Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Plus the annoying tendency to make an item in a different shade than everything else on the site. There's a reason I end up wearing the same shoes, boots or pants/stockings/footwear combos all the time or buying the same ones in every colour.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Shintouyu
They hate shoes and pants. So when they have to make any of them they just do an entire leg-mod.

Normal torso, tiny legs.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Lalune Solair
Shintouyu
They hate shoes and pants. So when they have to make any of them they just do an entire leg-mod.
I noticed, and that's also frustrating. leg mods everywhere. it pisses me off that gaia artists can't give two ******** to draw shoes and pants anymore.

Also, skinny pants that don't tuck into boots. Why?

Fashionable Entrepreneur

StrawberryZ0mbie
, usually people say..."OMG I WANT THAT HAIR! not "OMG I WANT THOSE SHOES."

Quie the opposite in the real world. That said, I have to agree in gaia people would be more willing to spend millions of gold on an insanely designed wig than on an insanely designed shoes (if they were any to start with)

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Chantal Dior
StrawberryZ0mbie

Quie the opposite in the real world. That said, I have to agree in gaia people would be more willing to spend millions of gold on an insanely designed wig than on an insanely designed shoes (if they were any to start with)

Probably because in the world changing your hair isn't as simple as clicking an item, and wigs come with their own difficulties. Plus, there is the issue on Gaia where salon colors are kind of awkwardly dull and strange looking...which makes wigs more desirable. LoL

Anxious Friend

I Love Me Some Good Wigs But Gosh Dang, We Need Some Good Quality Shoes On This Site!!

Let Me Just Edit This And Say That We Need Good Quality Shoes That Are Not Leg Mods.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Agreed. We need more and better shoes.

What would be really nice would be if they made an entire EI that was all about shoes. That would be nice. Or held a Cross Stitch contest for shoes.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

StrawberryZ0mbie
Chantal Dior
StrawberryZ0mbie

Probably because in the world changing your hair isn't as simple as clicking an item, and wigs come with their own difficulties. Plus, there is the issue on Gaia where salon colors are kind of awkwardly dull and strange looking...which makes wigs more desirable. LoL

Indeed, some shoes may be nice but I doubt it would be on their top of the list of priorities atm with the whole towns 2 and what nots. Also, this is purely my own view, I would assume the shoes are the last details every gaian would look at when dressing an avi. In my case, I would usually start off something with the top then legs thenheqd an finally feet which I would just use blqk heels or sneakers cause I will be like " screw it, black mathches everything"

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Shoes are difficult on Gaia and have been since the beginning. Tastes also vary; I happen to prefer minimally foot-modifying shoes and avoid footbinding styles. In reviewing my avatar choices, I seem to favor flats with a professional style, possibly similar to shoes Meredith (my favorite NPC) would wear.

I would not be in favor of a CrosStitch contest for shoes because I do not want a new selection of circuses for my feet. xp Although many winning items are enjoyable as well as loved, they tend to be the jump-up-and-grab-you, build-your-whole-avatar-around-them style. This is okay for most contests (although there was a plain elegant coat I really wanted made that didn't get selected, possibly because it was not as "fancy" as the chosen designs), but I just don't think such a contest would get us very many versatile shoes.

I would love to see some recolors of the Lovely Genie Pointed Slippers. They are currently available in Gold and Silver, and I think it would be great if Jade and Copper could be added (to match the Elven accessories in Agatha's shop). They are a simple shape that is easy to use, so I'd be happy to get other colors, too.

I also use the Missy shoes pretty often; they work well with suits. I would enjoy having more color diversity with them, possibly including a set with silver accents instead of gold. The Drop Dead Gorgeous Heels and the Pointed Buckle Heel Slippers are my other go-to favorites in the shoe category; more colors for either or both would be great. User Image

Sparkly Fairy

I'm in the more shoes camp as well. Would be nice if they included shoes(non leg mod in additon to the wigs for items.

I usually end up using the same gold shop shoes all the time when i do use them. If not, then its a leg mod because i cant find any shoes that look decent with what im wearing.

Would love recolors of the white tiger slippers(black and silver version please). This those are one of my favorite gold shop shoes.

Magical Kitten

I go crazy for good shoes. In fact, I have paid 499cash for an item just for the shoes. There are so few truly good shoes on this site, its really frustrating building an avi and not having any shoes to go with it! I tend to wear long skirts because of this - hides the fact that I can't find any good shoes!

I'd love a shoe update, or even a notice-able increase in shoes included in rig items (NOT LEGMODS, I really dislike legmods). We need more shoes, gaia!

Dangerous Gaian

12,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I don't think i have ever found a shoe item i like on this site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff