like previously stated, Gaia is only releasing the items to USA users
based on legal issues with the rights to the licensing.

Making items available to only users outside of the USA
on purpose is not going to make this sort of situation
any better. I cannot see Gaia doing that by their own choice
because, as a business, it wouldn't be a smart move to
intentionally keep a specific section of the user/customer base
from purchasing product if said business can help it.

Sexy Assailant

Take it up with the Sponsors and their red tape. Leave gaia out of this. It's not like you can't buy it from the marketplace.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff