Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Object of Affection 150
I know I've posted this elsewhere, but yeah, as someone who can't access Loyal's shop and consequently also stuck with a bunch of Gates that I can't unseal, I would have liked to see them handle this better. At least take the Gates out of the shop until they would let us unseal them, or they should have let kickstarter donators open theirs first to reap the benefits and then release them officially in Loyal's at a later date. Something to put everyone on a level playing field.

We all get that this kickstart was first and foremost, a gold sink, and many of us participated in it mainly to get cheaper gates, while others did donate more just to see if we could get more items *raises hand*. And normally, if things worked as normal, despite the disappointing items (at least in my opinion), this wouldn't be a problem. I feel like Gaia should address this issue in some way though it's unlikely. Maybe reward the site as a whole if not just the kickstart supporters. Honestly for this causing issues for a lot of people, I would have liked to see Gaia just give us the items from the 100 trillion tier that we didn't end up making it to. I'm not asking for Gaia to give us any items or material compensation for it, since that seems just improper considering this was a gold sink donation, but I feel they should at least be like 'we are sorry for this, since we inconvenienced many of you this is a little apology from us'.

At the very least I can open some of my bundles now. I suppose this is a good thing? Maybe?

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
It's an unfortunate thing true
but im not really all that disappointed, i knew it was going to be shitty from the first shadow images of the items
and frankly; those images show items that aren't even in the rig or have not been found yet in it.
(quite a lot of them have been opened and the item not found? its not in there.)
i was happy it was only 5bil when it could've been 15-20 like the previous ones
i'm not happy that they were resealed but so were the bigger shop ones (25;10) i believe.
and i got them for a very small fraction of the price of the loyal ones
3 of each pack for only 2.5b (if you didn't get the achievement of 5bil)
when loyals are 500m, 2b, 4b and 8b, thats a huge discount
the items aren't worth anything anymore which doesn't bother me, i just donate 80% of what i get anyway
once i can open my 25 packs i'll be doing so again.
if you hang onto the items awhile after the rigs gone they'll go up in price and it'll be quite easy to remake that 2.5b / 5b
its easy now if you get one of the more rarer items, they're all 400m-2b so having it at a massive discount you can still turn a pretty profit
maybe not the one you could've done but tbh, people would've under cut you to oblivion so you wouldn't have made that much of one anyway.

I'm not happy with the list of items, its a cheap and very small list, most of this s**t is green and its obvious that gaians dont like green as much as other colors
so pretty much everything green isn't going to be worth anything or it'll be worth a lot less than it would be if it were pink, black, purple, red or blue
thank god the rig items aren't orange.

Fallen Bibliophile

15,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100

I agree with what a lot of people have already said. I do think that those who have participated
in the gold sink deserve a reward for doing that since obviously the previous reward (being the
gates being opened before sold to the masses in Loyal's shop) isn't going to fly. I think a
recolor of something or at least a guaranteed rare item from the Gates item list would be nice
and appease a lot of the people who feel they got jipped.

I participated and while they have been excruciatingly slow at un-sealing them again, this
is certainly unacceptable; especially since no updates have been given at ALL since the one
end-all be-all statement of a half-a$$ed apology and assurance that we would eventually
get our gates opened.
to anyone who only got the crappy gifts like the bees and the flowers, I found a trick i think cuz now im getting items for 1,000,000,000 everything on my avi now i got from the gates.

Basicly when you click an area hold it down for anywere for 30 second to 5 miniots , now im getting some really great re colors like NOM NOM and i think it rocks , I hope everyone has better luck and i hope this helps :c heart

Sierra The Captor's Significant Otter

Proxy Raider

✗✗

I've bought the old gates from Loyal's shop and really liked the items I got, so when this kickstarter came around, I was excited.
                          I'd just sold something, so I had gold and I dumped max.

I now have a million stupid flowers, ice creams and bees/that one doll. wtf.
                          And I can't even open the rest of everything to see how many MORE bees and ice cream I get.

Not to mention my gold is gone and no matter how much of a gold sink it was, the economy is still garbage
                          and now I can't buy anything else because I dropped most of my gold into the sink.
                          I could have commissioned art or even bought the gates that I knew I liked the items from.
                          So, yeah, I'm hurt. I feel like I got ripped off.
                          Like everyone else here/
✗✗

Fashionable Genius

The whole situation is stupid and irritating. I'm never donating gold to these things again, that's for damn sure. What's the point if you can't use the "reward"?

Galactic Destroyer

Anyone else notice that if you go to list your 5/10pack gate on the MP it says "not available in store" yet, if you actually go to Loyal's they ARE for sale?

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
a lil krazeee
Anyone else notice that if you go to list your 5/10pack gate on the MP it says "not available in store" yet, if you actually go to Loyal's they ARE for sale?

The reason for this is that it says "Unsealed Gate of Olympus" for the preorder ones instead of just "Gate of Olympus" for them, so the MP treats them as separate items most like.

Buvic
"It's an unfortunate thing true
but im not really all that disappointed, i knew it was going to be shitty from the first shadow images of the items
and frankly; those images show items that aren't even in the rig or have not been found yet in it."

I assume the sillhouettes were of the items that would have been unlocked via the 100 trillion tier. In short, we are probably just screwed otherwise.

Still think it would have been nice of Gaia to put the 100 tril tier items in as a form of apology.

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
The One Who Is Freed
a lil krazeee

The reason for this is that it says "Unsealed Gate of Olympus" for the preorder ones instead of just "Gate of Olympus" for them, so the MP treats them as separate items most like.

Buvic
and frankly; those images show items that aren't even in the rig or have not been found yet in it."

I assume the sillhouettes were of the items that would have been unlocked via the 100 trillion tier. In short, we are probably just screwed otherwise.

Still think it would have been nice of Gaia to put the 100 tril tier items in as a form of apology.

Not likely, they didn't add the 100 tril tier til the last day or so
so the items should've been in there and they never put them in
i wouldn't expect gaia to apologize for the donaters not getting their golds worth, gaia doesn't apologize

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed
a lil krazeee

Buvic

i wouldn't expect gaia to apologize for the donaters not getting their golds worth, gaia doesn't apologize

Oh you have a good point there about the tier. All I have to say now is 'What the heck, Gaia? Way to false advertise.'

And you have another point with the apology, as I was in another thread about this very thing and definitely feel the only thing we'll ever hear about the Gates from Gaia is 'they should all be unsealed now'. It's a shame, really. I only pretty much stay on gaia for friends and the fact that this is the only place where I've enjoyed the roleplaying community, but I do not approve of their practices at all anymore.

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
The One Who Is Freed
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed
a lil krazeee

Buvic

Oh you have a good point there about the tier. All I have to say now is 'What the heck, Gaia? Way to false advertise.'

And you have another point with the apology, as I was in another thread about this very thing and definitely feel the only thing we'll ever hear about the Gates from Gaia is 'they should all be unsealed now'. It's a shame, really. I only pretty much stay on gaia for friends and the fact that this is the only place where I've enjoyed the roleplaying community, but I do not approve of their practices at all anymore.

Eh, i go on recolor.me if i want to rp, it has a pretty big forum for that
and much more serious and better behaved people
not a lot of people seem to like it though, if they added a flash hang out then people would probably like it more
its basically 90% forum based

Undead Survivor

16,440 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 20 Wins 100
XSenkoX
✗✗

I've bought the old gates from Loyal's shop and really liked the items I got, so when this kickstarter came around, I was excited.
                          I'd just sold something, so I had gold and I dumped max.

I now have a million stupid flowers, ice creams and bees/that one doll. wtf.
                          And I can't even open the rest of everything to see how many MORE bees and ice cream I get.

Not to mention my gold is gone and no matter how much of a gold sink it was, the economy is still garbage
                          and now I can't buy anything else because I dropped most of my gold into the sink.
                          I could have commissioned art or even bought the gates that I knew I liked the items from.
                          So, yeah, I'm hurt. I feel like I got ripped off.
                          Like everyone else here/
✗✗

Well, they're unlocked for me, and I got no more flowers or bees. Never saw this ice cream thing? Or do you mean the frost/sleet items?

Hopefully you'll get a good item, that one headband is worth 4 bil I think?

Devoted Kitten

14,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed
a lil krazeee

Buvic

not a lot of people seem to like it though, if they added a flash hang out then people would probably like it more

This may be a stupid question, but does that website allow for pretty post layouts? That's why I still like rping on here. To be honest, I'm a totally awkward person and feel weird joining different online communities, which is why I haven't totally strayed from Gaia just yet, as much as I've considered it. o3o;;

Sexy Garbage

18,050 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
The One Who Is Freed
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed
Buvic
The One Who Is Freed

This may be a stupid question, but does that website allow for pretty post layouts? That's why I still like rping on here. To be honest, I'm a totally awkward person and feel weird joining different online communities, which is why I haven't totally strayed from Gaia just yet, as much as I've considered it. o3o;;

As far as i am aware, yes, it has the same abilities for posts as gaia does
https://recolor.me/community/7/Role-play_Forum
it also happens to freely allow NSFW topics and pictures aslong as its labeled as such
the only thing i dont think it has for posts is the different boarders or games that gaia has for posts

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Menstrual Cramps
amenamy
+[Skarekrow]+
Yeah, I won't be participating in any more kick starters like this.

Same here. It's a shame too, I like Loyal rigs but if I'm gonna get ******** over for donating, why participate when I could just buy it from the store when it comes out next time around?

User Image

The ones released in the kickstarter are discounted.
And ultimately like I've said at least three times now the point of participating in the kickstarter is to sink gold, the items you receive as a thank you are a gift.

In all fairness, Gaia can't reasonably expect people to throw money into a goldsink without some kind of reward.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff